Xbox Tsw2 And Tsw 2020 Conflict

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by david-bright184169, Oct 3, 2020.

1. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Are there any plans to fix the conflict concerning preserved collection between these two games on Xbox?
    Whichever one I play knocks the preserved routes off the other one
    It is getting very irritating to have to visit the store to reinstate these routes every time

2. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

The only way round this that I have found is to use two consoles and install each game separately.
    If anyone knows a better sollution I would love to hear it

3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is ridiculous- how long has this problem been going on for you, and is this affecting all Xbox users or just some? I’d be pretty ticked off about any issue like this- that somehow forces players to waste valuable time- when it could’ve (and should’ve) been caught in testing on the DTG side.

What in the world is going on with DTG and their apparent inability to catch issues like this- long before they ever reach their (paying) customers? What is their in-house testing process like- 5 people testing for a day or so? I’ve posted similar comments like this on at least a few occasions- and even outlined several steps they could take to improve product quality- and no response from DTG whatsoever. Sadly, I think the writing is on the wall at this point- for all to see... what you see now with DTG is what you’ll likely get moving forward- a company more interested in product quantity than in product quality.

4. mantoga68

mantoga68 Well-Known Member

Hi, I play TSW2020 & TSW2 on my 7 year old Xbox S and experience the above problem. However, on simply restarting the console I find all DLC content back to where it should be and have no further problems. Honest,.... I'm not related to Bill Gates or anything! :)

5. Stockton Rails

...ok, that’s good to know. But do you have to restart the Xbox every time you play a preserved collection route in TSW 2 (for that route to reappear in TSW 2020)?

6. mantoga68

mantoga68 Well-Known Member

Stockton, For instance, i went to play N Trans Pennine on TSW2020 (thats not preserved yet). On finishing my game play and returning to the Xbox dashboard i notice all preserved DLC for TSW2 says it needs re-installing ("ready to install"). (I have PenCorr, RSN, LIRR,MSB & RT). No matter, on restarting the console all TSW2 DLC shows as "installed" again in the TSW2 file -back where it belongs and presents no problems. Not something DTG are proud of , I know, but I'm lucky just to experience it as a mild inconvenience. I sympathise with any Xbox owners who are genuinely finding content being deleted with this anomaly but hopefully a simple console restart might be of help to some of them when they wish to play their TSW2 preserved content again that appears to have been uninstalled.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a known issue. DTG is working on it.

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Sam and Adam talk about this briefly at 1 hour, 15 min here. They are definitely aware and are planning a fix.

9. Stockton Rails

...thanks for this detailed info. Like you mentioned at the end, maybe some folks, like the original OP, can resolve their issues with a simple reboot. It might even work for everyone running into this issue, who knows... it’s certainly worth a try.

• Like Like x 1