Euro Fishing Need Help Landing Big Catfish!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dustin Hutchison, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

I been having a problem with huge catfish. I've had the game a few weeks. I can't seem to get them in after they tire out.. The odd thing is I caught 90lb hulk and landed him about 15-20 min. Then I caught a non-boss about 92lbs and it literally took over an hour!
    I had a few others on that I fought for an hour or more before losing due to increasing drag trying to land them after sheer boredom of staring at the same screen for so long..
    It seems they tire as you would expect and bring them in from 150+ yds, but the last 10-20 yards they refuse to come closer. I like a fight but that's just ridiculous! I also have the heaviest rod/reel/line available..
    So is there a trick to landing the big ones or is this just how the game is?

Thanks!

2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Personally I tend to find these types of fights happen when you're in a swim that is tight and they constantly swim into the bank and bounce like a pinball between each side. Also if they get around a corner or locked in an inlet, again the bank acts like a pinball machine. When this happens I find it literally is a waiting game but fully agree it is tiresome. Presa seems the worse for it - Hulk took me nearly an hour as well but ironically Megladon I got in about 15-20 minutes. I would say its a glitch more than lack of understanding on your part.

3. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

Thanks man.. Ya I have noticed that in Bresa they dart around like pinballs lol However over the wknd after posting this, I found a good spot where that don't happen and caught Megladon twice along with every other boss carp/catfish in Bresa multiple times in 2 days. I actually landed Megladon twice in less than 30 minutes. I couldn't believe how fast I landed him! Don't make much sense considering after that I fought a 100lb non-boss cat in Manor for almost an hour..
    I caught every fish in the exact same spot, all the way up top where the smaller little channel goes north. Walked around the end and about halfway down the other side til I was about even with the sign on the other side.. then turned right to face the end of the channel. Using 25lb braid, big pit reel, #4 Korda KD hook & 20mm pop up tiger nuts. After a short while I started seeing tails like crazy. Then when I hooked them they are trapped in that little channel since they try to fight away from me, and I guess since it was such close fishing it let me land them when they got close enough.
    I thought it must be a glitch that I caught so many boss fish in there, but it was a hotspot EVERY single time I went there.
    But in open water landing big cats gets so boring I sometimes want to just break the line! I don't tho just in case it's a boss. I appreciate the help, try that spot out too if yu can!

4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

No worries.... Yep, thats my spot on Presa too..! Never fails to deliver and sometimes looks more like a fish farm with all the activity :)

5. ktmjosh

ktmjosh New Member

I need to try this spot as I cannot catch him any where

6. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

That spot sounds like Cat Alley

7. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

I caught this fella after hooking him at 3pm in the afternoon (game time). I didn't manage to land him until 10PM (game time) so even with the clock set to the default 1HR (real time) = 1 day (game time) it took absolutely ages to land him and most of that time was spent after hauling him back up the lake around the obstacles after his initial dash around 10 to 20 yards out trying to tire him out. He wasn't bouncing off the bank as described above, just refusing to tire to the point where you can land him.

So it seems that patience is required just keep the pressure on for long enough and eventually you'll get your fish.

This seems new as I have caught most of the big cats on Presa and St Johns in the past and they seemed to concede the last part of the fight more readily than they do now. Its possible that Dovetail tweaked the AI when they introduced some new big cats with the Lac D'or (sp?) expansion.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Thats right the time to reel him in should be shorter . Its not right it takes 10 hours in game to land one fish.

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Definitely needs an A.I tweak. Seems strange that after the original run from a boss Cat of say 180 yards, you can then drag them in fairly quickly until the last 15- 20 yards where it flaps about for ever in front of you with amazing recovery powers.

10. Dover

Dover New Member

Patience is all you need. And buckets of it...