Door Open Indicator

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Oct 11, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I notice on the Tees Valley, using the flat nose locomotive (the one with the two light on top of the cabin) going from Darlington to Saltburn, the door open indication are reversed, I mean if the dock is on the left it shows the right hand side door is open, but using the 2 camera, you can see the left hand side doors are open

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Please report this in the technical issue section

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

This is bound to be part of the same bug that tees valley is riddled with. Since the Class 20 came in all other loco’s have been put back to front so the game thinks you’re driving it from the rear cab. This has screwed gradient info, next signal/speed limit info when stationary, possibly the main reason a certain scenario broke...

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The backwards thing was there before the Class 20 was released and that just added an extra layer of backwards to it with the nose to nose configuration messing with the Class 37. At some point early on in the route’s development someone must have reversed something important that can’t be undone and since then the devs have been battling to get everything to appear like it’s pointing forwards and for all the standard systems, like opening doors on the right side and the signals in the HUD to work correctly. Making it all work again in TSW2 is probably a huge nightmare for the devs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rat7_mobile

2 tihing with this
    1) I have no idea where the technical section is
    2) and this is even more important, I have no technical knowledge , and therefore will be unable to fill any kind of technical document to report anything

6. rat7_mobile

But I always, drive on the main line from the front cab, the only time that I am in the cab taht is facing the wagoo, is when I am working in the yard, as it make no sense to always be on the move from on seat to the other, but on the main line I am always in the cab that is facing the front of the train

7. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yeah it always makes sense to drive from the front cab, I agree. But the game thinks you’re in the rear cab (as in the loco is the wrong way around). Look at the train on the map and you’ll see the loco is back to front.

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Its another subforum at this forum. You are not required to fill a technical bug report, but there the devs may read about your issue., You just need to describe what you see happen and do that as accurate as possible.. At this forum it is less likely that anything will happen with this issue.

9. rat7_mobile

subform ??????????????

And I have already describe what happen, but I know when filling technical report, you must do it the way they want it to be fill, and with the specific words they require (technical words), or it does get sent, since I am not technically verse, filling technical report is not for me

10. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the Technical Reports forum.

Just simply report the bug. The words don't matter as much as making DTG aware of it (if they aren't already).

11. rat7_mobile

THank you very much, I just copy/paste the original message, hope it is not rejected