Railjet

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nberneck99, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Now that Munich to Augsburg has been announced, who would be interested in being able to use the OBB railjet? Taking a Taurus up to 230 km/h sounds like a boat(train?)load of fun. Having this route certainly opens up this possibility.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just been watching a YT Video at München. There are so many trains I want to play with... it hurts.

The ICE 1, 2, 3 and 4 and lots of others. Too many to list. Hopefully most of not all will see service in the game soon.

3. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Railjet Yessssss

• Like Like x 1
  4. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Railjet would be absolutely amazing. We already have Taurus, they would need to redesign it a bit and include the LZB system. I think it's totally doable. However, there might be licensing issues with ÖBB and Railjet brands. We'll just have to wait and see.

I do hope some time we will see an ICE 2 or even an ICE 1 DLC, day one purchase from me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They already said they won't.

Hopefully when the BR101 with hopefully some IC coaches will be released we'll be able to use the Ham-Lub MRCE 182, but they say they already have problems mixing two DLCs togheter so I wouldn't hold my breath.

As someone from DTG would say "if you don't see Railjet or IC on the roadmap is not happening."

You can't be disappointed if you don't have any expectations

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well the LZB for the 182 is a job for the Preserved collection Team in a few months I hope
    But an OBB Taurus would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

"You can't expect a TSW loco to be brought up to TSW2 standards"

That's the answer I've got from Matt by answering if there were any plans for using the 182 from P.Coll for NightJet or other IC services in Koln-Aachen a few weeks back.

go to 41:19 where he answers my question directly.

We will have to wait for the MRCE BR182 which will come out with Ham-Lub.

I don't disagree with their reasoning although it feels like an excuse to force us to buy the Hamburg Lubeck, but I'm sure there are other reasons behind this decision.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the RailJet. I hope they get the license. And with that also a nice austrian route. Maybe Munich-Salzburg, Salzburg-Wien etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Salzburg-wien would be nice or wien-gmünd with plenty of freight services as well

• Like Like x 2