Main Spessart Bahn Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Oct 6, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This is not TSW2 related, it's just the construction of the timetable, so it's about the route in general.

For passenger services I noticed they are divided in "All Stops" and "Limited Stops", but why only the "All stops" actually run from Aschaffenburg to Gemunden?

The all stops services are fine and pretty accurate to the real life timetable, the problem is the "Limited Stops" run, why do they not start from Aschaffenburg?

Screenshot_20201006-142007_DB Navigator.jpg
    I think this is the prototype DTG used to create the "Limited Stops" run but why start from Heigenbrucken?

In my humble opinion it really devalues those services as they are just too quick and too easy to complete and they always felt incomplete. Is there any particular reason for the decision?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Was this timetable in effect at the time MSB is set in TSW? I‘m sure you‘re aware that the MSB we‘re driving on no longer exists in this way and that may have resulted in changes to the timetable.
    Not trying to imply you don‘t do your research properly (as a matter of fact I didn‘t do any); merely asking if you checked timetables for ca. 2016.

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Played too much wargaming games lately?

• Like Like x 2
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I think the timetable on MSB is fictional. A couple of limited stop services would be very nice though.

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested and not afraid of a little german exercise, I found an old timetable of 2016 here. (careful, 50 MB PDF!)
    The route can be found on pages 133 - 143.

As can be seen, yes, the timetable used in MSB doesn't fit exactly, but gives quite a good example of which was used in real life. The express services should be expanded to the whole route sometime of course.

But I fear as cool as such a complete rebuilt of MSB's timetable would be there are more severe issues waiting to be worked on...

Maybe some ideas for the scenario planner then? :)

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It just had to happen at some point ahahah

7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be too much work that although would be nice I think it would not be worth it, I was just curious as to why did they decide to build it that way? They are simply cutting content and making the game more unrealistic at the same time... what's the point?

8. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just too difficult to gather the required information. I was very surprised that I found this PDF as well and I highly suspect if MSB wasn't located in Bavaria this would not have been possible. I'm not sure if this could have been found from Britain so easily.

What's also an aspect is that Dostos weren't actually in use in real life, instead the RE services were equipped with Modus - Coaches, which were only used on Würzburg - Frankfurt and nowhere else in Germany for quite a long time (Picture here) and the BR 425.
    Today, amongst others Dosto EMUs are used, so 146 + DoStos are not entirely wrong :)

... but with the 425 ready and with a bit of fantasy I think I'll have a go this evening with the scenario planner. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I underatand that, but given the fact that they seem to directly have DB's help and documentation seems rather odd that they didn't even have the timetable.

I can excuse the not accurate rolling stock, until we don't get a huge train pool such as MSTS or RW it's acceptable to have some inaccuracies, if the train performances are similar enough to follow the original timetable...

Also as MSB was one of the first routes it made sense to start with the 146 and the DoStos because they are used pretty much everywhere.

Although the fact that the 422 and the 425 can't be used outside HRR and RRO boggles my mind as they seed to be very popular on other routes we have

• Like Like x 1
  10. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

MSB must indeed be one of the very few german mainlines without regular 146 + DoSto services, so I have no problem with them as well :D

I would think the 425 especially hasn't been added because of the later release of HRR. Was there any route-DLC which put its locos in use on older routes? I can't remember... this doesn't explain why the 425 isn't used on SKA but I'm not too familiar with its real life timetable.
    In the upcoming Munich- Augsburg they should definetely be added. I hope there are no technical reasons preventing this.

• Like Like x 1