Do Not Start Working On New Preserved Collection Until You Fix What You Already Released.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FD1003, Oct 3, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I guess this isn't going to be a comprehensive list but this is what I noticed:

-Sound is completely broken in BR146.2, 143 and 185.2
    -Physic is different between TSW2 and TSW (BR146.2 and Class 377)*
    -General lack of running and track sounds in MSB and RSN
    -Destination Board only work on the cab-car and not on the coaches on MSB and RSN
    -Blue Light on the DoStos shines through the roof.

Those are the thing that annoy me the most, but in general just make sure that the preserved content is at least in the same state as it was in TSW2020.

*BR146.2 can't get up to top speed even with the MSB consist, at first I though it was just the longer consist in SKA.
    Class 377 braking performance is too strong compared to the TSW2020 and also according to a real Class 377 driver.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

That longer consist is 14 HP per ton.
    It has to fly. Bug.

I am with you with your thread's title wish but afraid they don't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

At the moment i think is better that they continue with the preserved collection release, so after all routes will comes out, a large part of this team can join to the main team to develop the new dlcs, and just a little part of them will continue to work on them to fix theese problems. Also maybe some little bugs will be fix during the next preserved collection releases. To be honest at the moment (sound appart) all routes are joinable, so if you can close 1 eye they works good. As i said we need to wait until all routes coming out, than we can start to judge their work. Think that in 1 or 2 mounth all routes will be release

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have already received my German toys - maybe I am a bit selfish when I want quick repairs, and the rest are still waiting for some unnecessary English routes, etc. :D :D :D

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree but I think we got the major update to SKA, which was the important part as that route started to get really boring, now that we have all those new service it's a good moment to stop and fix everything before re starting again. For how much I love the idea of the Düren S-Bahn I think it can wait

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

ECW needs some tweaks as well

• Like Like x 1
  7. delucadomenico2009

I know but keep in mind that the original plan was to just make a porting of the "old" route. After the community feedback they decided to make a remaster of them fot TSW2 and this thing probably has created a delay for the complete TSW2 project. So their strategy probably is to release all route first and than make some fixes where needs. And i agree with them. Probably their plan is to release all routes before the Christmas time and than start a work for TSW2

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't quite understand what could wait. What is this "idea of the Düren S-Bahn"?

9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

there are certainly different teams at work, expect to see München - Augsburg in early November is my guess.

10. delucadomenico2009

Sure but remaster (and testing) require more man at work for the preserved team. Maybe without the remastered, the mun - aug routes was came out in the first days of october or later on september. I just said that all this work takes ~3 mounth before the TSW2 start to release its own routes. However i'm very happy for this one, because means that all routes can be updated in future too (like the diesel loco for RSN). Just need too wait for a bit.

11. delucadomenico2009

When the RRO dlc will be release the SKA will recive the S-bahn service too (that run on the line near the Highspeed line)

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh, OK. Now I understand. We are talking about RRO. Yeah. Can't wait. Still some doubts about priorities. For me, acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. delucadomenico2009

Yes, when the RRO will comes out the SKA will be one of the busier route with the HRR

• Like Like x 1
  14. mclitke

Did a HRR run yesterday and it felt absolutely amazing. The route is great but with only S-Bahn trains around it felt very empty. Now there is trains galore out and about. Just going into any main station and seing a couple of different traisn waiting there is brilliant. Only missing ai-ICE trains now!
    Can only imagine how SKA will be with S-Bahn.

• Like Like x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hope so! I've just been waiting for over 10 minutes to leave the station in HRR. We will see, will see.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The problem is that the TSW2 version is considerably worse than the TSW2020 version, they should be at least on par with each other

17. delucadomenico2009

And remember that in future we will have the intercity service too. Just remain some freight wagons in the yard (just for scenario) and some shutting operations. The routes feels very good at the moment, with some bugs yes but all in work in progress. Hope to see a talent 2 configuration with just 1 EMU for the s-bahn service. And maybe..... an extention of the route in future to give us at least 1 more stop for the ice (and a lot of them for all other services)

18. delucadomenico2009

Right. But in my opinion is just a problem to release all preserved routes as soon as possible. For this reason i continue to say to a wait a bit more. Than we can manifest all our disapoinment if DTG doesn't do bug and sound fixes

• Like Like x 1
  19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the HRR and the two EMUs that come with it are the better P.Coll DLCs except for a texture bug in one of the two trains (I think the 422), but the BR146, 185 and 143 range from awful to sub-par, the route themselves are quite good though, if not for some bug here and there.

