Sand Patch Grade

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Oct 8, 2020.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I have not got the SD40-2 to move yet either in a Scenario or Service despite completing the training 3 times successfully. Lol.

Mike

2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Did you switch the “mcu control" to lead? It is never mentioned in the tutorials, but unless you do that, both coupled trains think the other one is the leading train and will have breaks applied.

It is a black switch at the bottom of the divider that is left to your seat, facing towards the fuse box.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. michael hooley

Thanks mclitke I will try that.

Mike

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah, this valve is aways in TRAIL position by default. Argh :) bad bad bad ( -> Lead or Dead )
    And the second one, a little above - to CUT IN ( freight )

valves.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. michael hooley

Thanks guys, that was the problem, first time i have got out of the yard in 6 months with a full train Lol.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Without you guys I would never have been able to set these switches correctly for SPG scenarios and I'm grateful. Took some experimenting to do them on the IFD for the AC4400CW. By the way, why are there 2 identical displays in the cab? Probably a dumb question but I had to ask.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. mclitke

Glad to hear it is working now. It really is unfortunate that these things like the lead/trail switch are not mentioned at all in the training.

• Like Like x 2
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In real life or other games, You can display divers data on each one :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

You can display 2 different sets of data at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

I had the exact same issue, I'm new to the game and think there is a huge chunk of training missing for this line. Once I had eventually researched how to get moving I drove into another loco (apparently I need to move some switches??) This is just following the journey so I didn't expect such a baptism of fire!

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Well, they have promised to get better at it in 2021. Videos and written manuals, tutorials. It's beyond my comprehension as to why it was let to slip out of hand with locos and routes released without any manuals at all. Especially since it is a somewhat of a technical game, with lots of knowledge needed to run things right. Someone, dropped the ball big time on this one. I can't even think of an acceptable excuse for letting this happen in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Right, the number of posts on SPG loco setup could fill a 300 page book and yet the questions still come up. Relying on forum members to repeatedly explain this process to new players is not a good solution. A clearly written manual would have saved everyone a lot of time and effort. Most new players are not forum readers, so they are frustrated when trains don't move etc. and may throw up their hands and move on. Don't even get me started on the C40-8W with no banking com, which appears to be eliciting a zero response as we speak.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

A forum section for guides and tutorials would also make life easier to have a repository with this kind of things.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  14. Analogue Anomaly

Analogue Anomaly Member

I know right, it's only thanks to you guys that I was able to progress past journey #03...

• Like Like x 1
  15. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Once they get all their manuals and tutorials sorted, there should be a sticky post with them all listed in there for easy access by all. Loco section, route section etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. ht-57

ht-57 Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

19. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...couldn’t have said this better myself. Having an actual user guide with some incomplete procedures in it is one thing... but only having a quick-start guide available at the launch of TSW 2? Really? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me... this is a simulator, not some cheesy pinball game.

• Like Like x 2
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Another argument for a) comprehensive manuals - it's inconceivable to me that the TSW2 manual does not include ANY keyboard map - and b) detailed tutorials that cover every valve, switch and knob in the cab.

21. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

They need to seriously take into account documenting things. We have many recent exotic signalling situations, like stop boards, shunting boards, the LZB block markers (also could act as stop boards). We have the multiple units configuration and the banking setup for american engines. We have new signalling systems like the french ones.

And still many DLCs have no manual at all, specially in the case of locomotives but also complete routes like Munich-Ausburg. Tees Valley manual is not even available in steam. You need to go to TSW1 store to get it.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yep. For example, to set up multiple locos in SPG, the manual tells you to set the MU2A valve.... but nowhere tells you what it is or where to find it! I must have groped around the cab for half an hour looking for it on the GP-38, since it's in an odd spot. Similarly, to make effective use of LZB in the ICE, you have to have AFB running- but, again, the manual says nothing about how to do that (it's hidden in the lefthand MFD).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. skyways1178

skyways1178 New Member

Is There a way to jump between locos without doing the walk of shame ?

24. mclitke

If you are playing on pc, you can teleport to different cabs by pressing "ctrl + `"
    Likewise, pressing "ctrl + 0" resets you back in the driver's seat.

25. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I watch the streams to figure out how to drive

michael hooley do you know about "banking comm"? Without it you won't get up the hills or maintain speed going down on Sand Patch. Open the cabinet on the back wall and turn on the radio if its not on. Hover your mouse over the buttons on the radio, one of them will say "banking comm" in the mouse over text press it then your other locomotives will do their share.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  26. theroyalau#4851

theroyalau#4851 New Member

Wrong, the radio is above you.

27. theroyalau#4851

The Banking Comm is used to communicate with other locomotives in the consist, but like I said, wrong, the radio is above you.

28. theroyalau#4851

Very simple, you press the relevant camera selection button (for me its L3) and go open a window with the drone.

29. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

I not sure what you think is wrong. You have to turn on the radio circuit breaker which is located on the back wall of the cab, then turn on 'Banking com' on the radio itself.

30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You do know you bumped almost a year and a half old thread right?

31. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I can't help being curious. Did you run the tutorial(s)? Did you read the manual (being the very first TSW engine on the very first route, yes, there is a manual (created before DTG became bored with the process and stopped producing them, unfortunately). There are also numerous Guides related to this route, all available on Steam.