Problem With Scenario On Wcmls!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brummie, Oct 12, 2020.

1. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi, Just ran 'scenario 4, the class 350 from Cov to B'ham return to Lon Eus'.I found when I arrived in Coventry, couldn't open the doors after stopping at the 4 stop marker board. I tried moving up and down the platform and still no luck.
    Second problem was after arriving at B'ham New St. I did all the tasks ok but when it was time to leave I was stuck at a red and it wouldn't change so finished scenario.
    Has anyone completed this scenario ok, if so please let me know and maybe give me a few pointers as to where I might be going wrong. Thanks.

2. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Ahhh, so I’m not the only one struggling for a door release at Coventry. Haven’t tried going any further than that though so can’t comment on the rest but shall try again later today.

3. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi,
    I just worked out the problem at Coventry!
    The instruction isn't too precise about arriving at platform 4, what I tried was as soon as you stop, change ends and drive forward to the front of the platform, then start to load passengers.
    The other thing I notice is that the guards buzzer doesn't sound on any of the stations, but works with the same unit on other scenarios?
    Anyway, gonna try and do the B'ham arrival again in this same scenario to see if I was doing something wrong re not getting red light to change.
    Thanks for your reply, happy simming.

Edit: Just ran this again, got to brum and loaded passengers etc, but the red signal doesn't want to change, so that was as far as I can go in this scenario. Oh well!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  4. brummie

brummie Active Member

Managed to get to B'ham New St. and again the red light bug persists making the scenario end here. Its a shame because it had the potential to be a very good scenario. Be interesting to hear if anyone has had the same problem as me!

Regards

5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi brummie, thank you for the feedback on the scenario, have passed this onto the team.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Jamie,

Thanks, much appreciated.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  7. guardupfront

hi mate, managed to get Coventry to work! Make sure you “tab” the platform signal at Birmingham after the first passenger loading, and that’ll give you the two white lights at 45 degrees that you need to attach trains. The tab is the equivalent of calling the signaller - so if that’s the red light bug it’s working as intended.
    After I changed ends, the signal had already cleared for me. I also recall there being no guard buzzers.

Home some light can be shone on your situation!

8. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hello, l mentioned in my earlier post that l have done all that, the problem red light is the one at the end of the platform at New St. preventing you leaving the station for Rugby!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  9. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

When your next in Train Simulator, could you please send a screenshot of the signal and what happens? Would be really helpful.

10. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Jamie, Yes will do.

11. guardupfront

ahh, no worries, that one cleared for me so I’m unsure! I’ve also got a passenger view! Might need to clear the cache at your end so it can redownload and that might hopefully fix it for you!

12. brummie

brummie Active Member

Yeah, I already did that. Can I confirm that the red changed for you and you then continued on to Rugby?
    Sorry, you are right there is a passenger view, it was another scenario where that was missing, my bad.

13. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Jamie, Hope these images come out ok!

I am all ready to go, pass the first yellow ok (image 1) then wait at the red (Image 2) but that one doesn't seem to want to change?

Attached Files:

14. DaveDewhurst

DaveDewhurst New Member

You're going the wrong way, drive into new street, couple up then drive back out the way you came

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. brummie

brummie Active Member

Lol, that is what lm doing? After coupling up ets you change ends and that is what l'm seeing. I even pressed f1 to see the destinations come up in front of me.
    Thanks for reply.

16. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi Brummie, thank you for the screenshots, looking at them you may have changed to the wrong cab end, as when you attach to the other 350 you change cabs to go back the way you came, the signal should be clear. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. brummie

brummie Active Member

Ok. I have saved the game at the signal, will go back and see.

18. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Jamie, Dave Dewhurst and 'Guardupfront',

OMG, I can't believe I made such a noob mistake. Been playing this for years and never made such a mistake before. Put it down to a senior moment.
    Sorry for any grief I may have caused anybody but there you go. Good job most of you good people have patience on these forums.
    Happy simming and many thanks for your input and help, much appreciated.

Now i will carry on the right way to Rugby....Duh!

19. guardupfront

Happy we got there in the end! No harm done! I hope you find the rest of the scenario just as enjoyable!

• Like Like x 1
  20. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Guardupfront,

Kind words my friend, we certainly did in a big way LOL, again thanks very much, have a good one.