Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 1, 2020.

1. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

DTG Natster communication is key don't tell let Sam say one thing and then say the opposite yourself

2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

SO I GUESS NO 182 and S-2 for me

3. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Support have been most likley misinformed

4. lDanny Holand

So was DTG Protagonist wrong or was DTG Natster wrong? I thought you were working on improving your communication with customers but this is the complete reverse of that

5. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

IT's SUPPORT to BLAME

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I DOUBT we will ever be seeing the "OG" Disk owners get RAPID or GWE

7. lDanny Holand

They will just have to give codes of it comes down to it, if they made it digital only right from the start they wouldn't be in this position

8. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

BUT they say this on the tickets. So probably not for a few weeks

Hello Ehren,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Rapid Transit add-on for TSW2 on consoles.

We are aware of an entitlement configuration issue which is preventing some users from downloading this add-on without charge.

Please be assured that if you own Rapid Transit for Train Sim World 2020 on the same platform as you wish to play TSW2, then you will not be required to pay twice.

We are working with Microsoft and Sony to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Once the issue has been resolved you will be able to download Rapid Transit for TSW2 without having to contact Customer Support.

If your box and/or disk does have the words COLLECTOR'S EDITION printed on them, please reply to this message and provide a photograph of your Train Sim World 2020: Collector's Edition box and/or disk.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards,

Chris Medlock
    Customer Support Advisor
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

9. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

AND, even despite MICROSOFTS NEGILENCE, we dont get sales in return

10. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Need a ticket for Rapid transit on PS4 for TSW2

Attached Files:

11. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

i am xbox tho

12. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

DTG Protagonist please tell support to give codes for OLD disks, not JUST COLLECTORS. Cos there was this disk [​IMG]

13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Sam is on vacation right now

14. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I am currently giving you the information I have been given, customer support have also told you the same thing I have. I am not 100% sure what was said on stream however I will look into it and see if you need to contact support regardless of what disc you have.

Right now most people won't be at their computers as it's after office hours, but I will get an answer for you tomorrow.

I apologise if this is currently confusing and you feel as though you are being told two contradicting pieces of information.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

THANK YOU SOO MUCH.

16. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

sorry for repeat posting DTG Natster but this needs adressing to the team, its annoying 100s, nihgt all

17. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

Thank you Natalie :)

18. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

I'm on xbox and that's on till the wee hours of the morning so any update no matter what time is welcoming Matt has just said on his stream something about if we get no joy from the forums to put in a ticket? This thread seems to be more about disc copies of RT. I don't own any TSW versions on disc all mine are digital as are the dlc's. I'm on xbox and still as of 10.11 pm still cannot get my old dlc from 2020 RT to install on my tsw2 without buying it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Nothing changed yet. As you can see owned in TSW2020...

Attached Files:

20. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Well, well. The failure rate of TSW2 has been 100% for me. Not a single release has worked. On the funny side, at least you can say they are consistent!

I bought TSW2 the day it was released and was informed that the discount would be applied at purchase. After pressing 'buy', it was NOT applied. Sure, they repaired that later - but could I get a refund? NO, of course not. Then along comes persevered collection 2 and I have to check every day for almost 2 weeks before finally getting the downloads. And now persevered collection 3 comes along and they want me to pay yet again! Looks like another wait and hope that is resolved. To be honest, I am now not even sure I want to buy the Isle of Wight line considering it is again almost $50, and basically contains no new trains and a short line.

Sorry for the rant, but I am not very happy right now. I paid more for TSW2 than many other loyal TSW 2020 owners, yet I cannot even get what many of those others already have,

• Like Like x 2
  21. lDanny Holand

Where the hell did you get $50 from its $25 or £20

22. markpeters69

markpeters69 New Member

It depends on what part of the world your in and the exchange rate is at the time.

If I wanted to buy Rapid Transit it would cost me almost NZ $50

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Yep, it's almost $50 in Australia!

• Like Like x 2
  24. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Smh, it’s still not free on Xbox

25. box215

box215 Active Member

Looks like it's fixed for Playstation owners who had the digital version of RT
    Us Xbox users are still waiting though...
    Sad cause we cant even use the 182 until RT is installed

26. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

So I try to make this even a bit more strange...

... on my Xbox there were no problems with it yesterday evening. The DLCs weren't shown in the ingame store but in the MS one where they were all recognized and could be installed.

I even could try them out and install them whilst playing TSW2 TSW2 something which has never happened with any DLC before...

And yes, I also owned that Digital Deluxe Edition with GWE, RT, NEC and Gp40-2 back then...

27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So, having this issue with RT as well. MSB and the BR182 dowloaded from xbox store with no issue, but RT is asking me to pay. None of the 3 show up in the in-game store fwiw.

