New Route: Cologne To Wuppertal Via Solingen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creeperblox2710, Sep 29, 2020.

1. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I've always wanted DLC's that are near my hometown so i decided to create this suggestion: A New Route that goes from Colonge to Wuppertal via Solingen. It would be great route because there are 3 lines that go to Wuppertal. The S7 from Solingen Hbf to Wuppertal Hbf via Remscheid, And the RE7 and RB48 from Cologne Hbf to Wuppertal Hbf.
    But there wouldn't be a Route without the Trains. So here are my suggestions of trains for this Route:
    The ICE 3M with the new ICE Nature Livery, The BR 422 with National Express Livery, The BR 648 with the Abelio Livery and maybe the BR 425. I know it would take alot of time since its a big Route with lots of Stations (25 in Total) and the Müngstener Bridge (The Bridge that connects Remscheid and Solingen) would take long because its a really huge Bridge. Overall it would be great to have this as a DLC.

• Like Like x 10
  2. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I second this. Together with Wuppertal-Hagen, which is part of Reserved Collection, this would allow for some 'continuity' services from Aachen all the way to Hagen. Plus, it would be a route to introduce InterCity trains for which run mostly this route and stop in Cologne, Solingen and Wuppertal. I hate to have only routes where there are at most two stops for long-distance services.

Duisburg-Bochum is very short for fast trains. It should have been extended to Dortmund as that is just around the corner of Bochum and a real ending place for some lines. Another route to supplement would be Cologne-Duisburg via Düsseldorf and then Düsseldorf - Wuppertal. With these routes (even separate) some nice things could be done.

If I'd have to choose, then the ICE 3M should not be part of it as they absolutely do not drive this route in reality. ICE 3 drive from Cologne via the super fast route to Frankfurt (Main), to Brussels and via Düsseldorf to Dortmund. But these services do not stop in Cologne Hbf and rather make a U-turn in Cologne Messe/Deutz, coming from Frankfurt and continuing to Dortmund and vice versa. Rather, the ICE 1 or 2 and IC waggons with BR 101 should be part of this route.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  3. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Hardly played TSW was more into TS classic but with TSW2 I'm now more invested into this game than TS classic and when I saw Duisburg-Bochum I did wonder why it didn't go into Dortmund maybe it was down to that particular version of Unreal Engine or time constraints or research materials hopefully with this updated version of unreal engine it can be extended to Dortmund. Aachen-Köln route is by far my favourite route so far in TSW2 and to see an extension or a route added from Köln station would be nice.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I know the developers aren’t really interested in connecting routes at the moment, but I think they are missing a serious opportunity not doing so.

Releasing DLC that connects to build a ‘super-route’ would be a development challenge, but it would be an awesome addition to the game.

It’s called Train Sim World for a reason. I hope one day the game starts to feel like you are in the real world, rather than just little pockets of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Think we are a few years away from merges as long as they say we will come back to these routes I'm happy as knowing eventually they will be coming back and showing some love especially with Aachen-Köln route then I can wait it out.

6. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

You can go to Finnentrop

7. BigH

BigH Active Member

Being from this region i strongly support the suggestions from the first two posts.