PlayStation Unable To Play

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Oct 9, 2020.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I have TSW2 downloaded on my PS4. Decided to take the PS4 away with me in our caravan to play the game if the weather was bad. Tried today and it saying can’t confirm license as no internet connection. There is no good internet connection where I am but why should I need it as I paid for the game and have it downloaded on the PS4 hardrive.

Anybody have any answers to this?

Very irritated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Try using your smartphone as a wifi hotspot for the console, be sure to switch off automatic updates first though as it will just eat through your data limit. After the game runs and verifys it's license you should be good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Thanks for that advice but my phones hotspot is not coming up for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Unfortunately this is a part of modern gaming. I suspect we never actually buy games anymore, I guess we are ‘paying for a licence to play the game’.

It’s probably well explained in the small print that we scroll through and click accept without reading.

If you think about how tv, music etc is consumed in the modern world, the days of ownership are being left behind.

Of course the benefits are no junk cluttering up our homes (full set of Star Trek DVD’s, that I will never watch again but don’t have the heart to dispose off)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

A bit too late now, but next time buy your games on disc.

Then you can play them anytime, anywhere, no internet required.

• Like Like x 1