PlayStation Switching Using Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Oct 11, 2020.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I am finding it hard to work out required route when switching in map. Even when I am sure I have got it right, I quite often go down the wrong route. Wouldn't it be better if when switching is correct, a continuous blue line showed you were right, and then going back into game, you weren't wasting time and effort. I am not certain this might be an age related problem, I am 68 an think a bit of colour blindness might be at fault. There isn't a colour blind mode as far as I know. This might be something the developers think about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Hi, I am seventy and don't find it to bad apart from getting it to go on the switch sometimes, especially if there are two close to each other.

I guess you try sorting your route before you start moving or when stationary and not when in motion and pressing the option button to pause it. If you do it this way you don't see the switch change, but if you bring the map up by pressing the large centre pad on PS4 when you click on the switches you can see them change direction. If you already knew, sorry just trying to help. I was playing for quite a while before I realised there are at least three ways to change the points. The one I started with, keep jumping out switching by hand. Then I realised I could change by bringing the map up with the large pad and change them that way. Then a while later I found I could also change them by pausing the game and choosing map from the menu and clicking the points. But don't see the change unless you resume game then look again at map.

3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I typically press the large pad to bring up the map these days- rarely do I set switches by hand anymore. Using the pad seems to work pretty well for me, but I usually check my route twice just to be safe before heading back to the game. I do wish they used a different (brighter) color to really highlight the route you’ve selected- that might also help folks with any sort of color blindness.

And I absolutely wish they’d fix the issue selecting a specific switch when two are very close to one another... I run into that issue often.

• Like Like x 1
  4. knightovfun

knightovfun New Member

It's not ideal, but it works after getting used to it.

I would love to have the pointer speed slowed down on the map on consoles when switching. It really makes it a more tedious task than it should be.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Being able to zoom a little further on the map would also be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Very true, I had not given that a thought. It sure would help though.

• Like Like x 1