Munich-augsburg Route Sudden Speed Reductions

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Bredyhopi, Sep 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bredyhopi

Bredyhopi New Member

On the Munich-Augsburg route, as you are approaching Munich, the speed limit changes to 40 unexpectedly without warning, which is very annoying, please fix this issue ASAP.
    I run train simulator on my gaming PC in steam.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Is this a speed board that is not on the HUD or a signal controlled speed limit which isn't normally on the HUD?

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you pass a Signal showing Green over Yellow that is the indication the Speed changes to 40kph.
    If you take a picture with the Camera Icon or with F12 and post it here we will know which signal you are talking about

Peter

4. Bredyhopi

Bredyhopi New Member

it is not on the HUD

Attached Files:

5. ARuscoe

Couldn't see what the HUD was showing but the down 4 does mean "40kph limit upcoming"

6. Bredyhopi

Bredyhopi New Member

the hud was showing a 60

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Signal before shows a Green on the Main Aspect and A Yellow and Green on the Advance Signal below
    That Green and Yellow means Reduce to 40kph at the Next Signal , the one you have taken a picture of - even though the track speed is 60kph you are being routed over a slower track and have to run at 40Kph

But the Signal you took a picture of is Wrong as it should show a Green over a Yellow telling you to run at 40Kph

8. daymyron

daymyron New Member

How hard can it be to include all speed markers in the HUD? This begs the question: Why are all speed markers not shown in the HUD?
    I don't get it, I really don't.

9. ARuscoe

The thing with german routes especially is you have hard limits (ie those shown by signs on the side of the track) and soft limits set by signals
    The hard limits generally do appear on the HUD, but the soft limits don't
    The same is true of the vmax of consists where they may be lower than the linespeed, these are not reflected on the HUD at all

10. jasonmcareedj

jasonmcareedj New Member

I was just coming on here to note this. Arriving into Passing before munich the speed restriction on approach says 60 on the HUD, but when you pass it it says 40 and you are then speeding. Also on the scenario where you have to go through the wash before stopping in Munich it says 10 and then changes to 40 without any track side sign or any sign on the HUD.

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

HUD speed limits are track-related. Sometimes it is not very precise because of signals (&PZB) related speed restrictions.
    I don't know if this is mentioned case :) BR o7

12. jasonmcareedj

jasonmcareedj New Member

it appears to be wrong anyway and the 3 times ive driven the route ive been penalized heavily.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes, it must be the route.
    You do understand German Signalling and that the Signal will give you an indication of Speed irrespective of the HUD Speed?
    The HUD might say 60kph but if the Signal shows a Green over Yellow the Speed is 40kph at the Signal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1