Waterloo & City Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hi .
    As we all know, they are going to put the island of wight line in tsw 2 and since it only has 5 miles ... I was wondering if since they were going to do more short routes, they could do the waterloo & city line of the london underground line which measures 2.37 km.
    As for the price, they would not be more than € 10 since they are only 2 km. what do you think . Would you like the waterloo & city line? Waterloo_&_City_1992_Tube_Stock.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why people would want this. It's bouncing between 2 stations. I wouldn't pay 1p for this. The only way I can see this coming is if its part of a larger package for example another London Underground line and would cost slightly more than a stand alone route. But even so I think lines like this are unlikely to make it into TSW2 due to their operation, ATO (automatic train operation). Yes they could remove it, or make it optional, but then that could be a dilemma because the train will not be working as it would usually do in reality (could be an issue licensing wise?) and DTG would need to consider the player experience. I guess 3rd party devs could step in if they really wanted to but imo I can't see much justification for having this route. But on the other hand they could pop in one of the older trains without ATO?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

They could do it during two time periods. A version set during BR/NSE era and a later LUL version. This would expand the DLC a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  4. elarthur

Screenshot_2020-10-03-21-06-23-1.png
    Class 487 NSE
    Screenshot_2020-10-03-21-05-56-1.png
    Class 482 NSE

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Couldn’t Waterloo and City be an add on to Bakerloo if it was to be added? Because they both share Waterloo.

• Like Like x 4
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As someone who would like more quirky routes even if they are a bit on the short side even I would not want this route under any circumstances. Isle of Wight route is over 8 miles long and although I wouldn’t discount shorter routes from being worth it they would have to be fairly interesting. This is too short and far too uninteresting to be considered. In a recent poll on what LU routes people wanted this came out quite high on the list, although I guess most of those votes were joke votes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. elarthur

Perhaps if added to another route in both BR and LUL forms (ie two route sets plus whichever route added to). Agreed it is supremely short with little of massive interest but if included in both forms with another DLC route, it could be worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Renfe cercanias

[QUOTE = "thundergaming11, publicación: 185381, miembro: 17463"] No estoy seguro de por qué la gente querría esto. Está rebotando entre 2 estaciones. No pagaría 1 penique por esto. La única forma en que puedo ver esto es si es parte de un paquete más grande, por ejemplo, otra línea del metro de Londres y costaría un poco más que una ruta independiente. Pero aun así, creo que es poco probable que líneas como esta lleguen a TSW2 debido a su funcionamiento, ATO (funcionamiento automático del tren). Sí, podrían eliminarlo o convertirlo en opcional, pero eso podría ser un dilema porque el tren no funcionará como lo haría normalmente en la realidad (¿podría ser un problema en cuanto a licencias?) Y DTG tendría que considerar la experiencia del jugador. . Supongo que los desarrolladores de terceros podrían intervenir si realmente quisieran, pero en mi opinión, no veo mucha justificación para tener esta ruta.

The route dont have ATO

9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see this route come into a bigger London Underground package because this as a stand alone route would not make players happy especially if it costs money. In a poll this was the second most voted route so who knows

10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The Isle Of Wight is actually 8 Miles and the Waterloo and City line is about 1 1/2 miles.

11. ZeenozPlays

I mean, they could add some inte- yeah. This route would be boring. It should be included with another route though, maybe the Northern?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Renfe cercanias

They dont make routes with ATO . waterloo & city dont have ATO

13. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Surely the best chance of it being made is if they ever modelled the Central Line as both lines use the 1992 stock (albeit with some differences) and share Bank station.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Renfe cercanias

They dont make routes with ATO . the central line have ATO

15. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Unless I missed something, they never said they'll never make an ATO route, just that it's unlikely as it wouldn't give a true representation of what happens in real life.

Isn't the Central Line driven manually on Sundays, to keep driver competence, or am I misremembering?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Renfe cercanias

I dont know , I dont live in Britain ...I am spanish

17. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I mean, you can drive the ICE without PZB/LZB turned on so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for an ATO-controlled underground line.

But personally I'm not in favour of any other deep level London underground lines (especially not the W&C!!), I think they're all likely to be quite same-y as with the Bakerloo. Now, a sub-surface LU line on the other hand, one of those I would be very happy to see.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ZeenozPlays

They never said that. They said it would be uninteresting for casuals to not be doing anything.

19. Renfe cercanias

Well then if they can make routes with ATO, they can make the Jubilee line or the central line

20. ZeenozPlays

If any Underground route is to come next, it would either be the Circle or Metropolitan lines. Those two are the most requested and the Metropolitan Line was already created in TS.

• Like Like x 2
  21. tallboy7648

They could just port the Metropolitan Line into tsw2 like there doing with alot of routes

22. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

The Metropolitan Line (by Just Trains not DTG) is a TSxxxx product. The lines that are being ported toTSW2 are from TSW. TSxxxx is a much older product and engine.

23. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

It would be interesting if they used the red WWII tube stock on the line, it was like a bone shaker to ride!

24. ZeenozPlays

Not a port. It needs to be fully rebuilt from the ground up.

25. ZeenozPlays

The 38’ Stock?

26. tallboy7648

True, maybe just trains could work alongside dovetail with that

27. ZeenozPlays

On Twitter, I told them I wanted to see the Met in TSW, they said they do too. If they want to remake it in TSW, they are going to need to learn the Unreal Engine live Rivet. It’ll take a while.

