Ts21: Introducing Searchlight Simulations & The Ac4400cw!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 5, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Coming soon to the Steam and Dovetail Games stores is the Canadian Pacific AC4400CW in striking CPR Beaver livery. This locomotive is, we’d argue, one of the most complex and in-depth to ever hit the simulator and we thought we’d let the developer, Searchlight Simulations, present their masterpiece to you themselves:

READ MORE

• Like Like x 8
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it's release

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that more liverys are planned for the future. I know the BNSF one is already in the works, hoping to see a UP and SP one as well. A CNW version would be nice too...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  4. Uncle Chuckles

Uncle Chuckles Member

Searchlight has a roadmap on their site showing planned AC44 roads they'll be covering within the next few years as well as some other things in planning.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Looking good! I'm so hyped!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Hmm, that SD40t-2 will be interesting, but glad to see a good amount of Schemes for both the AC44 and the SD40-2 in the future. Not to mention a new Dash 9 too.
    a.png

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

I've always watched their website with interest over the years, and it certainly helps when you have guys like Anthony who works on the RR in constructing things and getting proper audio sounds, long may they continue in producing creations for our game, and with a wider audience releasing stuff on Steam it can only garner further interest amongst trainsimmers worldwide, well done chaps.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

My initial reactions to this announcement:

Very impressive!
    Most detailed manual ever -- but who has the time or energy to learn all of this and keep it in mind? Dedicated TS drivers do operate a great range of engines, not just this one.
    What is definitely missing in this "base package" is an introductory tutorial activity that would explain this unit's numerous functions without the "pressure" of driving a scenario.

9. prrsteamfan

prrsteamfan Member

Can't agree more, everything they release is absolutely first class. I'd say they're the North American AP when it comes to quality.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this!

Nice to know someone out there actually cares about realism.

11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly the scenarios in the original release are not timed, so you shouldn't need to rush though the manual at least.

12. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I've always seen them the same way!

• Like Like x 3
  13. mike370

mike370 Active Member

I concur with that take - having purchased most of their addons over the years. All top notch! Mind, I do also really like RRMod's models - somehow they often seem to get overlooked, even by the U.S. crowd for which their content is primarily geared. Thought it was a bit of a shame when VRCreations stopped producing content; they also offered some very fine North American content for the game.

Right now I'm keeping a close eye on TruRail Simulations (working with Searchlight Simulations), they're currently developing some really nice looking U.S. enhancements. As a whole, 3rd party TS content just keeps on getting better - it's a fab time to be playing the game! :)

14. Blacknred81

Screenshot_20201007-161110_Facebook.jpg

15. mike370

mike370 Active Member

I hadn't heard that before - thats sad if true! :( I can't comment on this matter, as I have no experience of their loco pack. I have though enjoyed various wagons they've produced.

16. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Haven't dabbled with their stuff, as it mostly freight oriented. But even I would have a hard time arguing that comparison. It's a blessing to have people within the field and have firsthand knowledge of the equipment they're bringing into the sim, not to mention, the amount of actual authenticity of the locos.

17. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

This is one great locomotive. Impressive. Lots of buttons and switches. Good sound and physics. Created by actual locomotive engineers.Complicated, and a good read of the manual is important.

18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I bought this in 2019. Did they change something or what is it about?

19. aeterna

aeterna New Member

Yes, they improved physics, fps and sounds so it’s an even better experience than 2019 version.

• Like Like x 1
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Will my old license be useful or is it a separate purchase?

21. aeterna

aeterna New Member

Sorry I am not sure how they rolled out the update as I’ve used up my licence quite some sometime ago but just purchased it from steam for a second time.

22. anthony.wood

anthony.wood Active Member

Purchasing through our website, if the license has expired due to PC changes, all you have to do is give us an email at support (at) searchlight-simulations.com with your original order number or purchasing email address.

The steam edition is a different entity than the retail version.

As far as updates go, there has been a big V1.1 update and subsequent patches which are available on the store page for the AC4400. The steam edition is also running the current version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Here is a promotional video. After it plays there are additional videos one of which is a tutorial.