Wcml South: Red Signals Encountered In Quick Drive

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by jrdaddykins, Sep 21, 2020.

1. jrdaddykins

jrdaddykins New Member

Driving on the Down Slow from Euston to Milton Keynes, I encountered a red signal WM331: request to pass approved. Signal just before Wembley Central was showing feathers when the route was set for straight ahead. Signal WT5147 also at red, request to pass denied. I did a SPAD and ended up on the UP FAST facing an oncoming train! Had to quit game at that moment!

• Like Like x 1
  2. esgtee

esgtee Member

Yep I got the same results with the quick drive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. luke191251

luke191251 New Member

i got the same issue doing Euston to Watford Junction, was routed onto the oncoming traffic, didn't really matter until i made it to Watford Junction when another 390 was pulling into the platform. i Should've stopped at platform 6, but the lines routed me into platform 7

• Like Like x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You mean the Signals routed you in to P7?

5. mike370

mike370 Active Member

I've also hit upon the stuck red signals. A quick drive set from Euston to Birmingham, & hit the poblem not too far out of Euston. Waited 15 minutes and gave up. Map showed one AI train in opposite direction (a mile or two ahead) also stuck. No other traffic in sight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. luke191251

luke191251 New Member

yes, signals routed me -- came out of Euston on the Line X under the main lines, and from then when i came up the hill the other side and rejoined the lines i could tell i was on the wrong track.

7. esgtee

esgtee Member

Yeah, when routed out of Euston on X, it dives under and then as it rises it rejoins with Line E. But in TS the signal routes you onto Line D and then back onto Line E, which becomes the Down Fast. Technically this is possible in real life as Line D there is bidirectional. However it would be highly unlikely as the Up Fast becomes Line D into Euston. In real life, the train would stay on line X, join line E, and stay on Line E until it becomes the Down Fast.

I think some of the signalling issues have been rectified in today's update. But of course, if this was real life and there was a signalling problem/error, you should stop, contact the signaller and challenge it right?

8. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi everyone, have passed this on to the team, thank you for letting us know.

9. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Hi DTG Jamie, is there any update on a potential fix for this Quick Drive bug? Unfortunately it pretty much makes doing a QD from London to Birmingham on a fast run impossible. Thanks in advance.