Also a bit of an Off-Topic, do you like the HRR, I always wanted to buy it but other routes just seemed better (primarily for the rolling stock), but maybe if they get a sale going on I'll pick it up. Would you recomend it?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As I said before, I see why they decided to use this method, but I think getting at least the 146 and 185 up to at least TSW2020 standard should be a higher priority but I guess this thread won't change their mind anyway... I'm patient enough, but I hope they maintain their word on that

21. delucadomenico2009

Buy it immediatly. It is one of the best route. Expetially if you have all german dlcs. There are more than 310 services on time table, freight, regio-bahn and s-bahn. It is a passengers route so freight just appear sometimes. However is much longer than RRO so for me is good but always too shot of what i want ahaha. Hope DTG will work on this route in future too.

22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Copy that. After MSB release I play mainly HRR. There are no views to admire, but there are trains :D

23. delucadomenico2009

There are a lot of trains and there is a lot to do. Just 1 horrible thing for me. Expetially in the middle of the routes (to daisburg) there are a lot of freight yards and i hate to see all this railway empty. Maybe in the future they will be used (hope at least some freight wagons just for decoration)

24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Empty yards are the game's biggest problem. I think it's mostly about performance. These do-nothing trains still seem to be somehow related to the simugraph.

25. delucadomenico2009

Yes but not directly. For exemple some intermodal wagon and mixed trains in the RRO or the train stopped at duren on SKA. The possibility are a lot. For this reason i continue to say we need shutting operation too, just like the br 204 dlc on MSB that, with the loco, will add a lot of wagons near aschaffenburg. All is possible expetially now with the next gen that is in coming something can change and DTG can increse the weight of the route. Also there is another thing, this "game" is for train fun so i think that no one here will have problems if the game will be 200gb or more if there are a lot of train, routes, and things to do. This is my point of view

26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Here you got me interested. DTG does not boast about it anywhere, but with the BR 155 this number is 374 and these are separate services using this locomotive (I have just checked).
    PS Or just described differently - I don't know.
    But probably the same. I have my age...
    But 374. SKA with MSB & RRO will be 222~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2020
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Oh man, I've just bought RSN waiting for IoW and RRO... but thank you very much I'll buy it as soon as I can, maybe now that the IoW is less expensive I can sneak an extra purchase in there... but I'd like to wait for a sale

• Like Like x 1
  28. mclitke

Personally I love HRR, but I will try to be objective here. I was deterred from buying it because of mediocre steam reviews, which in hindsight I feel are a little bit unfair.

positive:
    -2 EMU that have absolute realistic sounds
    -great railwork, alot of railways next to each other and going under and above each other via bridges on numerous parts. Seeing all the rails makes you feel that this really is a "Main route", a "Hauptstrecke".
    -alot of stations, which is great if you like passenger services.
    -huge potential if you own MSB, RSN and BR 155, the track gets laoded with trains.
    -relatively high speed, most of the time you will be going between 120 and 160 km/h. Who doesn't like speeding?
    -in scenario planner there is at this point already an ICE-route implemented. You can connect 3 stations, Duisburg, Essen and Bochum, making it not only a realistic route (ICE 2M does run there irl) but this way makes it also the only real ICE route right now with a (possible/optional) stop in between. While you won't see ai-ICE services right now, you can easily create a scenario with traffic passing you on that way.
    -absolute huge amount of timetable services if otehr dlc are owned.
    -one half of the route is split up into 2 seperate routes that come together before Bochum HBF so even if you go through the route often, it is not as repetetive as some other routes.

negative:
    -if you have RRO, you only get 1 new train.
    -there is not much outstanding scenery, while still greatly decorated, there are no huge/impressive landmarks.
    -if you know Essen HBF you will see that they have left out a huge amount of the skyline, Essen is an enormous city but in this route it seems like another mediocre town.
    -Essen HBF lacks alot of decoration on the platforms and feels a bit bland.
    -no freigth services if you don't have MSB

hopefully this helps, I think I shall copy this and put on this as a review on steam now that I made the effort :D

• Like Like x 1
  29. delucadomenico2009

I know. However the number don't say the truth. For exemple at the moment the SKA says 110 services on time table. If you select the br185 you can only do the car transport in both direction (total of 8 service). During my run on the route i have see also petroil freight and long mixed freight. I have searched and for exemple you can drive the long freight train and it is not on the time table, and you can start it at aachen hbf too. I don't know if this is a bug. Same things with the LIRR it say 181 service (without m3) and if i select i can choose just 28....

30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You have to switch liveries for 185. DB (8) and RAILION (the rest) differ in that matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2020
  31. delucadomenico2009

Thanks.... too complicated to put all service on just the Br185...

32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let's treat it as a curiosity!

I wouldn't have made it up myself if I hadn't watched one of the videos on this channel. Pure accident. I wonder how many people live unaware :D

33. delucadomenico2009

Same on LIRR the livrery just change the formation of the M7 (8/6/4 cars)

• Like Like x 1