Is There A Way To Make The Horn Trigger The Bell For Locomotives With Compiled Scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottN, Oct 2, 2020.

1. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I always want to know is there a way to make the horn activate the bell for locomotives that have locomotive scripts that are compiled and encrypted? It doesn’t freel prototypical for modern locomotives that are in this sim to have them not the bell ringing when the horn is sounded.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When i run DTG US locos - like the FL9 - and I sound the horn the Bell also starts automatically - which I feel is unrealistic. Ok if you are in an area with a lot of road traffic but going along at 50mph in the middle of nowhere why do you need the Bell?

3. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Maybe you don’t need the bell in the middle of nowhere but it would be nice to have bell ring when you blow the horn.

4. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Is it prototypical as in the real world??? If the horn is sounded on say an sd40-2 then does the bell ring and the ditch lights start to flash??? If thats the case then how long does the bell ring / ditch lights flash for and do they stop automatically of does the driver / engineer have to manually turn them off???

Also, different RR's will have different specifications although I think it is an FRA requirement that the ditch lights flash when the horn is sounded...

Eric

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

That is a no, both BNSF and UP do not equip flashing ditchlights on their locomotives, however Norfolk Southern and CSX do.

Edit: However, it seems like some of UPs ex Southern Pacific locos are equipped with flashing ditchlights.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  6. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

It would appear that some BNSF units are fitted also:

Eric

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I guess most of the ex BN MACs were equipped with them then.

8. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

To answer the question posed by the OP yes it is possible to have one control trigger another by having your own new script which uses a require segment for the compiled script to run.