London Underground Stock Announcements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nijspeed, Oct 3, 2020.

1. nijspeed

nijspeed New Member

Hi all,
    I recently purchased the Metropolitan line Aldgate to Amersham route which I didn't realise, at the time,comes with no scenarios.
    I am enjoying 'quick drive' around the route but I'm considering buying the S7+ stock add-on to give me some sessions.
    Also, does anyone know how to get the 'in cab announcements' (next station is..)? do they come automatically with the S7+ or S8 stock? I've seen and heard them in a couple of You Tube videos and they add a lot to the immersion.
    Any advice appreciated...Thanks

2. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

Neither the S8 or S7+1 stock come with passenger announcements. The only London Underground passenger announcements I know of are the ones done by the Virtual District Line team. They made some scenarios for the VDL using the S7+1 stock that include scripted announcements as Train Sim doesn't have an announcement system built in and so it has to be triggered using scenario markers. The stock does come with a working computer to allow you to programme your train number and destination.

Do you know if the videos you saw it on were of the stock on the JT Met or the Virtual District Line? I've never heard announcements while driving on the JT Met.

• Like Like x 1