PlayStation Tsw 2 Munich - Augsburg Info

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Oct 13, 2020.

1. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

info within next week according to Sam in today stream.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Does anyone know anything about it in the meantime?

3. jeanmarc094

pretty sure no one knows

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Copy that

5. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

It's a route in Germany ?

6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m guessing with a live stream, ‘coming soon’ is a lot sooner than we might think. Hopefully next week.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I am hoping to hear the 423 engine sound, I know there are a few different engines in the 423s, but there is one that to me is outstanding as it howls shortly after starting :D
    With a bit of luck it is this one they went for

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeanmarc094

we'll find out tonight

• Like Like x 1
  11. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

That's... Great!

12. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Oke, so I don't know if I'm the only one. But I'm kinda sad hearing about the layers thing. ( not being able to run the whole services on console )
    So when next generation comes around i hope we do get the full timetable and I don't need to buy all the dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

the route looked to dark for me. i asked if they would do a run in the daylight but got no answer.this route looks like a wait until sales come out. cos its a small run it only took the 10-15 mins to do the run. i think they said it 36 KM long

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You need the DLC to unlock the layers.

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You can probably do everything, but not everything can be turned on at once. Maybe they'll come up with something! Fingers crossed!
    ICE has quite tinted windows. Maybe that's why. SKA also looks quite gloomy at times.

16. danistarwars

Yes I know. But they stated on console you can't get the full timetable because the consoles can't handle it.

I'm mean with buying all dlc. I bought i dlc to date, and I just hope when the next generation comes around I don't need to buy it again

• Like Like x 2
  17. danistarwars

Yes I know. But still kinda annoying. I really wanted the full timetable.
    We are getting the same as GWE with pc having more services. So I hope there finding a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Oh. I see what you mean. I don’t think that will happen. The game is next gen compatible. It might just need some tweaks to get the best optimisation. But it should run natively quite well given the increased performance of the new consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

They did a run at daylight with ICE, the run took about 32 minutes and the route is over 60km long.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Luke8899

Gen4 consoles are getting near the end of their prime, so it's not surprising the title is really starting to push beyond their boundaries. That said I'm not hugely fussed if we have to limit the timetable to only some services on console for the sake of performance, it does look like a truly amazing route with beautiful detailing so I know in the end I will end up buying it. Maybe I have the willpower to wait until I have a PS5 though, if only because I'm getting fed up of every new game release setting the PS4 pro's fans to 'take-off' mode.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Back in August, I posted a question regarding this route about what routes will be included:
    Will lines on the Munich such as S1, S2, S4, S6, S7 & S8 be included since they all use BR 423 as the S3? It would be great to see those a.i. trains in traffic.
    After watching the stream, now I know that it will include ICE, RE, S3, S4 and freight.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

It's got passenger information screens...thats what's sold it to me! The station at Munich has over 20 platforms, and most of them had some sort of info on them telling you when the next train is.

23. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this route very much.
    But I do have mixed feelings about the whole layer thing though. I guess temporarily switching off one or more layers is better then not having anything, but on the other hand.... the capabilities of the consoles is well known to DTG, so why develop something that ecxeeds that ?
    I hope another solution can be found, maybe removing some of the scenery or making scenery a bit lighter

24. Luke8899

I think you are being a little unfair. There's nothing to suggest they intentionally set out to develop something that exceeds what consoles can handle, (though even if they had, it isn't a crime to develop a game so that PC users get a little more because they have hardware that can handle it), from what was said in the stream they have discovered fairly late in the dev process, as is not unusual, that the same functionality is not possible across all platforms. Rather than just going ahead and introducing a reduced timetable on console without telling us, they have a) explained the situation ahead of time, and b) told us they are trying to implement a way for console users to decide which layers are turned off, which if they pull it off would be pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  25. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Around 60KM long mate and it should take a bit slower than on Schnellfahrstrecke.

Yes, it looks way too dark but that's all DLCs to be fair.