PC Msb - Possible Pzb Issue (lohr-gemunden)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by heyitspopcorn, Oct 4, 2020.

1. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

In the Lohr-Gemunden passenger services, there's a PZB magnet just before the bridge coming into Gemunden. My previous signal/magnet (which I acknowledged) was a green-yellow repeater, indicating that the next signal will require me to slow down. There is no signal on this particular magnet at the bridge, and I held the PZB acknowledge whilst travelling over it. The following signal was indeed green-yellow main (slow), with a double-yellow repeater (be prepared to stop), and a signal limit of 30km/h. Nevertheless, the magnet at the bridge registers as 500Hz and immediately sets the train into emergency.

Based on my understanding of PZB, this should not be a 500Hz magnet as the following signal was not at Danger at the time, and there's no reason for it to immediately apply the emergency brake.

Image attached is of the offending magnet.

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

source

Looks a little similar. Maybe You will find your answers :) I will check that one out of curiosity!

3. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

It does sound quite similar. All I can hope is that the more people report it and post about it, the more likely DTG are to look into it.

4. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Same happened to me. But in the other direction to aschaffenburg bay. You have done all in the perfect way. It is a bug because the 500 magnet doesn't need to work in that point but after the main signal (yellow-green) and distant (yellow-yellow). Just as a general rule the 500hz magnet only works when the main is a stop (red) so just 250m before the main. I talked about it in another thread.

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Definitely, this is the case, in a sense.
    Definitely, that's also a bug :D
    Besides, the service is great!

UPDATE

I already know what this is about. I can not spoil the fun of detective, I will only give you a hint - a map. But it probably doesn't work as it should.

PS I suspected this in the case of the Aschaffenburg anomaly :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2020
  6. delucadomenico2009

I have read the comment of the other guy but i need to do a clarification. The speed on the line that end in a buffer is 40. 30 is just the safe speed to be sure that in case of an emergecy stop the brake can stop the train before the end of the track. Here the problem is different. The 3 number in that point is correct, it does need another one (yellow-3) at the distant signal because the distant signal says to slow down until 40kmh because there is no number under it. As you approach the main it says to asume 30 from that point and you just need to slow down 10kmh. But if you run at 40 you are always on the track speed limit. However the problem here is the 500hz magnet because it doesn't need to be activated at the point and it immediatly apply the emergency brake. This is the bug. Another thing, if there is a huge change of speed (from 160 to 30) is impossible to do it in safe within 1 km. It require another decelleration signal before it (for exemple at 100) or the yellow signal but there are no one of them. Also i have checked the point in real life and there isn't the display for the number under it. It is just a Bug.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hehe. 30/40 doesn't matter. This is because of track change. Look at the map and track colors. And other trains.
    Exactly! :) More about broken game mechanics maybe. For sure not OK.

• Like Like x 1
  8. delucadomenico2009

40 is for the swithch. 30 the speed that you need to asume after that signal

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe, but the problem is different here.

10. delucadomenico2009

It is the same. Because the problem it is the 500hz magnet, and seems the problem happen when you need to switch in a dead track.

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes.
    The game does not fully understand it but takes it into account, you will go "straight", to a busy "section", hence waiting for braking to speed below 45/25 (500Hz within 153 m / or restricted monitoring, possibly - I do not remember if this is the case there).

PS Colors on the map - the game recognizes all the blue ones (sections) as those in which we will find ourselves in a moment, which is probably not possible.

UPDATE

At the same time, we have double orange "left" and virtual red "straight" (hence the behavior of 500). There are trains on these potential tracks. This is how I perceive it.

I don't know if I can explain it, my point of view - google translate, Grammarly - is not easy. Forgive the confusion :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1