Wherry Lines...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, Oct 9, 2020.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Hi all...

I'm pondering getting the Wherry Lines add on... Is there any difference whether I get it from the Steam store or directly from AP???

Thanks in advance...

Eric

2. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

The one from steam the loco doesn't have the branding pack so the locos are plain. Apart from that I don't think there is any difference. Excellent route it is

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Don't get the Steam version. I've had so many issues with scenarios and stuff because most use the AP version.

Oh yes there is! I've had so many pieces of DLC that rely on the AP version not work for me as a result. It's not an easy thing to fix when it happens either.

Just buy the AP version. The only reason I have the Steam version is that it was a gift.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

The AP version requires additional payware routes and rolling stock. Check you have them, or are prepared to buy them. It does however mean you have prototypical traffic on the route which is fully branded.

The Steam version has everything to give you the route out of the box and a set of rolling stock that isn't branded and isn't correct for much of the traffic you would see on the line in the time period it's set in. However, away from Norwich there is little traffic so it's not too noticeable. The main drivable stock (Class 37 + Mk IIs) is correct but unbranded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Thanks guys...

Eric

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Worth reading the Requirements before you buy the AP version
    You will have the Class 37 in Full DRS livery
    APWL_04-1024x576.png

Route Requirements - You need BOTH of these routes - without the the Wherry Lines won't work
    DTG GEML London to Ipswich
    DTG Isle of Wight

AND
    At least ONE of the following three packs:
    DTG Portsmouth Direct Line - More Information
    DTG West Coast Main Line Over Shap - More Information
    DTG Western Lines Scotland - More Information

To reiterate, only ONE of the three packs listed above is required. Should you have two or all three, that is also not a problem.

Scenario Requirements
    Please note that these items are only required if you would like to use the scenarios included in this pack. Also, if you would only like to use the reworked class 37, only the 'Extra Stock' and 'DTG Settle to Carlisle' are required.

Extra Stock
    AP GEML Class 90
    DTG Settle to Carlisle
    JT Class 153 Advanced

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

That's very odd because they should be interchangeable.

8. Pookeyhead

I've had several things not work where the inly discrepancy is that I have he steam version of wherry lines and the requirements specifically list AP Wherry Lines.

9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

can you link me some of them, please?

10. Pookeyhead

Off the top of my head, the only one I can recall without doing a lot of browsing around was this... https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=ml-5z37-0952-norwich-stn-c-s-d-to-yarmouth-c-h-s

I have everything in the requirement list, but wouldn't work. I can only assume that is the reason. I'll try and dig out what else caused me an issue later if I can.

[edit] If I recall, it was something to do with the extra stock download not playing with the Steam version.

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this, It was on my Steam wishlist, I'll wait till AP hopefully have a sale before grabbing it directly now.

12. Pookeyhead

If all you want is a one-stop way of getting a cut down version of the AP 37, and the Wherry lines route... Nothing wrong with the Steam version.. I'm just saying there does appear to be issues caused by stuff designed to use the AP version and associated extra stock files if you have the Steam version.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

They do share the same unique GUID: 3a99321a-0bb2-47be-bcad-b20cfe48a945 Wherry Lines - Norwich to Great Yarmouth & Lowestoft [DTG] [AP] UK / Also Available At Armstrong Powerhouse. From the comments above it would appear that any scenario made for the AP version may not work in the Steam version. I have used WS Wherry Lines scenarios in the AP version and they work fine.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think it is the use of certain Assets in an AP Wherry Lines Scenario that means it might not work on the Steam version.
    If you created a scenario for the AP version using default DTG stock I think that would work.