Dtg’s Sam Hints At Imminent Release Of A Supposed “amtrak” Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Oct 14, 2020.

?
  1. Diesel

2. Electric

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well I guess we’re back at it! The speculations! The wonder! The hype. And now, in the latest stream, someone from DTG themselves has hinted at an Amtrak route coming to TSW 2. That person, is none other than Sam. In the middle of the conversation with Adam (I believe that’s his name, idk everyone at DTG lol), Sam suddenly said “Amtrak”. Well look at that! He just teased an upcoming TSW route! We don’t know which one, but I highly doubt it’ll be a preserved collection release of NEC. That route is much too buggy and poorly built to be included in the preserved collection imo. Anyways, no one really liked that route anyways, but I’m sure someone (or some ppl here) still play it. What the majority of us wants, tho, is the first ever diesel powered loco hauled Amtrak route in the game. With P42s. And superliners. Don’t you dare forget the superliners! They’re much of a necessity, unless it’s one of those routes in the east coast that have P42s haul single level coaches. I bet a lotta ppl here also want freight. UP freight. NS freight. BNSF freight. More CSX freight, altho that is doubted. Maybe even an FEC route, obviously Amtrak focused. So, this leads me to the conclusion: what do y’all want in this next Amtrak route? What are yours ideas? Speculations? Do u have access to private DTG insider information? Post it here! All ideas are welcome! Except a remake of NEC*, but I’ll take it if DTG can make it as anti-buggy as possible, and adds Acela, and other trains we’d like to see. But if it’s the same route, No. Thank. You. You’re welcome. Well, enough small talk, so what’re u waiting for? Start posting ideas!

*Sorry, I was lying, all ideas are welcome here, no matter what! As long as they’re on topic of course, and about Amtrak. Just Amtrak.:)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would like to see a mix of both Diesel and Electric

• Like Like x 3
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Well he just said that they still have the license and that you can expect to see Amtrak again, but that is info we already had... And as it is not on the roadmap, expect it not to be "imminent" at all...

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

i want an route with avelia libery and Anthony Pecoraro i know you will hate me for this :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think it's inevitable we'll see another Amtrak route, it's more when not if.

I'd like to see Shore Line East, Stamford to New Haven, just over 40 miles in length, perfect DTG route size.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Seems to be a week for being quoted out of context.

We were asked whether there would be another Amtrak route. I replied that we still had the license and that Amtrak was conspicuous in its absence so it was pretty likely we'd see one at some point. The word "imminent" was never used - if anything was imminent, why it'd be on the roadmap.

For further clarity, we're not working on an Amtrak route at the current time.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I heard something about it potentially appearing in the next set of routes to go into planning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I would absolutely love to see four Amtrak routes:
    - Cascades:
    Either from Vancouver BC to Seattle WA or from Seattle WA to Portland OR. The American Northwest is easily one of the most scenic places in North America. It also has interesting rolling stock F40s, SC44 Challenger and Talgo trainsets not to mention F40s converted into powerless cab cars, could be very very cool.
    [​IMG]

- Pacific Surfliner
    The best bit would definately be between Oceanside and San Diego as the line runs right next to the coast and is by far the most scenic. Cool rolling stock with MP59s, SC44s and Superliner Cab Cars. Would be amazing to have this route in the sim.
    [​IMG]

- Autotrain
    How cool would it be to have a bit of the Autotrain line? One of the longest passenger trains in the world not to mention P42s. My guess would be a 60 mile or so bit from either of the two terminuses, Lowton VA or Sanford FL as it would involve shunting this huge train to couple to the autoracks.
    I mean, just look at it:

- Acela
    Last but not least huh? Definately the best bit would be the Boston MA to New Haven CT as it's by far the most scenic. Plus, the future Avelia Liberty trains look sexy as hell and would be cool DLC when they finally enter service next year.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I would rather have the original Acela.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Dont you love these threads... DTG Protagonist says "We are not looking at Amtrak currently" so people pile in going "I heard this" and "I would love this, this and this."

• Like Like x 2
  11. Class395

Class395 Active Member

What's the problem with me just saying what I would like to see? It's not like i'm ranting about there not being an Amtrak route. I never said I agreed with what the original poster said and Sam cleared up what he meant saying that they still hold a license and that it's likely there will be one in the future.

Also, what's wrong with having a bit of a speculation about something that potentially might be coming in the far future?

I'm sorry but people like you I will never understand lol. There has been literally two posts after Sam's so I think that hardly classifies as piling in....

• Like Like x 2
  12. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Nothing there is a suggestions section?

• Like Like x 1
  13. MetrolinkF125#916

Well that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate, who knows, they’ll maybe surprise us with an Amtrak route next year, or a third party does it and DTG releases it.

14. MetrolinkF125#916

Well you are correct on that one, it may not be imminent, but maybe some third party dev out there has plans for making an Amtrak route but it’s not official yet. Who knows?

15. MetrolinkF125#916

Ok, well thanks for the clarification.:)

16. Class395

Class395 Active Member

It's not a speculation section though is it?
    That being said I will repost my post in the suggestion section because seing those routes in the game would be very cool indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

That’s the most disgusting train I’ve ever seen! Lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. Class395

Class395 Active Member

That's the thing about Talgo built trains, they are rather ugly lol. Speaking from experience since we got loads and loads of them here in Spain.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

honestly, I know people love the shinkansen to death (probably because of the top speed) but that one takes the cake for me. Half of the Shinkansen models looks like a shoe and it disgusts me :D
    Lil' Amtrak here is quite fine imo!

• Like Like x 2
  20. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

If you're into that route, it does exist for TS20xx and is quite cheap through many non-steam sources. It's not the prettiest route, but it is the pacific surfliner from LA-San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
  21. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

There's a difference between speculating and putting words into people's mouth. Sam never gave a time frame, nor hinted/teased at any specific route. It's misinformation like this that can turn into a game of Chinese whispers that usually ends up in disappointment due to the original information being taken completely out of context.

• Like Like x 4
  22. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Anthony would hate me for saying this but I do love the Avelia liberty but the horn is rather bad . But I would love a genesis in game :D

• Like Like x 3
  23. MetrolinkF125#916

A lot of us would like these trains, but we shouldn’t get our hopes up too high since there is no official route planned ATM. But, we should keep our eyes and ears opened for any more hints or teasers coming in the next few months.:)