Game Crashes On Koln Aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rhysrobinson336, Oct 1, 2020.

1. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

While I was doing one of the RE9 services with the br442 talent 2 from Aachen to Köln, just after departing Koln Ehrenfield on the approach to Koln hbf the game crashes back to my Xbox home. It has happened 2 times up to now one where I was driving and the other when I was riding as a passenger. This has only started happening after the latest game update. I’m unsure if it’s the Main Spessart Bahn Preserved Collection that was added but since installing it the game crashes just after departing Koln Ehrenfield towards Koln hbf. Is anyone having the same problems or is it just me?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

It has just happened to me again while doing an ICE run from Aachen to Koln. The game crashed at the exact same point which is just after Koln Ehrenfield. This has only begun happening after installing the Main Spessart Bahn Preserved Collection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

Thats not all, I just added a scenario to the Main Spessart Bahn, every time I start it the game crashes. The only time a scenario runs is when it has only one train involved. Thats not how it should be.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Same. Also crashed once approaching Köln HFB

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Im having the same problem qc out the window yet again what an absolute shambles. It seems every update is making the game worse.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Same on PlayStation. Just after the orange-brick bridge that is too low haha. It happens on RE1 services too. And ICE services. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Hi Folks

Would be really helpful if you could note the specific services / scenario names so that we can reproduce them in builds here and try and recreate what you're seeing.

I've just driven an RE9 service from Aachen to Koln on Xbox One (and in fact i've got the Wuppertal route on my system in addition to MSB so actually worse memory-wise) and i've just arrived zero-crashes into Koln - so it may be certain services that show the problem rather than all? (either that or my build just doesn't suffer from it anymore... I can hope!).

Give us more info folks and we'll do our best to help as quickly as we can. Don't assume it's "all services" - list the specific ones you have experienced it on, and also re-try the same one and let us know if it's *always* crashing on that particular service or just some times.

Thanks!

Matt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

Hi Matt

The ones that I have had it crash on is the 19:18pm RE9 service from Aachen to Koln while riding as a passenger. I just finished the freight service that started at 19:15pm at Aachen and then jumped on the talent 2 that was being driven by the AI and it crashed just after Koln Ehrenfield. It Also crashed for me at the same point while I was driving the RE9 service from Aachen that starts at 12:18pm and the ICE services that it’s happened On is the ICE315 and ICE317 from Aachen to Koln. The game crashes only started after installed the Main Spessart Bahn Preserved Collection. I have tried them with MSB uninstalled and the game runs fine on the above mentioned RE9 and ICE services into Koln. The platform I’m on is Xbox one S.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. emily.blair

emily.blair New Member

Hi Matt

I’ve had it crash on me running the ICE3 timetable services. It happened on both the 11:40 and 13:40 to Frankfurt. Crashed about 2km from Koln every time. I gave up after 3 crashes so don’t know of any other services that it might happen on.

Attached Files:

10. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

Hey Matt,
    in my case its the MSB and a self created scenario that includes more than two services. Always I start the scenario the game crashes as I appear in the train. And yes i mean always! I also created a thread on the technical support site. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

I have been testing to see if the game crashes approaching Koln both with MSB Preserved Collection installed and MSB uninstalled with all the ICE3 services from Aachen to Koln and a around half a dozen RE9 services over the last few days and I come to the conclusion that upon approaching Koln HBF just after Koln Ehrenfield the game only crashes with MSB installed. When I uninstall it I don’t have any problems with any service approaching Koln HBF. My conclusion is the MSB Preserved Collection that’s causing the game crashes as I have not had any game crash with MSB uninstalled.

12. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

Hello,

yes, I have the same problem -also since I have downloaded MSB as Preserved Collection.

It crashes as mentioned above by emily.blair about 2-3 kilometres before Cologne Central Station. (The area where all the bridges in front of Cologne station are). I was driving the ICE 3 timetable 11:40 from Aachen to Frankfurt via Cologne. I drove this timetable a couple of weeks ago and back then it worked fine.

13. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

hi Matt, Hope your enjoying Rhine Rhur Osten on there, I am crashing on most of my Westbound ICE services out of aachen, BUT have found that the 2nd one in the morning and 3rd to last one dosent crash

14. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I experienced the same crash on Xbox One. I have the MSB preserved content installed. I was running the second service in the second (Talent) journey chapter, but am unable to look up its specific name at this time.

15. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

Hi all, I do have the same issue. My game crashes on the XBOX one S on every route from Aachen to Cologne. It crashed multiple times right after Köln-Ehrenfield. The place where you go underneath the bridge towards Cologne Central Station.

This appears since I have the Main-Spessart-Bahn installed. It happened with the ICE317 departing 17:40 in Aachen. And also with DBpbzf from Cologne to Aachen.

16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue on my xbox, but hey it's just another example of dtg rushing out products for the sake of new customers buying it and not properly making sure it'll work. I'm not suprised

17. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm having the same problems basically RE1 to koln after Koln Ehrenfield the game crashes

• Like Like x 1
  18. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

Mine crashed yesterday same route on the ice maybe this should go in tecnical, ive not tried it since, it was a service around 11am ish destination to Koln.

19. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

I already created one in tech reports forum and also submitted a ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

Have they replied back with any acknowledgement yet

21. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

All they have told me it’s that it’s been flagged for further investigation by the dev team.

22. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've also just experienced this.

Driving the second ICE journey in the High Speed chapter, it crashes between Koln Ehrenfield and Koln HBF as you go along with the brick wall on the right hand side.

It doesn't happen in the opposite direction, and it also doesn't happen if you drive a freight train that terminates at Ehrenfield. It's purely the journey to HBF that causes the issue.

DTG Protagonist Please can an issue like this (i.e. game breaking) be added to the roadmap.

And please, please DTG, don't turn this into a Miles Platting issue...

• Like Like x 1
  23. GregOuz

GregOuz Member

In journey mode, on the chapter 4 the Ice 13 service always crash few kilometers before Köln.

24. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Nope, all good here (completed a few mins ago).

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/screenshot/21074275
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/screenshot/21074269

These are the default X1X settings I use for all journeys (with the exception of EC where I turn off enhanced visuals):
    Cabin view for the entire journey.
    Immersion settings OFF.
    Enhanced visuals ON.
    So if you're doing anything different then maybe the issue could be narrowed down a little further because (touch wood) I've not had one single CTD on any location/route.

25. LucasLCC

Do you also have MSB installed?

26. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

27. GregOuz

GregOuz Member

I am not playing on an Xbox x, but i will try to do it only with the cabin view next time.

28. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Well, talk about the kiss of death. 'Applying your talent' part 2 throws up an "error: out of memory. Make sure your graphics card...something, something (I didn't quite see the last bit)" message as you finish loading passengers at the station before Koln so there goes my 100% success rate :cool:

29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I got crashed as well even stayin in the 1 view the whole time. It's the same problem that is preventing us from getting the full HMA experience as well. We just have to get lucky and the memory we have will be sufficient

30. Class395

Class395 Active Member

As I thought it would, the crashing is now worse after the S-Bahn services are available. I've had two crashes after turning the BR422 around at Düren.

31. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

I assume that this is somehow also related to the layer issue.
    I am not able to play the route from Aachen to Cologne at the moment. It crashes right after Koeln-Ehrenfeld.

32. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

I can say that even though I have just recently upgraded to a Xb1 x from s that I have got passed the game crash at the bridge while having RRO and MSB installed but hit the next barrier at the 60kmh speed reduction sign which is an out of memory message which happens with the ICE, RE1 and RE9 services from Aachen and S-Bahn services that turn around from duren to come back.

33. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

UPDATE....

