Regarding The Haupstrecke Müchen Route...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This is not a rant! I repeat! This is not a rant! However I would like to get my point across in this thread. So regarding this route, I feel like it’s a “copy” of the original Köln-Aachen route. Practically same trains, just slightly different on the inside for the 403 and on the outside for the 423. So I don’t want to get into too much detail, but personally I wouldn’t really buy this route, it’s not really that surprising imo. It practically has the same trains run on a similar route for the same distance. Not worth the money rn. So lemme know what u guys think, will u buy it? Do u feel the same thing? Put it right down there!

• Like Like x 2
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The must have for me

• Like Like x 5
  3. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I'm copping it the moment it releases. I'm a sucker for S bahn running, i'm sorry.

• Like Like x 6
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m expecting it to be at least as good as, probably better than, SKA. Although there wasn’t much to do in the DB406, with only a few services, I have driven those services many many times, and get great pleasure from it on what is essentially a fairly boring route. I’m not sure I’ll be able to resist buying it just for the similar experience in the 403. I had promised myself to wait for sales to buy routes after Isle of Wight but I also want everything now. Piggy banks may be raided, as I love the German routes too much. Tonight’s stream will show me what to do.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ll be buying it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

. . . and me!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

going to see what it looks like and then i will decide if i buy it or not

• Like Like x 1
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I agree that it's two very similar routes very close together, however I wonder if this is the result of LZB being recently added. It would make sense that DTG would want to add a bit more LZB driving onto the route.

I hope the 403 and 406 can sub for one another, and I also hope the 155/182 make an appearance on the freight services.

Looking forward to the stream tonight, and assuming it looks pretty good, I'll be spending my money on this instead of IoW (unless I break and end up buying both).

• Like Like x 3
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I tried to ask yesterday about SKA. Hope it will be as you suggest :)
    For both of these routes!

• Like Like x 2
  10. LucasLCC

I really hope so too. I know Matt said it's on his list, so I'll poke the original thread in a couple of weeks to hopefully encourage them to appear.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'll be buying it although I wouldn't be suprised if it's riddled with bugs that are clear as water when it's released and a few weeks/months after release. Yes the features sound similar but it's a different location so there will be new things to see. It's also 38.5 miles long which is short for a ICE service so you probably would get more fun out of the s-bahn services. I also think though that there is just way to much Deutsche Bahn (German) routes and trains and I would like Dovetail to perhaps scale back on German Content and make more MODERN British routes, more american passenger routes or even make routes from other countries.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

I agree, but hey, the roadmap has it all: French TGV, a Swiss route, more American freight, southeastern high speed! There’s alotta goodies coming soon!:)

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From what they said on the stream I won’t be buying it at release. They have basically said it won’t work on consoles, unless they come up with a system for us to turn off the timetable layers that cause this non-playability. It has too much going on with all the layers they have implemented, for consoles, especially the xbox (I’m on PS4) to cope with it, if you have the DLC that adds the layers.

More info on this will be coming from DTG later but I won’t be buying it until I’m confident it will work fully. Considering the layered services will also be using trains from the preserved collection that don’t work well yet, I get the feeling this will get messy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. LucasLCC

I also heard this, and it's slightly worrying to be honest. The fact there's only a couple of weeks until release (as it's in next arrival stage) means the chances of this system being implemented is slim...

Timetables make or break a route, and only seeing some of the services is quite disappointing.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound good.
    But what's the problem exactly? Too much traffic with all possible dlcs? Is it a different concept then what they used to do till now?

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s basically it. With all the layers which add in automatically, the testing has shown that it doesn’t work on consoles. I think they are banking on it working fully on the next generation of consoles, and it looks like that’s the way it’s heading with what level of traffic they put in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This route looks fantastic. A little worried about the layers on consoles, but there is only so much the current gen consoles can do. Hopefully the PS5 will enable all kinds of goodies.

