PlayStation Freight On Koln Aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

So far i have done 2 runs on this using the timetable. 1 east to west hauling car transporters the other one i did was west to east hauling oil tankers. my question is do all freight runs start on and finish on the main line as these two runs did. do any start in Koln sidings or Aachen sidings as both of these sidings are huge. do any freight services start in Koln sidings and finish in Aachen sidings and vice versa.

i would be very disappointed if all timetable freight services start and finish on the mainline and not in any sidings.
    i have not tried scenario planner on this route yet so i dont know if i can start scenarios in the sidings oe finish them in the sidings

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think neither of these yards are freight yards in real life. I think both are mainly used for passenger trains. I could be mistaken though so anyone with regional knowledge feel free to correct me.
    But if I‘m right then starting and ending on the mainline is the most realistic thing you can do without major freight yards at the end points.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im hoping that theyre being kept free for the Rhein Rhur Osten stock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Some freight trains are occupying Duren siding (yard?), but just for decoration, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

The problem is that the freight yard of koln is located in the north part of the route (up of the koln depot in the game) and it is in the game..... for this reason the freight ends before koln because they go to the left side if they need to stop at koln. For aachen the problem is different, normally the freight pass though aachen station but they rarely stop because expetially long freight train, they are too long for the station bank (if you come from koln) and they can stop just for a bit. In the opposite direction it is different because the train can come through the little aachen yard that help a bit. Also there are others freight yards or swithching yard on the route that can be used too. Also hope in future they add some shutting operation maybe with the diesel locos for freight

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The area north of Koln Station is a Depot and the same applies to the area west of Aachen. I have yet to drive any freight along the route but have seen a fair bit over the past few days whilst driving the ICE trains.

Hentis

7. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Yep, there is no way to drive them. I was courius today and had a look if there is a service when taking controll, but they are just decoration - unfortunately. Same applies for the ICE at the other site of Düren.

• Helpful Helpful x 1