On the ICE services from Aachen to Köln I can make it into Köln without any crashes or out of memory messages on Xbox one x and in game graphics set to HD instead of 4K and this is with both MSB and RRO Preserved routes on. After arriving in Köln HBF I went into the options to change graphics to 4K after completing a service to Köln and the game crashed.
    I’m presuming it will be the same for the rest of the services but I have yet to try them.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  34. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I can’t leave Cologne as it crashes due to memory issues, I can’t enter Cologne coming from Aachen as it crashes about a mile outside of Cologne and I can’t go near Munich on the other route as it crashes due to memory issues

35. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I managed to do a couple of S-Bahn services on SKA and I had no issues pulling into Köln Hbf, apart from getting caught by pzb magnet as I pulled into the station. I had preserved RRO installed and got rid of MSB, as this was causing the crashes on the route.

• Like Like x 1
  36. gergonemes

gergonemes Member

Same for me. Journey chapter 2, Re9 crash before Koln. I change to HD, and it works. But the next journey chapter part 1 (Ice,without stop, koln-achen)) crashed again. grrrrr

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  37. tornado

tornado New Member

I got around this problem by uninstalling Main Spessart Bahn Route for now, and I have not experienced anymore crashes to date on the Koln, Aachen route. I will wait for a Fix to the Layers problem then I will reinstall the MSB route. My current console is a Xbox One S, but my Television is 4K, UHD, recognised by the console.

38. tallboy7648

The fact that this issue has yet to be resolved is quite baffling. You cant do any service heading to Koln HBF with the extra services without the game crashing. The timetable for the s-bahn services are completely wrong. You get three 422 services stuck together not moving after sindorf on the single track as well. They keep saying that they test their products but itś not reflected when they release their products. How were these issues missed, it doesn´t make any sense

• Like Like x 1
  39. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the 1mile away ish from Köln crash is fixed yet

I have one more ICE service to complete on that route and I can’t because of it (19:47 Aachen to Köln)

• Like Like x 1
  40. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

There are several fixes on the roadmap for Koeln-Achen, but it is not yet known exactly when they will come. Partly they are under "Next Arrival" and partly under "In Production".

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. LucasLCC

It's quite disappointing that after all this time the crashes still remain.

SKA is one of my favourite routes, and I shouldn't have to uninstall MSB to get it to work.

Another poor show from DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  42. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This is by no means being ignored, but I can see how it is disappointing for you if you are still experiencing crashes.

Unfortunately some fixes simply require a bit of time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. tallboy7648

This should've been resolved before the layers were put into the route. I'm sure if this was tested the dev team would not have missed that issue at all and fixed it before the layers were added. I assume it was tested even though it doesn't look like it was tested. If there is a game breaking issue because of layers how about fix it before you release it. It's common sense

• Like Like x 2
  44. LucasLCC

It has been over two months... Crashes should be the number one priority bug to fix and the lack of action on this is more than disappointing.

• Like Like x 5
  45. tallboy7648

I agree. It's simply unacceptable that it's been two months and a game breaking bug should be the number one priority to fix and only now a solution is coming. That's just unacceptable and for the future, make sure you fix layers causing routes to crash before actually releasing them because it's common sense

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  46. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/119246344
    Everything works here without the need to uninstall anything. X1X / 4K mode / data stored on an external SSD.
    *I did have to redo a story mode schedule twice due to a memory error but aside from that there were no other issues.*

47. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

LucasLCC I agree crashes should be our priority, and they are. We aim to fix game stopping problems as quickly and efficiently as we can.
    In some cases however finding a quick fix simply isn't possible, and can take longer than you might like to get resolved.

• Like Like x 2
  48. tallboy7648

On console, you can't do the services to koln without the game crashing

• Like Like x 1
  49. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

They are fine on XBox. Two randomly selected routes:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/119292352
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/video/119292394

Note: The final few yards of each run is missing but that's purely down to the fact XB1 only allows 10 mins max so I had to best guess when to start recording. Both services arrived at Koln and unloaded passengers without a hitch.

50. LucasLCC

Do you have MSB installed? These crashes only have occured since MSB was preserved.