• Like Like x 2
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope DTG will come up with something. I play a bit out of necessity on PC.
    This is probably their prettiest child so far.

• Like Like x 2
  19. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Disappointed that 2 months into a "new engine" we've already hit the ceiling in terms of what current gen. consoles can handle.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The engine has nothing to do with it, but rather the number of trains being loaded into memory at any given time. There is only so much memory and once it’s used it’s used. If the game tries to load more than memory will allow, the game will just crash out.

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

They have to play it right - I mean inform well, in a "visible place". I'm a bit surprised that it can all be turned on on a PC, that it won't be cut to the console's capabilities. I've criticized it a lot lately. A big surprise.

• Like Like x 2
  22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed as well after the stream. Ironically when I read the thread a couple of hours ago I had the clear intention for a day 1 buy which went to a clear no now.
    The reason is that I unfortunately know the route in real life very well, I've ridden it quite often since I was a child and therefore was very happy when I read the first announcement in the roadmap. But for me it all falls with the number of services and the variety of the trains. In reality this route is close to a railfans paradise as you could spot 20 different trains in 20 different services.. in 20 minutes, esp. in the Munich area. It's extremely busy, so busy that even the 427 (?) services with all layers activated only cover a tiny bit of what's going on in reality.
    Being forced to a further reduction is such an immersion killer for me that I would definitely have no enjoyment at all with it. Even in HRR and a bit in Hagen I found the countless empty tracks quite ridicoulous (sorry, I don't have a better word for that at the moment).
    That's a shame because it's really beautiful modelled and easily recognizable. Munich mainstation and also Pasing as well are realized close to perfection and the test looks very beautiful as well.

Of course I understand why this decision had to be made and don't blame anyone of the Developers for it. But unfortunately decisions tend to be driven by feelings instead of understandings... and with that disappointment I don't think that there will be anything which could alter my purchase decision.

Maybe I'll give it a go in 6-9 months for the Series X... but only if there are all services available.

Sorry for a not very constructive post but I felt a need to express my disappointment somewhere.

• Like Like x 7
  23. tallboy7648

It is and it's a shame that since this route is basically a port from Train Simulator 2021 (Railworks) that we have this unsolved issue. Luckily I have a pc so I'll be able to enjoy it but in console, not so much. Luckily I pre ordered the Xbox Series X so hopefully when next gen consoles come out, it will allow dtg to develop routes with a little less stress and problems. I assume sales for this route won't be good

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. tallboy7648

I'm not really into American freight or freight in general. Perfer passenger services

• Like Like x 2
  25. tallboy7648

I didn't know that it was more busier. But I guess if they made it more busier than it would almost be impossible to play and would make people so furious that they'll go to dtg demanding refunds

• Like Like x 1
  26. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Of course! It seems to be even impossible now as it is with the 427 services. I didn't expect the real timetable to be fully integrated anyway as this is hardly possible with the given limitations. I tried it back in MSTS days once for that area but it was hardly achievable even back then.

So for a developer it's a situation where each of the designated paths is wrong in any way. I fully understand that they preferred a further reduce of services to the alternative of not releasing the DLC for consoles at all (which would have been somewhat inevitable). It just would feel so dead to me then that I couldn't enjoy it in anyway as I would permanentely think 'why are there so many tracks? With that amount of traffic there are not needed at all'.

That's also the reason why my favorite DLC are ECW and Peninsula Corridor since they feel quite realistic to me.

I even haven't played SKA much yet because of the missing S-Bahn services... and now I'm in doubt if they ever come to consoles in full design well since the game crashes even yet...

• Like Like x 2
  27. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The 403/406 can’t sub for each other.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the out of memory crashes on SKA since MSB was installed on timetable mode, it’s safe to say that this generation of consoles are running out of time. Given the price of next gen consoles and the specs that have been shown, it wouldn’t surprise me if the devs want to stretch their fingers a bit.

Still I want to speed down on an S-Bahn train, especially since the new DB BR 243 has destination boards that have colour!

