PlayStation Isle Of Wight Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Diehard_4_2, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Diehard_4_2

Diehard_4_2 New Member

Hi can someone check on Isle Of Wight Issues white the XP is not working properly I seem to can't get gold on this scenarios or timetables

2. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

According to the latest stream the system is working roughly as intended at the moment - no set arrival times at stations as they wanted to give the player an unrushed experience. It seems an unexpected consequence of that decision is low XP scores on the route so Gold or Silver are hard or impossible to get. They did say on the stream they would investigate changing the behaviour. No timescales given.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Diehard_4_2

Diehard_4_2 New Member

Thank you for your information

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That first answer in the stream about giving the player a relaxed experience was nonsense and you could tell he was thinking that up on the spot. You could tell that for certain later in the stream when they picked up in the chat that the gold medals were impossible to get and then the game was up for the first answer. It was sort of admitted then that the times missing was not an intended thing but a bug. Most players knew that already.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Wow... at least some deception on the first answer, finally owning up to the issue on the second. Thanks for making people aware of this... hopefully we don’t see too much more of that from them moving forward.

(fast-forward 21:10 min into the video for the initial answer, then 48:15 into the video for the revised answer):

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it’s more a case of a chap not used to being put on the spot rather than a conscious attempt at deception but you never know. It was a nice try but there’s always some smartypants out there that’ll call your bluff. It’s better just to be honest about these things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I did rather doubt the first answer he gave. Being German and speaking relatively good English, when Jasper gave the first answer he suddenly seemed lost for words.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The lack of arrival times and the fact that you can't get gold medals are the only issues I take with the dlc, when these get fixed I will be really happy with the route!

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you add to that fixing the LOD textures of the buttons etc. and the late pop-in of Lake station what we have is an exceptionally good quality route, one of the best made in TSW to date.

There’s something else going on with some trains being made up of two A coaches instead or an A and a D and the usual TSW thing of AI trains running with the incorrect lights but how much that affects playing isn’t clear. All fixes will be most welcome.

10. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I forgot this was a Playstation discussion. Since I am on PC I don't have these graphic issues. But of course, I have seen the pictures and that would be hard for me to overlook as well. I am rooting for a quick fix for you guys especially!

• Like Like x 5