PlayStation Us Customers Are All Tsw Game Testers!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

DTG should pay us for testing their games as it’s the paying customer that finds bugs within minutes of playing that their own supposed game testers can’t, strange that is it not?

We are a way of keeping overheads down because no other company would put up with such shoddy releases that are so obviously not properly tested or appear to have gone through any real quality control

DTG needs a new head honcho who is not just focused in turning out DLC at the first opportunity but values the customer receiving the quality they pay for, someone that understands the importance of their paying customers and treats them with the respect they deserve

• Like Like x 8
  2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

“us” not US of A if there is any confusion?
    These forums prove there are more disappointed customers than satisfied, well they are more vocal, at the end of the day we are the play testers, we report, DTG might put it on a list and might or might not get around to fixing it, whoever officially play tests or does the quality controls are clueless

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Sorry for misreading will try to remove

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have offered to be a tester for PlayStation version as a volunteer a couple of times but been knocked back. I am not sure if testing is even done on consoles. I have always suspected that it’s built for pc and just ported over hence there have been so many trophy problems in the past. In trying to get trophies to unlock I have spent countless additional hours anyway in TSW and always fed back

• Like Like x 3
  5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Don’t worry

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the company should do a stream and talk, in detail about its testing process. If anything, it can help us to understand why so many issues reach the end user.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Some bugs are so obvious within minutes of playing that there simply can’t be any serious testing, if the game launches (boots up) ok then it’s released, we then do the job of game testing and report the problems, they fix critical problems and everything else is put on the back burner, most actually stay there!

• Like Like x 4
  8. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Its a bit daft to say they don't have anyone that does Q/A tests. On numerous occasions they've talked about it on stream, their testers usually bring up a lot of different issues. Sometimes they even have real world operators and engineers check out the DLC before they're put out.

The problem however is that it seems they never have enough time to iron things out before release. And its something unfortunately that seems to be the case throughout many different instances. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has not been a single DLC that has been delayed...the only exception being the release of TSW2 being set back a few weeks.
    I don't think they're rushing things or putting out way too many DLCs— one comes out every few months which is perfectly okay.
    I feel as though the best solution to this problem is simply to either hire more developers, or get many more third-party devs on board. This way they can pump out more content while the main team at DTG can focus on the core features of the sim itself.
    So far only Rivet Games and Skyhook are developing DLCs for TSW2, but I feel like there's definetly potential for more.

9. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

To misquote Steve Jobs: you're doing it wrong.

Step 1: Enjoy TWS2020
    Step 2: Read forum on TWS2. Lot's of issues: go to step 1. Everybody happy: go to step 3
    Step 3: Buy TWS2

Works for me.

And it works for DT as well, because sales will only increase once most of the bugs are ironed out. So there is an incentive to fix. I looked at TWS when it was just out on PS4, didn't like the comments on the internet, and only bought TWS2020 a few weeks back. I may consider TWS2 in a few years time.

10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, No TSW stream untill Friday. There's a stream on Wednesday, but that TS (workshop wednesdays)... is DTG maybe a bit worried about facing disgruntled customers following the RT thing and the crashing upon getting a trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Or their main streaming chap is on holiday. That’s more likely.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It's a one way video stream. What are disgruntled users gonna do? Sit for two hours spamming the live chat? I dunno if you have watched the live chat before but that's what people do anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I dont know how the teams are set up but its a bit weird when staff appear to know less about their product than the consumers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I was surprised that the Bakerloo driver that they apparently got to say that it was good said that! I don't think 1972 stock trains clip the platform at almost every underground station irl!

• Like Like x 2
  15. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi Samo, let me just say this thread and past threads you have made seem to really show that you are upset with DTG and TSW2, whether it’s the stutters you are having on your PS4 or claiming that we are bug testers. The fact is every game developer relies on their customers to report bugs! No amount of testing pre-launch can add up to the amount of people that play your game. This is why we have seen early access become popular because community feedback on bugs and the game in general is a huge resource for the game industry. I would argue what really matters is what developers do with this feedback. In Dovetails case, with TSW2 they released a solid game that they have been updating with bug fixes and improvements. We have the roadmap that gets updated every two weeks. We have seen bugs that have been reported added to the roadmap and some have already been fixed in game. I do agree that we are some what game testers, but not anymore then with any other game, and people report bugs not because they feel like it’s a job but because they want the game to improve. No one is obligated to reporting bugs but it does help the game and the community. Even on AAA games like Star Wars Jedi fallen order there that no doubt has millions of dollars and hundreds if not thousands of game testers still have a long list of bug fixes and game improvements that no doubt came from the community feedback. I’m sorry you feel this is such a negative thing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I doubt they actually got a Bakerloo driver to test it. If they did, then they definitely didn’t listen to them because it’s easy to notice the problems with the Platform Clipping, Sounds, missing Tunnel lights (in some places), dim headlights, signals, and speed limits/speed limit signs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Granted I’m not a Bakerloo driver but the two things that would bug me the most about that route if I was, would be the incorrect platform stopping markers and the fact that speed limit increases take place when the whole train is past the sign. Those are such basic fundamental things to get right.

• Like Like x 3