• Like Like x 3
  29. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

same

• Like Like x 2
  30. MetrolinkF125#916

Me too, it does kinda suck to only see a small fraction of the services irl. But I guess there were limitations since not everyone owns a $3,000+ pro gaming setup to handle all the services, this goes especially for the current consoles, not even the PS4 pro or Xbox one x can handle these services. So yes most of us will have to wait till we have the PS5 or Xbox series X in our homes, as they’ll have much more processor power and RAM to handle all of these services on the route.

• Like Like x 2
  31. ZeenozPlays

I’m only disappointed in the lack of services.

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had the first real conversation about getting a PS5 with Mrs Stujoy last night due to this, although I’ve had it in the back of my mind that it is inevitable that we’d have to get one eventually. It’s just that might have to happen sooner than I thought and it would be the first console either of us has bought new.

Prior to TSW coming to my attention I hadn’t owned or used a console since the old Megadrive days and that was a second hand one my dad bought for me and my brothers to enjoy (possibly after one of my brothers upgraded our ZX Spectrum with a DIY kit and broke it). Goodbye Chuckie Egg, hello Sonic. Since then I’ve had no interest in gaming so have had no need for one. The missus bought a second hand PS4 to replace her broken xbox and then, like the sun breaking through the clouds (something you can’t currently see in TSW2 because the sun is missing), I discovered TSW. Now I use the PS4 at least ten times as much as she does and we usually watch all our television through it with Netflix and BBC iPlayer apps too.

So it’s looking likely that we’ll be pooling resources and buying a PS5. I don’t actually have a Playstation account, everything is done through her account, so we are stuck together forever now. If I was to leave her for another woman I’d lose all my trains, so I’ve decided she’s a keeper. That’s true love that is. A slightly off topic insight into my life but inspired by the direction TSW is going as shown by this route’s content. New consoles for all of us if we want all the content in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  33. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of the route choice for this DLC, since it's too similar to what we already have and feels like the cheap option, but if you knew your German geography you can't say these routes are close together.

• Like Like x 2
  34. LucasLCC

My comment was not in relation to geography at all... It's the fact they're releasing two similar routes in a short timeframe (as close can mean distance, but also duration).

• Like Like x 1
  35. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

ah okay, wasn't clear to me because you already stated the similarities before, my bad

• Like Like x 1
  36. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

In about 1 mounth Microsoft and Sony will release the new consoles and I suppose on next gen consoles we will expect for a not restricted content. I suppose DTG will upgrade the route in the next future (in about the 2020-2021) like will happen with the Bakerloo line. I believe it is legit to expect for this, like it is legit (after 3 years) to expect for an Intercity train on German route (instead of infinite commuter-emu and dopplestock everywhere).

• Like Like x 1
  37. tallboy7648

With all these issues that a port from TS2021 to tsw2 has now. I think it would be fair perhaps to drop the price of the route just a tad since it can't be argued that it's worth the price although I wouldn't mind paying full price for it. It's just a shame that were not going to get a realistic timetable. I guess dtg can't always advertise their routes as having a relistic timetable

• Like Like x 2
  38. ZeenozPlays

It's not a real port. It has to be fully recreated. The full amount of services aren't present because of console limitations and the fact that this is only a short part of the route. They deemed it stupid to add services the would only go 1-2 stops before splitting off (S-Bahn). And some of the trains that run the services IRL, Aren't in TSW Currently.

• Like Like x 2
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is realistic, but not 100% full. I would also like 100%! :)
    PS May we not get a lock-down version!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  40. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Realistic is a relative term. Realistic ICE service every 2 hours but not realistic when we see a desert of Intercity services for example. Usually and generically ICE and IC alternate each other every 2 hours eg. 9.00 ICE, 10.00 IC, 11.00 ICE, 12.00 IC, until the evening. Of course, timetable schedule services (hardware limit inclused) are realistic but the traffic variety (not volume but variety) is not.

• Like Like x 2