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

I have my fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  29. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

That’s an awful idea, it’s probably the most boring route you could possibly have.

We already have an underground route- we should be pushing for variety.
    I personally find the underground to be tedious but I know lots of people like it.

If you desperately want London a suburban line or overground route would be far better.

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

This is a suggestion for a london underground route. Make a suggestion for a London Overground route then. London Underground is far more popular than the London Overground

• Like Like x 1
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Wombles like both I’ve heard.

32. Medellinexpat

‘This is a suggestion for a london underground route’

In TSW2, ignoring the moved TSW routes there is one UK route - which is a London Underground route. No doubt many have found that route, the Bakerloo line good, but there have been more than a few comments that many others find that it gets boring very quickly. For my own part once you know how to operate the trains, which isn’t that complex, it’s basically whizzing around in the dark trying to keep to the schedule and getting your braking points right at platforms. For the majority of the route you don’t even get the impact of weather or seasons. Most Underground (that is sub surface) routes, although they might have different stock, aren’t going to be that much different are they?

Don’t you think that it would make sense to have many releases of other things before there’s another London Underground route?

• Like Like x 1
  33. ZeenozPlays

Not if the community's most requested routes are Subway routes (mainly NYC & London). Maybe not a fully underground route, but a lot of us have been requesting the Circle & Metropolitan Lines. TSW needs more subway routes, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it can't be included, JUST DONT GET THE ROUTE.

• Like Like x 1
  34. tallboy7648

If you aren't intrested in underground routes, don't buy the route

• Like Like x 1
  35. Medellinexpat

JUST DONT GET THE ROUTE

That’s very understanding of you. You might notice that DTG do a sort of rotation of UK, US and DE routes so in a year there aren’t a lot of say UK routes. So if DTG does another Underground line then something else will get deferred. Something other people might want.

‘but a lot of us have been requesting the Circle & Metropolitan Lines‘

How many of you? Five, six, ten? You might notice that there aren’t (unfortunately) a huge numbers of poster on these forums. You don’t need many people (or buddies, or multiple ids) to give the idea that a route would be wildly popular.

TSW needs more subway routes

Actually I might have been interested in a Metropolitan or Circle line in the past but the Bakerloo line has shown me its start, stop, open the doors, close the doors, start etc. underground most of the stations even look the same. And this is coming from someone who has a pretty good knowledge of the London Underground and it’s history and a reasonable size library of reference books about it.

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

Opening and closing doors is bascially all passenger routes in tsw overground or underground, now if you not into that stuff then buy freight routes

• Like Like x 1
  37. Medellinexpat

‘Opening and closing doors is bascially all passenger routes in tsw overground or underground’

Not every ninety seconds or so. Had you noticed that distances between underground subway stations tend to be much shorter than other railways?

• Like Like x 2
  38. ZeenozPlays

There’s really no point in you blasting us for suggesting Subway routes just because you don’t like the constant stop and go nature of it. What do you want to do? FLY?

• Like Like x 1
  39. tallboy7648

Well if you don't like the constant stopping and going into places, play a flight simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  40. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s not a suggestion for an underground route though, it’s a thread specifically for the Waterloo and City Line.

Would you want DTG to spend a few months making a two mile line in a tunnel or to use their limited resources elsewhere?

They could use the time to make all the depot roads and siding accessible, new scenarios and paths which would greatly improve the replay-ability of routes like bakerloo.
    So if they do create more underground routes, which I know a lot of people enjoy, at least make a vaguely interesting one.

Maybe one focused around the battery powered engineering tube locomotives around the various depots? There’s so many interesting things to cover- why waste time with a tunnel with a station at each end.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Medellinexpat

‘There’s really no point in you blasting us for suggesting Subway routes‘

So disagreeing with you is ‘’blasting you’?

‘Well if you don't like the constant stopping and going into places, play a flight simulator’

Most rail simulation has reasonable distances between stops. Subways it’s constant. Yes i can play a Flight simulator and many on here do. Do you only ‘play’ subways?

Once again, and this has happened before a group get on here with their pet project (in this case to turn this in TSW into World of Subways) and then start acting aggressively. It matters not. DTG have done their London Underground route and there’s no sign if JustTrains doing anything either. It’ll be a long while before any new London Underground title comes along, if ever. Enjoy the wait.

As for the Waterloo and City idea it’s marginally better than the one in the past wanting the DLR (which is of course automated) but not by much.

• Like Like x 1
  42. ZeenozPlays

Good job, you’ve shut down the possibility of having more subway routes in TSW... you happy?
    /s

There’s really no reason for you to act like this just cuz we ask for routes that you SPECIFICALLY YOU will prefer not to have in the game.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  43. Medellinexpat

‘Good job, you’ve shut down the possibility of having more subway routes in TSW... you happy?‘

Yes, that’s right because I’ve given my opinion that Underground routes are boring I’ve personally stopped them being built. And I’m doing a little dance here ‘Cuz’ I’m so happy.

• Like Like x 1
  44. devonte333

devonte333 New Member

They Should Add This in the game because It Will Be The easiest one and I want to see the class 482 in network southeast livery And 1992 Stock London Underground livery.

45. tallboy7648

Easy yes. But would it be enjoyable long term? Frankly that's debatable to be honest

• Like Like x 1