Amtrak's Downeaster Boston-portland

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainmanDuff, Jan 18, 2018.

1. TrainmanDuff

TrainmanDuff New Member

It seems like Northern New England has been neglected in train simulators. There are numerous commuter lines, short lines, and Amtrak services in this region. Not to mention amazing scenery during certain times of the year. I'd love to see an Amtrak DLC on Train Sim World that isn't in New York or California, regions of the country that are in almost every single train simulator and in my honest opinion over hyped. I think it would be a great feature to include Amtrak's NPCUs as no one has ever done it before and to see some freight power like Pan Am's GP9s, SD-40s, GP-40s and others.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

This would be a great route, although there's a problem that I believe will prevent it from happening anytime soon. Pan Am discontinued their partnership with Dovetail Games, which explains why the Portland Terminal route for Train Simulator 2018 was removed from Steam. Even if Dovetail Games had the route set in the Boston & Maine era, it still wouldn't be possible to [legally] make it because the Boston & Maine is part of the Pan Am family. I wish Pan Am would allow the partnership again so that this could happen, I like the idea of the Downeaster/Flying Yankee route from Boston to Portland.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sparkplug

Sparkplug New Member

Nope boring anyway.

4. Mikeyob

Mikeyob New Member

How about new haven to Boston to start..

• Like Like x 1