Steam Train Simulator: Metropolitan Line: Aldgate - Uxbridge & Amersham Route Crashes On Startup

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by huchanron2, Aug 16, 2020.

1. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Five people have complained in the steam product evaluation area
    It can't start at all
    :
    Crashes on startup. Tried most of the included scenarios and they don't run even with the 64-bit client. Will change the review when this issue is fixed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    This route compleatly refuse to load. it just chrashes on the loading screen and sometimes give me an out of memory message, when using 600-800 mb. I've tried using the lowest graphics settings and lowering the resolution and using both 32 and 64 bit versions whith no result. I unsubscribed from all workshop stuff, cleared the cache and even reinstalled the route and game seperatly (with 360 gb of DLC is a nightmare btw) with no results whatsoever.
    DO NOT BUY untill this route is fixed
    Refund has been requested
    ~~~~~~~~~
    absolutely horrendous you do not get a driveable train with this addon do not buy!! refund for myself iminent!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY - IT CRASHES ON LOAD UP 32BIT AND 64BIT, Says lower setting or start in 64 bit every time, tried everything. refund requested DO NOT TOUCH
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I can only say: Did your company not test the new product before launching on Steam?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. e.gubellini

e.gubellini New Member

I have the same problem and its really fraustrating. I wanna my money back or at least solve this problem !!!! I have a computer gaming and it shoudnt have these problems... Solve it ASAP please

3. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

4. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Absolutely agree with the five reviews on Steam. The game just crashes Can't even play it with quick drive..Shame as i would of enjoyed this game and i am not one who likes to post negative comments. Lost all confidence in Dovetail Support. Twice now they have been sent a polite email about the Class 43 L.N.E.R and no reply and a ticket sent on this DLC but i won't hold my breath.

So perhaps we'll get an answer on here.

5. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

This question has been asked just trains and the answer is as follows:
    Just Trains
    " please see my earlier reply. The Dovetail/Steam version is not exactly the same as the Just Trains version in many subtle ways. The only way you will be able to obtain support for the version you have brought is via Dovetail Games."
    {This is a problem with the steam release version. The version bought directly from just trains should be no problem}
    This is a very obvious error, and all purchasers cannot play this route.
    Or because the staff did not do the pre-sale test, please dovetail games to correct it as soon as possible

• Like Like x 1
  6. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

I just saw someone have complained in to the the steam product evaluation area:
    {In addition to the START LOAD crash problem}
    This route also breaks the London Marylebone - Aylesbury and ECML North: Newcastle - Edinburgh route if installed

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. darujhistan

darujhistan Member

The real problem is who is going to fix this product, as with other Just Trains products that are available from DTG/Steam. Some people think it's down to Just Trains to fix things, but Just Trains thinks it's down to DTG/Steam instead. I don't really think it's a good idea Just Trains allowing their products to be sold on DTG/Steam, they get very negative reviews, they are not doing themselves any favours.

• Like Like x 1
  8. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Just Trains allowing their products to be sold on DTG/Steamg is okay and necessary. Usually, it will be sold on steam/dtg after just trains is on sale for a period of time (about half a year). The question is why the product is on steam/dtg Did not conduct a complete test before selling? This seems to be the responsibility of dtg

• Like Like x 1
  9. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

DTG Support CM is responded to my ticket like this:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us about a problem you're experiencing with Out of Memory Errors in Train Simulator.

We are aware that there is an issue affecting our software resulting in an Out of Memory crash for some customers. We are currently investigating the issue and are not able to provide you with a solution at this time. You may find our guide of some help as it has helped some players get up and running again, however, it is not a solution and you may not be able to resolve the issue until we issue a product update. If you wish to try the steps in our guide, you can find it here: https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/267/28/experiencing-technical-issues

We suggest you monitor our official community channels where we will post news relating to the issue when we have something to share. We are not able to provide you with any details on when you can expect a solution but please be assured we are actively working to resolve the issue as fast as we can and will notify everyone in due course.

We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with better support at this time but hope you are satisfied that we are doing everything we can to resolve the issue.

