PlayStation Immersion Controls With Preserved Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by welshredskin, Oct 5, 2020.

1. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Don't think I've seen a topic on this, apologies if there has been one.

I continued with my TVL journey earlier today. When I first started on the route I got the screen saying the controls would revert to classic as it's a Preserved Route.
    Today though upon starting the next scenario suddenly I'm using Immersion Controls.
    Thinking about it, the same thing happened when I started RSN too, about 3 or 4 scenario in suddenly I'm using Immersion.

I'm not complaining as I'm one of those who prefers the Immersion controls, I just don't understand how initially I get the warning that they're unavailable and then without doing anything to select them it's suddenly defaulted to them.

2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

For preserved route journeys, you will use classic controls for training and scenarios but immersive controls for services.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Ah right, now you mention it I seem to remember having read that somewhere a while back.
    What's the reason for it? Are there things in certain Preserved scenarios that wouldn't work with Immersion controls? Or is it just a case of DTG not wanting to bother?

4. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Well....

I think it's coz the scenarios and training give you button prompts and these would need to be re-written

• Like Like x 1
  5. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Makes sense I suppose, in an ever so slightly can't be bothered way. I guess they have more pressing things to deal with.

6. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

On the Xbox you can circumvent this, I guess you can on the PS as well.

BEFORE you choose journey or scenario on the main menu. Go into the settings and change the controls to “Classic” (don’t forget to select apply)

Then choose the mission/scenario/continue journey.

This time you don’t get the prompt about ‘classic control’, of course not you are already in classic control.

Once the mission loads in, you can now go into the menu and select Immersion control (it’s not greyed out, don’t forget ‘apply’). Hey presto all works fine.

Ive used this trick on south coast, and Peninsula maps, works everytime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is good to know. I was wondering how that worked so will give that a try.

8. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Next time I'm on I'll try that too, thanks for the tip