PlayStation Isle Of Wight-october 15th-announcement

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Oct 8, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Any info on if PS4 players will get the 10% pre order discount offered to steam customers?

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Very unlikely console will get any discount, and if they do, it will likely by after its release, like tsw 2

4. 2-4-1

2-4-1 New Member

Rivet have confirmed on their forum that there will not be any discount for consoles. :(

5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

That would be very unfair. I don't give a cr*p about the 2 GBP/EUR/USD difference, but it's the principle. There should be no discrimination across platforms as to the pricing of products. DTG Natster , TrainSim-Matt , can you please elaborate on this in tonights stream?

• Like Like x 1
  6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Yep seen that myself

Attached Files:

7. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

From another thread.

8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

waaw... sorry Rivet/DTG, but as a matter of principle, that's just wrong. You can't give something to one part of your clientele and disregard the others. The right thing to do, would be to remove the pre order discount on Steam, but I understand you can't do of course. This is leaving a bitter aftertaste, this is...

Definitie no buy on day 1 for me. I'll be waiting untill we see a 20-25% discount during some PS-store sale

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Face it train fans,for some reason kissing steam user bums is just a thing,while us console users get kicked in the bums.If this was a 50 mile route with 3 drivable trains,full price no major problem,but it's 8½ miles so even a small discount for the frist 2 weeks of release wouldn't put R.G out of business,this is there frist tsw2 route,rivets games has spent waaaay more time hyping this route yet only steam users get the deals.But it makes me wonder if dtg was behind this steam only discount deal.Maybe since it there game it's there rules for 3rd party content deals or no deals releases.

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

More hyperbole!

They have explained why it is. It is almost as if people are scrabbling round for the next thing to find to moan about!

• Like Like x 2
  11. longo239

In fairness, Rivet are producing the route, the distribution is still done through DTG. Any decisions not to offer any discounts will be purely down to the reasons given by DTG.

12. matthewbguilford

I think we have to just accept until it’s implemented that there won’t be a pre-order discount on consoles. If it was more then a 10% discount it would be worth questioning this further. That said, this route is $5 cheaper then the average $30. $24.99, can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  13. theorganist

Personally if I really want a route then a discount doesn't bother me, if it was a route which only vaguely interested me then I would probably leave my wallet closed until there was sale. A couple of quid isn't that much when you are spending £20 on a DLC anyway, if the discount was 25% that would be a different matter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHINO BAZ

The one thing that saves this route is the off the rails mode it gives this route more options right away,without having to wonder or wait for any dlc addon.So it's cost is slightly easier to live with.plus livery editor helps to.

15. theorganist

It depends on your point of view. For me, I won't get any enjoyment by driving a class 66 and some freight wagons on it as I prefer as much realism as possible.

For me capturing this unique and pretty line is what I want it for, especially the Ryde end.

16. SHINO BAZ

Since some of you think i only complain about tsw2 problems,(Which could be a part time job)I wanted to show you that even i can find the upside to almost any issue,and boy for tsw i have to dig deep to do it.

17. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I agree, it does not really have the scope for free play like other routes have- especially with the tiny tunnel at Ryde.
    The pier does look spectacular in the screenshots so hopefully it carries across as well in gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  18. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s sensible to not buy it straight away- I don’t understand people who do.
    Check out the reviews, watch the streams and if you are so inclined wait for a sale.

It also makes the developers stop and think if everyone doesn't instantly buy every DLC the second it comes out. Obviously if you really want it then knock yourself out!

19. SHINO BAZ

Well with all the work and top notch hype machine at rivet games if this route comes out with little to no major problems it just might be worth it's price,RG does care about there work,just look how they put together fixes for there db br 204 when it had a few issues,which only took awhile to release because dtg took there sweet time releasing it.

20. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s Sony and Microsoft that decide about any discount otherwise DTG would have give us the 10% discount as the console part of the whole TSW sales is superior than the PC users

21. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

It's not the amount it is the one rule for PC and one rule for console

22. theorganist

But they have said there are times when the consoles will get a sale and PC won't. Not everything is black and white. In an ideal world all three platforms would have the same discounts and the same time but maybe we have to accept it isn't an ideal world.

We have been reading lately how DTG are apparently pandering to consoles, now apparently they are pandering to the PC brigade, you have to laugh really.

I don't quite get this rivalry between boxes of plastics and electronics!

• Like Like x 1
  23. theorganist

Well to be honest if it is making you that angry and bitter why bother?! If I thought it was that bad I would have uninstalled long ago and stopped using it, stopped giving DTG any money and certainly wouldn't come on here and expend energy moaning about them. I would enjoy other things life has to offer and be thankful that is all I had to moan about considering there are many people for whom getting angry at a computer software provider is the least of their problems!

• Like Like x 1
  24. theorganist

I am afraid you are banging your head on a brick wall.

25. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Charitably, it's because many simply don't understand the logistics, that Microsoft and Sony are corporate juggernauts that totally control the digital sales and distribution platforms on their respective consoles, that as rivals they obviously do not coordinate their sales as it would be anti-competitive and therefore illegal in most countries, and that DTG are to them what each one of us is to DTG, one customer among thousands.

Uncharitably, and in line with how many on this forum seem to think, a lot of people just prefer to blame DTG for everything, and would prefer to believe everyone at DTG is smoking cigars rolled in fifty pound notes and driving Ferraris into the sunset off the back of DLC sales. You do have to laugh, because the alternative is having to face up to the reality of how completely irrational much consumer behaviour is and how ill-targeted their criticism is.

• Like Like x 2
  26. theorganist

Exactly and I don't really understand it or the ins and outs of it either.

Therefore, I will assume the DTG's hands are tied, as it would be mad to deliberately not to give a pre-order discount on consoles if they could. However if it is a choice of that, or believing that DTG are a bunch of money grabbing, lazy rip-off merchants there are some on here who clearly don't want to consider the former and desperately want to believe the latter.

And frankly, I just don't get it!

• Like Like x 1
  27. longo239

The truth is generally somewhere in the middle!

28. matthewbguilford

They do care a lot about the people on console as their commitment to dlc releasing across all platforms simultaneously, and with TSW2 they have added features that really create a better experience for console users whether that’s the control scheme or being able to take in game screenshots. I can assure you that console would also be getting a pre-order discount But, Steam being on PC has a lot less of a restrictive store while Sony and Microsoft have a lot more restrictions and odd store policies for developers to follow. DTG did make it possible when TSW2 released for console users to get the pre-order discount on launch day, but you had to purchase it through the TSW2 in-game store which I thought was good of them considering it was not just a route but TSW2. I personally did not use that method as I would rather see that $2 go to DTG as for the amount of enjoyment I get from the content and that %10 goes to help support future projects!

• Like Like x 1