PlayStation Rivet’s First Tsw Route-set A New Standard?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Oct 5, 2020.

?
  1. Yes!

2. No!

3. I hope so!

4. I just want Isle of Wight to announce a release date!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

ED78E23E-8411-4820-A74B-567361253D94.jpeg 23BAB308-DF42-41A4-AAAC-39ED991BF201.jpeg A8C6357E-8BA3-4555-9B36-7B1B151D1DAD.jpeg Hi everyone!

With the much anticipated Isle of Wight route close to release, although Rivet Games is a familiar name with Train Simulator fans, this will be the first time they release a route for the TSW franchise with the only other TSW release being the DB204. Rivet Games make well received routes for Train Simulator, and have quite a bit of content between routes and locomotives that all seems to be highly liked.
    With their first TSW release the DB204 they made a very detailed and unique locomotive. They also had created some fun scenarios and services that made use of the MSB yard. What was great about this release is that Rivet Games listened to player feedback and also created an update that fixed the issues that we came across but they also even took out one shorter scenario and instead added a two hour long main line scenario like the community was asking for free. Rivet Games making Isle of Wight their first foray into TSW routes is the perfect choice to make a very detailed and well crafted route and to add an experience we have never had in TSW. This route features a station located on a pier and those features are going to make this route shine. They have expressed they wanted to take time to go over the finishing touches and judging from the screen shots they have teased we are in for a fun experience. My question is do you think Rivet Games has the potential to set a new standard when it comes to the quality and polish we expect from a route? Do you think this being the first 3rd party route, DTG and the 3rd party developers will be able to share experience and tips with each other that will make TSW2 a better game in general? Thanks for your time and I hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I like the look of the water. Really nice looking screenshots. Apart from that, if its Simply stop /go like Bakerloo, not sure if its my cup of tea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

I agree that the water and everything from the screenshots have looked great so far. As someone who enjoys freight services, I will definitely be trying some freight runs in the class 31 and class 20 on this route. I’m interested what Rivet will do for the scenarios and services for this route and I think no matter what type of services your a fan of this will be an important release that could effect future releases for the better!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I guess we will see when it releases, the more I think about what I hope it too be the less satisfied I will be.
    Keep expectations low and you might get positively surprised instead of "just pleased" or "disappointed".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

It might be better to ask after it has been released rather than before. I like the look of the screen shots but couldn't answer yes or no to any of your questions until I have seen it in action. So will click a hope so vote.

6. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

They can take good screenshots for sure.

7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The water, seagulls and skies won't look like that in-game, they've been enhanced.

• Like Like x 3
  8. matthewbguilford

It’s looking like we will have birds! 0524C930-E52F-44B4-A7A5-90D87AD96767.png

9. mclitke

not to be pessimistic, but I wait until I see them because I just don't believe there will be :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

There were birds in East Coastway around Newhaven harbour so they wouldn't be new.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mclitke

Well you learn something every day I guess!