This concludes our support on this issue until we are in a position to issue a product update and will now close this ticket. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any help with any other matter.
    Kind Regards,

Chris Medlock
    Customer Support Advisor
    Dovetail Games Customer Suppor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Did not solve any problems at all!!! Hope there is a real solution!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jeremy.oakes

jeremy.oakes New Member

Crash City here - and you have to buy the train and the route as a package. C'mon Dovetail get your act together and solve the problem.
    Jerry

• Like Like x 1
  11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

12. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

13. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

I wrote this (part recreated here) on the Steam Community Forum:
    The JT version also has the same 'OOM' problem.
    See this post on the UKTS forums: http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=152459&p=1874169&hilit=Metropolitan#p1874169
    By swapping/deleting consists some of the DLC in the package (quite complex) I have managed to complete 5/6 scenarios in the JT package and several QD ones too. However there are over a dozen or so that I have to get running.
    It obviously can be played, as there are several youtube videos using it.
    I wrote to JT when they first introduced this route - I was told by JT that they could not reproduce the OOM error I was the only simmer seeing this, and at that time mine was the only OOM complaint, they couldn't do anything to fix it.
    My belief that this is yet another idiosyncratic TS20XX OOM - the route will work for some and not for others - so a fix is going to be very hard to find.
    There are issues with this route this is what I saw trying a quick drive from Baker Street:
    quick drive from Baker Street.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  15. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

16. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

You're lucky they don't even reply to mine and there has been several polite support tickets that have gone in. Even in the bug section they don't seem to pick up what forum posters are writing and that goes back to the LNER Class 43 with the gap between the power car and the first carriage.

17. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

There was an update for TS2020 the day before yesterday.Can you run this route normally AFTER UPDATE?

18. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Personally I'd reply to the ticket and ask for it to be escalated. Unfortunately you seem to have been a victim of a copy paste reply, without actually reading the query.

19. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

huchanron2 . No. And like you unsure what the update was. There was a post about the Tadami Line that got an update. It was maybe that.

20. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

The problem with this route is simply that it crashes when it starts and can not play.
    Don't need me Say that , about ten people in steam product reviews have said that they have encountered the same problem

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  21. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

What a pity!! I am convinced that you like this route {representative route in London}
    But there are serious bugs that cannot be resolved

• Like Like x 1
  22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And it works for some of the people even if it does not work for all the people.
    Otherwise there would not be videos by users on the net.

Could the problems with this route be down to the individual persons computer?
    And don't bother saying "I have a fantastic computer with 27 processors, 5 graphics cards and 10gb of ram with 20tb of storage"

23. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

No. And my PC was shown at store the minimum specification to a friend who is a PC expert and we went above that. I have made no alteration to the game whatsoever. So that can be buried. Would prefer comments from DTG staff as they have been contacted by polite email and failed to reply.

24. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Didn’t you notice? Those videos on youtube about play this route are probably bought from the Just Trian store , As for almost none purchased from Steam, my opinion is that there is a problem with the version of this route purchased from Steam and it cannot be played.

25. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

[QUOTE =“ 805 BENBOW,帖子:168227,成員:5526”] 在商店中,我的PC被展示給了一位最低要求的朋友,他是一位PC專家,我們超越了這一點。我對遊戲沒有任何改動。這樣就可以掩埋了。希望DTG員工發表評論,因為他們已通過禮貌的電子郵件與他們聯繫,但未回复。[/ QUOTE]
    It is recommended that you can lodge a complaint with the DTG senior executive or consumer protection agency in the UK

• Like Like x 1
  26. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

27. Peter Hayes

Huchanron
    "Didn’t you notice? Those videos on youtube about play this route are probably bought from the Just Trian store , As for almost none purchased from Steam, my opinion is that there is a problem with the version of this route purchased from Steam and it cannot be played."

You may have missed my post above this happened to me on the day that the Metropolitan Line was released by JT. It should have been "better" on the Steam version as that does not include the S7+1 Advanced Underground Stock which can be added to the JT version (ie less DLC to go wrong).
    The code for the JT and the Steam version should be the same as they share the same unique GUID number.

28. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

The steam version and the just train version are not exactly the same. This is the problem. In the steam product review area, two people also reported:
    1:This route also breaks the London Marylebone-Aylesbury and ECML North: Newcastle-Edinburgh route if installed

2: It has also caused my Aylesbury to Marylebone to stop working.
    Please take a look at steam product reviews:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/...Line_Aldgate__Uxbridge__Amersham_Route_AddOn/

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  29. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

huchanron2 i have exactly the same issues as you regarding the routes above. Perhaps an official from DTG would like to comment as this is going around in circles. It's called the Double R club. Repair or Refund !

30. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

According to the result of my query to Just train : the version they sell is generally no problem, and the customer feedback is good, but the content of the route version sold by STEAM does not know what has changed, which causes it to fail to start and other errors

• Like Like x 1
  31. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Thank you. I hope DTG are aware and work with Just Trains to address the issue.

32. Peter Hayes

Huchanron 2
    I feel like that I am also going round in circles - I purchased this route from JT on the day that it was released and immediately saw OOM's in several scenarios - I reported it to JT, but they could NOT reproduce the problem. Another simmer on UKTS also had OOM issues, but as there were only a couple of us getting OOMs the problem was ignored.
    IMO this is a JT problem not DTG problem per se, the code must be exactly the same, as the Steam version and the JT version share the same GUID and are of the same size. Other JT routes have been sold via Steam usually without issues.

• Like Like x 1
  33. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

17 people commented in the steam product review area, and about 14 people said that it could not be started at all. This is already a very obvious product defect need to fix it
    You can’t ask consumers and buyers to use, for example, a specific cpu or graphics card for normal use.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  34. ATLUTD_741

ATLUTD_741 New Member

Have there been any updates? I stupidly purchased this route without reading the reviews and I’m getting the same crashing error on startup

35. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

There is an update today, try to see if it can start

36. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Thank you. Where is the update listed and how did the game react ?

37. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

that is the west coast mainline update possibly

38. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

[QUOTE =“ 805 BENBOW,帖子:187373,成員:5526”]謝謝。更新在哪裡列出,遊戲如何反應?[/ QUOTE]
    steam auto update,
    Please try after update
    See if it can start?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  39. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Thank you. Another forum poster has put the update was for the WCML South. I have not seen anything official about the route we are talking about.

40. LucasLCC

It's quite disappointing that a thread like this has had no official DTG response. Not even to say we are working on it...

• Like Like x 1
  41. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Did DTG change something from the Just Trains version - or is the route identical?

Some people have left negative reviews but other people have the route working
    That suggests it could be due to the players Computers which are all different

Peter

42. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Peter. I am unsure. I think that the update mentioned by another forum poster was the WCML South. I am awaiting a reply from huchanron2. There is no reason why this particular DLC should not work on my PC.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  43. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is no reason - that you know of.
    Peter Hayes in Post #14 says he has 5 out of 6 scenarios running

Without actually knowing how many peoples computers it does/does not work on there is now way to say it is broken.

44. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Well they should of released it making sure the adjustment were compatible with Steam. And that is why i have ceased buying at the moment as what i have brought, seen and released with bugs and the WCML South is a perfect example i do not want to be seen as a vexatious refunder to the relevant department at Steam. I used to buy with no hesitation from DTG but now i am weary or should i say lost confidence.

45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Agreed - If I wanted something it was usually in the first few days but I prefer to wait until it gets reviewed
    Like the Frankfurt - Koblenz route with broken signals

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  46. Peter Hayes

47. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Thank you, Peter. But in your comments you state '' you can run some scenarios but not all.'' then the game is defective. You should be able to run all. I am sure you would not buy a laptop and accept that some of the systems work and some does not. It would go back to the shop under the 'sale of good act.' I have checked Companies House and a man who was so prominent in the early days a Mr Paul Stafford Jackson is still a director and maybe he would like to issue a statement on the decline of products that are being released to loyal and new customers ?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  48. Antony Rivers

Antony Rivers New Member

Hey guys, very unprofessional leaving an article open for months without an official DTG/JT response.
    I’ve seen some people that were able to get running by unplugging the internet or launching with the Offline Mode on Steam.
    Can anyone confirm if that works? Also Does the JT version really carries a diference between the Steam one?
    Cheers,
    Antony

49. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

21 people commented in the steam product review area, and about 18 people said that it could not be started at all
    Such a product can be sold without repair, which is a shame for any company
    Please help report to the senior executives of dtg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  50. LucasLCC

Two months since this thread has been open, and not a word from any of the three community managers. Not even a "we are aware there's problems and we will work to resolve them". Nope, nada. Currently selling a product that isn't fit for purpose.

• Like Like x 2