PlayStation Do You Even Test Stuff?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by voy_tech, Oct 2, 2020.

1. voy_tech

voy_tech Member

So, I was really excited about the game, about the Underground, CSX, ICE, possibility of (almost) all addons from TSW 2020... But the state of some of them is laughable.

Say Main Spessart Bahn, for example, one of the newest additions. In the tutorial (!!!) when you just drive as a passenger - you are asked to select external camera and the front one. And guess what? Boom, you're thrown to the back of the train.
    It is a little thing, but it immediately stopped my excitement and will to continue the journey in this addon. Because I assume this bug will carry onto another scenarios and stuff, meaning the gradient HUD will be broken as well.

I don't get it. You are focusing on re-releasing preserved collection ASAP, yet you leave it with bugs, clearly untested.

I really wish this game would eventually become a joy to play. But so far there's to much disappointment - and from browsing the forum I feel like I am not the only one.

I want to support the game by purchasing future addons - but I am more and more reluctant because of what I wrote.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d say, yes, it is tested. Not enough though. They just rush things out, forget about the bugs, and make another half-baked route.

3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Don't worry, if you found that the camera bug was irritating, MSB comes with a number of other exciting bugs to infuriate you / prove that this product has clearly never seen a QA process

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The number of bugs being released into the wild is really unforgivable.

Yes, I accept obscure bugs might slip through, for example, if you press X three times while looking out the windscreen, then stand up, sit down and stand up again the game crashes. These types of things are unlikely to be caught in testing as the chances of someone doing this is tiny.

However, bugs/errors like trains clipping platforms, miscounted job activities, sound issues, HUD/Interlocking issues, Camera position issues, trains not knowing if they are coming or going, red signals not clearing and tutorials not working (MSB) to name just some things are really unacceptable.

These things are immediately obvious to anyone playing the game so for them to get to release is simply shoddy workmanship, no doubt caused by rushing things for release.

DTG really do need to take a good hard look at this and ask themselves, is the content we are releasing high quality or just good enough. Being a small developer/small team really is not a valid excuse.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Hopefully they do. I would prefer a less frequent release cycle of routes and Locos if more time and effort were put into them. Quality over Quantity.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

If I was running a small company, I’d want the reputation of selling good quality products that work as you expect them to most of the time. That ensures repeat business.

Look at the negativity on this forum because of a lack of attention to detail and/or issues, anyone considering starting out with TSW has only got to spend ten mins here and they’ll be dissuaded.

I’m still waiting on cement circle on TSW2020, which was reported numerous times before TSW2 was even out! Only then will I consider putting any more of my hard earned money into DTG! That’s coming from someone that bought every single thing they put out for TSW2020, I’d consider myself the kind of customer they wouldn’t want to lose.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3