PlayStation Iow: Atrocious Cab Quality

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kevin.charb81, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

How does quality like this justify being released for sale?
    [​IMG]

These buttons....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Obviously is a visual bug that I’m certain will be fixed soon! No need to get upset!

3. kevin.charb81

Disappointed more than anything. Your reply assumes it will be fixed soon, based on what?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

It doesn’t - but it’s a good indication how you are viewed as a customer. On the plus side it’s obvious enough and enough people have noticed that they will probably have an excuse ready for the stream this evening and a fix in the works for sometime before TSW3.

• Like Like x 4
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You mean TSW4?
    I don't like to make fun of DTG so much, but all this, after WCM stream with an average fps of 1? Ajajaj
    Quo Vadis DTG... I am counting on HMA very much. Should I be afraid?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Is it me or are everyone's IOW cab shots also incredibly dark , are you chaps doing night time scenarios?

• Like Like x 2
  7. kevin.charb81

midday, sunny no clouds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Why so serious... :)
    I wonder what will be in place of tonight's IOW show. Some upcoming US route maybe?! WOW

**Edited by DTG Natster to remove quoted text.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Samo1 I have removed your post, that was off topic and unnecessarily confrontational. Please remember everyone is entitled to different viewpoints.

10. matthewbguilford

It’s this attitude that ruins this community. If you followed anything Rivet Games does you would know they are very passionate and talented developers. You would also know that this is an obvious bug, and not how they intended it to be. They have shown us “how they view their customers” with the first locomotive they released for TSW the DB204. It’s one of the more quality locomotives and Rivet games listened to feedback immediately from the community and fixed a number of issues while also adding a two hour scenario for free which I would argue is one of the best patches we had received for TSW.. Everyone wants to be so quick to point out the small negatives, when no doubt if I followed you around for a day at work and pointed out all of these small flaws and mistakes you are making, it wouldn’t make you feel to good about yourself. Feedback and different views are fantastic for these forums, but when it starts to be anti-DTG propaganda it’s not really helpful at all.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

You’re certainly entitled to that opinion. However I feel people should be fully informed about the quality of the product they are buying. I’m not doubting their passion, but they haven’t exactly done this release very well. I asked specifically if it was a bug, and DTG will not confirm that - so for all we know it’s going to stay like that forever.

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'll buy it anyway, but Steam reviews aren't super flattering. You will know them by their fruits. I appreciate the passion, but that's not what we pay them for.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kevin.charb81

Exactly. We don't pay for "good intentions"

• Like Like x 1
  14. matthewbguilford

What exactly are you informing people about?

“It doesn’t - but it’s a good indication how you are viewed as a customer. On the plus side it’s obvious enough and enough people have noticed that they will probably have an excuse ready for the stream this evening and a fix in the works for sometime before TSW3.”

15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t doubt that Rivet put a huge amount of effort into developing IoW. The level of detail shown in their 483 video was tremendous. Obviously something has gone wrong somewhere with the texturing, lighting etc as none of the buttons in their video looked like melted candles.

It’s hugely disappointing that the game got into consumers hands in the state it has as it just creates bad feeling. Whether a conscious decision was made to release the game in this state or something has gone wrong in the version published is unknown and will probably remain unknown.

I just hope it doesn’t take forever to patch as the ‘fix it’ list is getting longer with each release.

• Like Like x 3
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

About low product quality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

As you say it is an obvious bug. One that should not have been present on release seeing as it is so obvious.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

Assume you’re addressing me? If so, I didn’t say I was. I said “I feel people should be”. I started a topic asking if the issues I had seen were specific to one user, the answer to that is apparently no, the issues with the route are widespread. Other users have reported further issues based on their experience. I get that you have it, and like it! That’s honestly good news. I would be disappointed in the route as it stands.

• Like Like x 1
  19. matthewbguilford

Compared to? Can you provide me with a statement from Rivet stating that the “low quality” cab is how it was designed?

20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Have you seen what it looks like on PS4? Have you seen how many people are complaining in this forum? Are you kidding me! I knew :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. matthewbguilford

Can you tell me of any form of video game that has come that didn’t have bugs?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2020
  22. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locking this thread as it has degenerated into a shouting match.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.