Class 166 Tsw Import

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dom Whibley, Sep 17, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

The class 166 for Train Simulator was introduced all the way back in 2009 in the original version of Railworks along with the Great Western Mainline. Unfortunately, despite being a mini icon on the modern day Great Western network, it hasn't received an upgrade or replacement since that original release. Not even an enhancement pack.

Despite this, the loco has appeared in Train Sim World. As we have seen with the HST, locos can be imported across, so what better loco to do than the 166. (I would say the 33, but I'm hoping AP might do one at some point if we're lucky)

This would make a great addition as the old Kuju 166 has not aged well so a replacement is really in need and with a model already existing out there in TSW which we know can be transferred over, what better thing is there to do?

Hope you take this suggestion into consideration.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I'd prefer that AP made their own or at least heavily enhanced the existing one, but honestly even DTG importing the TSW model would be a huge upgrade. This thing is ANCIENT!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dom Whibley

Dom Whibley Active Member

Apparently (don't quote me on this) AP have said they're not interested in making a 166 enhancement unfortunately and I doubt they have the time in their schedule for a new one as who knows what they have up their sleeve. Either way, if there's a better model already out there that can be imported, I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would have thought it would be very popular, I have been suggesting it for the last few years, I thought AP would have jumped at the idea tbh. There are many of them about and quite spread out now around GWR and there are several routes suitable for them. Seems a no brainer to me tbh as the 166 is crying out for an update.

• Like Like x 3
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the locos were imported in to TSW from TS20xx or created new.
    There is so much more on the TSW versions that don't exist on the TS version.

Maybe a Sound pack for the 166 would be a better thought

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

This is a good idea, the old kuju model is far past its sell by date and about time we got an improved Networker Turbo. Just hope we can get a proper model for the Class 165 too, as that's one of the main multiple units operating on the Chiltern Main Line and we've yet to see anything other than an a reskinned class 166 to fill its place.

The OP is referring to the Class 166 from TSW being imported into TS20XX like the recent LNER HST DLC (which was the HST from TSW imported into TS Classic). Even still TSW is missing out on a lot of stock, so maybe TSW should get more preference (although it mystifies me as to why DTG built a new Class 142 for TS2020 when it could have been right at home on TSW Tees Valley Line- Maybe it can get ported over to TSW if that's even possible?).

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Apparently even AP has dismissed the idea of working on the or a 165/166. I do find it surprising as there are many routes for them, especially after most of the GWR ones have been pushed out of the Reading area.

A 142 would be good the the TVL a 143 would be much more historically accurate for the TVL set as it is in 1989 as Heaton only have a handful of 142's then but the entire 143 fleet. However the 142 would be more realistic than seeing 3 car class 101's with such regularity.