PlayStation Roadmap Stream Honesty Is Good But...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

It just proves DTG has bit off more than it can chew, it simply can’t keep up with all the problems, it even seems like a problem in how to prioritise all these problems, most problems mentioned comes with a “that’s not easy to fix” response, also admitting (and fair play for doing so) that they lack certain people to do certain jobs just proves that DTG is trying to punch above its weight, this is a hobbyist studio that lacks polish and professionalism and it shows in their work unfortunately

I’m extremely interested to see if Rivet can make my continued journey worthwhile and how their first route is received by this community

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

The roadmaps in my opinion should be once a month. Like with he IOW it gives time for them to get the "Next Arrival" out before the following roadmap, and like you said it gives more time to fix things rather than moving things up and down

• Like Like x 1
  3. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

The one person that does show a lot of passion is Sam,the others do but for me Sam really does try his best to help us with the information he has.
    The preserves are definitely holding things back regarding sorting bugs out,but it’s what they decided to do and maybe only time will tell if they’ll ever get back on track to where they want to be with TSW2.The only problem now the preserves are in play is it’s opened up further issues with them also so will it ever be fixed.....I really hope so but how long is another matter.
    Have they bitten off more than they can chew....I’m not sure,it’s just a real shame with every new train or route added there’s always something not right but I give them a thumbs up for doing it.
    I’m frustrated that we’ve moved from TSW to TSW2 and yet we’re still seeing the same gremlins that we had in TSW for me that’s just poor testing or poor quality control and someone needs to take charge of the rudder there and sort that department out.
    I will always be interested with the progress of TSW2 but playing it as it is right now is okay rather than being amazing which is a real shame for the hard work they do.

4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if you have a job, but I’d like to follow you around for the day and point out all of your mistakes.
    You make your own expectations. I believe a lot of people know that DTG is a smaller studio and as you even said closer to a “hobbyist” studio. Your expectations should be realistic, there are bugs and issues that will take to much time and that will be hard to work out. Specifically with the preserved collection, we will have issues in some places as they are porting over content that they created two+ years ago that was not made to run on this version of the unreal engine they are using in TSW2. There will be problems, it’s all about DTG communicating with the community which they have. What matters is the new content.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mark.bolter

I love the game for what it is,and really look forward to the future of it as it’s definitely improving.Think it’s gonna be another year before we start seeing it play at its best

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

Yet another complaint thread. What are you trying to achieve? Are you just blowing off steam, or do you really think this thread is going to improve anything?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

I never see a game developer putting so much barriers and complaining how difficult it is to fix things they are responsible for in first place. Before Adam's team other folks where responsible for fixing bugs but now it seems they're entirely alone on that arduous and very, very tough job... This is so unfair and convenient at the same time.

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Yet, another complaint comment, what you trying to achieve? Just blowin off some steam?

9. mark.bolter

One word,democracy.So with what you say no body can make any comment whether negative or positive...

• Like Like x 1