Community Thoughts On Enhancements For The Upcoming Console Generation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JonnE, Oct 14, 2020.

1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

With the upcoming release of the new console generation and alongside with that the very high plus of power supplied by these devices there have been many questions what the plans for a TSW2 enhancement- lookalike were.

As Matt stated several times that DTG and other developers don't know yet what will be exactly possible I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where the community has a possibility to express their whishes and / or expectations. I remember the first stream with Sam and Matt where most questions of the community regarding TSW2 had to be neglected - so maybe this could offer a little help to prevent it for future releases.

I'll start for myself:

With the massively increased harddrive speed I'm hoping for a higher draw distance, less object pop- ups (general increased higher object LODs) and a higher stability when tiles are loaded (especially thinking of the issues of Miles Platting and now Köln).
    And I would love to see a higher draw distance of the shadows as this sometimes looks quite strange.
    Aside of route design I would find it nice if static consists would be now equally placed to the PC version.

I personally don't really care about loading times, they are fine for me as they are now in TSW2.

I don't expect any large feature enhancements for now as there is too much to do already - but the items listed above seem reasonable and mostly realisable to me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well, the new Xbox consoles should automatically provide a nice upgrade based on the reporting i've read about backwards compatibility. As OP mentioned, SSD drives should certainly help with streaming in assets and loading times, and the extra CPU and GPU power should help everything run more smoothly all around.

Now, i'm hoping DTG will add further next-gen enhancements (ray tracing, utilizing more powerful CPU to improve AI traffic, etc) to their roadmap at some point. Would think this will be a little ways down the road, though, as not everyone will be upgrading right away.

I still haven't been able to secure a Series X pre-order :( Hopefully they'll release more stock soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Totally Agreed! I also really want to see some next-gen enhancements.