PlayStation Can We Make Passengers Train Longer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by louisniemand300, Oct 11, 2020.

1. louisniemand300

louisniemand300 Member

Can you make passengers train longer lie 2 locomotive infront and 10 passengers wagons

2. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Yeah, because that's realistic...

3. eire007

eire007 Active Member

And in ur reality if a train goes through a red light it causes the train to restart hahaha ur too funny. No wonder trains are so late. They just vanish to the start lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Great idea but I can never get more than 10 passengers on my train hehehe passengers need a overhaul quickly.

5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Short answer is no you can’t. If you want a multiple unit formation, you may be able to couple up at a depot especially if you don’t have to worry about signals protecting every siding such as Old Oak Common. I have tried for fun to see how many HST sets can I couple up at Old Oak Common and take to Paddington (It was a long time ago that I tried this but from memory, it’s either 2x or 3x HSTs). The only issue is once you get to Paddington, you’re unable to continue (I.e. do a passenger service) because the train is beyond the starting signal so the signal will stay red.

A probably more realistic scenario would be multiple unit formation of the turbo (Class 16x). If you’re at Reading depot, you can couple up to another turbo before you head off to Reading and into passenger service. You’re unable to get onto another siding because it’s all protected by signals (unlike Old Oak Common) but usually there are 2 or 3 turbos stabled on each siding. So if you’re the first turbo out on the siding, you can potentially couple up to 2 other turbos making a 9 coach turbo. And then you will have no problem taking it to Reading and into passenger service.

I don’t understand the need for this sarcastic moment. Least of all because like eire007 says, there are so many unrealistic things in the game even in fundamentals such as signalling. And also, this idea is actually pretty realistic. I know I’ve mentioned multiple unit formation which I guess isn’t really making a train longer like the example in the original post. But even taking the example of the original post, (“like 2 locomotive infront and 10 passengers wagons”), if you take HSTs on GWR, whilst they were usually 8 coaches, it wasn’t that uncommon to have HST sets running with 7 coaches or 9 coaches. Or with an odd formation such as 2 TFB vehicles particularly towards the end of their life on GWR high speed.
    And even more extreme, you only have to look on YouTube to see some bizarre HST consists (with several power cars) either because of rescuing a failed HST or a special occasion such as taking several power cars to an event.

6. ADSTRAINSUK

ADSTRAINSUK Member

12 Car tube train

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1