Ts21: Big, Bold, Red

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 8, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Searchlight Simulations' extremely detailed Canadian Pacific AC4400CW dressed in the beautiful CPR Beaver Livery is out now for Train Simulator 2021!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Awesome already picked up off Steam looking forward to trying it out.

3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my PC can't handle this, but I really hope people with proper gaming rigs like it!

4. anthony.wood

anthony.wood Active Member

For anyone having difficulty translating the manual's words into action, we've produced a few videos to help you all out.

• Like Like x 6
  5. aeterna

aeterna New Member

I don’t see any performance issues, just played the night time winter scenario and fps was jumping between 26-36, which is higher than an ai populated stutter-fest new haven scenario to be fair.

6. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

This will get your heart pumping.

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Took me a little bit to figure out how to get the thing running, but man, does it run well. Looks beautiful as well....
    Screenshot_Canadian Mountain Passes_50.99527--118.12748_09-48-59.jpg

Not to mention the working Hot Plate as well.
    Railworks64 2020-10-08 21-28-24-45.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I was just reading a particular review from someone who could not get it to work and slammed this hard. The manual is a must read before the first use. It is a shame that people blame the game because of their own ignorance or inability to follow directions. Be sure to visit the developers site for free additional stock. You can get a multitude of reskins for some of this stock at RWA.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Michael Newbury

That is a real shame that someone who probably did not bother to read the manual slams the product in that fashion. I am looking forward to giving a try tonight I have been patiently waiting for Searchlight Simulations to complete this and release it. I have seen all the videos that they put out on this.

10. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Probably too ignorant or lazy to put in the time and effort.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

At least SS had a good laugh at it.
    Screenshot_20201009-110031_Facebook.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. anthony.wood

We do tend to have a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor. The user in question certainly seemed to not have the attention to check our channels of communication to find the tutorial guides to get them going nor read the manual for VRCs also procedure important C39-8. Granted, a complex locomotive is not meant for everyone but the negative review strictly based on their unwillingness to learn certainly isn't helpful to those who are interested in study level mechanics.

• Like Like x 5
  13. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I have requested help both at RWA and on your website. You have always provided help when needed.

14. Michael Newbury

Thank you for this package I had a lot of fun driving your locomotive, it was pretty easy to figure out how to get moving. I have one question and that is how to correctly program the radio.

15. anthony.wood

The radio channel the real location uses is 91-91, but we could not get a hold of any radio traffic from that specific area to include with the package.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Newbury

Completely understandable that you were not able to get recording of actual chatter, but I was trying to follow what is in the manual so I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I was looking for the correct sequence of what to enter. Not sure if you have a tutorial video for that.

17. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello Mr. Wood, I just wanted to say thanks to you and to the entire Searchlight team. I have been a fan of SS products for a long time, and the AC44 is the icing on the cake. I appreciate professional railroaders like yourself wanting to share the experience of real-life locomotives and train handling, as it is my dream to one day become an engineer. I may not be able to, due to a health condition, but your products allow me to experience the sounds and feel that come with that job. God willing, I hope to be a mechanical shop laborer/hostler, and with the AC44 I can actually learn how to do a load test, how to start up and shut down a locomotive properly, and other things that shop personnel have to perform on these amazing machines. Again, thank you for all of hard work you do to bring these products to us, and please give my thanks to the rest of the team.

treid09

• Like Like x 2
  18. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Use your mouse to perform these functions.
    Overview
    To select a radio channel, press the TONE button. This will prompt you to enter a tone number. Select one of the DTMF
    numbers [0-9] to enter a tone number. Next up, press the CHAN button on the radio. This will blank out the transmitting
    (TX) and receiving (RX) channels and will prompt you to enter the first digit of the transmitting channel. Press the channel
    number to enter it and it will prompt you to enter the second channel number for the transmitting channel.
    Repeat the same process for the receiving channel. To overwrite the active TX and RX channels, press the CHAN button
    again.
    NOTE: The TX and RX channels can only be overwritten when both channels have previously been assigned a channel
    number. Overwriting just the TX or RX channel is invalid.
    Operation Guideline
    Laggan and Mountain Subdivision
    CHANNEL NUMBERS:
    Main Channel: 91-91
    RTC Tone up Channel: 21-91
    TONE UP NUMBERS:
    Mount MacDonald Tunnel: *11#
    Connaught Tunnel: *21#
    Mountain Sub: *51#
    Laggan Sub: *71#
    NOTE: Should the locomotive speed fall below 25 MPH after the horsepower boost has previously been
    enabled, the Combined Power Handle must be moved to NOTCH 7 or lower for at least one second in order to
    reset the horsepower boost. Once reset, the operator may advance the Combined Power Handle back to
    NOTCH 8 in order to re-enable the horsepower boost.
    AC4400 – Operating Manual
    Revision 2 – June 2020
    © Searchlight Simulations
    You can also have RailroadRadio.net playing in the background to provide radio chatter.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  19. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member