Originally bought TSW digitally via Founders Edition (or whatever the version that launched in Xbox Game Preview was- came with GWR, RT, and NEC, iirc). I'm in the US, Eastern time zone.

Hope it gets sorted soon. In any case finally giving SKA some time now that there's more services.

28. NYIslanders0902

Smh

29. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Conntact support, i did that but they told me it was for collectors edition only, CLEARLY support arent support at all

30. ExcelsiorGamingYT

ExcelsiorGamingYT Well-Known Member

They are fixing it, the ones being asked to contact support are for owners of the disc version... us who have the digital copy they are working on a fix we just need to be patient these things happen. Also don't forget they only have 3 people working in the preserved collection. Patience is a virtue!!!

31. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Just for clarity, not all disc versions. Only Collectors Edition discs as ehrenholt mentions. I have TSW2018 on disc and was told to wait by support, no evidence required

32. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

I Hope this bug/glitchh is fixt soon DTG Natster?

33. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  34. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I just leave this here. Hopefully it helps folks figure out what the problem is. I clearly own Rapid Transit for TSW 2020, but not for TSW 2 for some reason. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Also, please be aware that this bug prevents affected players from using the DB BR 182 locomotive in the game, as it's also tied to Rapid Transit.

rapidtransit.jpg

35. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Me to but for it 30€ nope thank you

36. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

37. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Just get naked instead!

• Like Like x 3
  38. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I can confirm that unless your disc says "Collectors Edition" you don't need to contact customer support. I appreciate this will be disappointing for a few of you as you were told otherwise. Please read this thread if you own disc as it is up to date and correct.

For those of you who are still waiting for the download, this is still being worked on. We are currently waiting to hear back from Microsoft but it remains a high priority. I can't give you a guaranteed time for when you should expect a fix.

• Like Like x 4
  39. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Thanks for keeping us up to date, DTG Natster. I think that, as long as we know that DTG is aware of an issue, and is at least working on finding a solution, most of us should have peace of mind for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  40. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

DTG Natster i hope its not so long for me i buy TSW 1 with GWR And Rapit Transit and NEC But i will play RT But dont want to pay for it 30 bucks.

41. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Ive seen that RT is now showing on the in game store, but as DTG Natster has said, the free upgrade for existing owners still hasn't appeared.

42. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Megasim for me to but still for Charge

43. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

The problem with that was at the time of writing the TSW2 preserved content available at launch (Peninsula Corridor) ONLY affected physical owners of Collector's Edition (that's why it states CE owners only) and now that more preserved content has been made available it's not been updated to take into account that it now affects other physical copy owners of TSW.

Besides which, In the interests of fairness claiming activation codes for preserved content shouldn't be exclusive to CE owners anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

In others words you need it specifically mentioned that other licensing options have also been reported and are being looked into otherwise you will act as if they haven't been?
    DTG have already said that other licensing options ARE being looked into and will be fixed in due course

45. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It's not a case of looking into and resolving things - it's more a case that DTG are treating owners of the exact same product in different ways. This is the email I received...Even though they are "currently working on a solution" (a point they have mentioned in **all three** of my claims for preserved collection content) there's no "in due course" for me - and that should be the same for everyone

Hello Andy,

Thank you for contacting us about using your TSW Collector's Edition content in Train Sim World 2.

Please note that only Peninsula Corridor, Long Island Rail Road, Ruhr-Sieg Nord, Main Spessart Bahn and Rapid Transit are currently available for use in Train Sim World 2 and the codes provided below will enable access for Phase 3 Content Only. We are currently working on a solution for the remaining content featured in the Collector's Edition as we build upon the Preserved Collection and we advise you to monitor our official channels for news on this. For full details on the current plan for the Preserved Collection, please refer to our Roadmap at https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-29-september

Your Activation Code for Main Spessart Bahn Is:

Your Activation Code for Rapid Transit Is:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
  46. ARuscoe

If it was the same product you bought in the first place you would have the collectors edition and already be covered. As that's not the case you haven't got the same product...

47. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Yeah, you're right - why am I even arguing equality.. I'll just be content with my preferential treatment as a CE owner and hapilly play Rapid Transit whilst agreeing that all those other owners (with lesser and more obscure versions of TSW) should absolutely get theirs "in due course".

48. ARuscoe

You didn't

Maybe agreeing that it's being worked on but because the cause is different it's likely that the fix is going to be different also

49. NYIslanders0902

More like, not supporting

50. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Seriously? Do you actually read what people write?

My argument is (and remains) that if I, as a CE owner, should email DTG to request and receive an activation code for xx preserved content then someone with a different version of the game but in ownership of that exact same perserved content should be given the opportunity to do exactly the same thing. After all, It's not their fault DTG implemented a system that didn't work from the get go. Now If that's not equality then i'm lost as to exactly what is.

Anyhows, I'm ending this here and now because we're going absolutely nowhere.