Hungarian State Railways: Budapest - Vác - Szob & Budapest - Vácrátót - Vác Railway Lines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by markalesso, Oct 8, 2020.

1. markalesso

markalesso Member

Hey everybody! Probably not many of you know the railway of Hungary but I would like to share some useful ideas for the near or for the far future cause I know that there are many stuffs to do right now but I am optimistic. Adding Hungarian routes would be an amazing step forward in Train Sim World's development, as it would be something familiar from the European setting, yet different because of the mix of old and new locomotives still in use to this day, some even around 50 years old. There are also 4 major operators in Hungary (MÁV, GySEV, Railjet, and Railcargo Hungária) and the implementation of them all would create a feeling of diversity and openness in the world.

Here I would like to share my ideas:​

The 1st plan would be the Budapest-Vác-Szob railway line: (here is the map of Budapest-Vác-Szob railway line where you can see it with the highlighted red line)
    Budapest–Vác–Szob-vasútvonal.svg.png
    • The Budapest-Vác-Szob railway line is the MÁV's double-track electrified railway line. The line is referred to in the hungarian timetable as the MÁV 70 line in the Budapest-Vác-Szob section. It was built in 1846 in Hungary as the first steam-towing railway track in the world between Pest and Vác. It's length is 62.9 km. The maximum speed is 120-100 km/h. About the traffic, it's Hungary's one of the most important suburban line. Since 2004 the inland passenger trains are running as cadenced timetable, they start from Budapest-Nyugati Railway Station and they go to Vác or to Szob. On the track there are three types of trains: passenger train, accelerated train-->it means that between Budapest-Nyugati Railway Station and Vác station the train only stops at bigger stations. The 3rd type is the „stopping train” which means that between Budapest-Nyugati Railway Station and Vác station the train does not stop anywhere, while from Vác to Szob it stopps everyhere.
    • About the trains and locos, from 2014 we can meet in the line with the new blue-white coloured electric Stadler FLIRT multiple unit and do not forget about the newest double-decked Stadler KISS multiple unit which was appeared for the first time in 2020. Besides there are shuttle-trains which are delivered mostly by MÁV Class V43(431 and 432 series) or MÁV Class V63(630 series)-->this loco only can be used for passenger or accelerated train. Another type is the 480 series called Bombardier TRAXX locomotives which also can be used for freight and passenger variants.
    • Furthermore, in the Budapest-Bratislava-Prague-Berlin line we can meet with EuroCity trains as well(for example Metropolitan, Hungária, Báthory EuroCity). These trains usually delivered by the slovakian ŽSSK 350 series or by the czech ČD 380 or also called the Škoda 109E series. Another significant thing is the heavy traffic, which are usually delivered by MÁV Class V63(630 series) electric locomotives, sometimes MÁV Class V43(431 series) or by MÁV Class M62(628 series) diesel locomotives or mostly by private railway company's locomotives like ÖBB Taurus (1116 series).
    • The lines would be:
    • S70 [Budapest-Nyugati - Vác - [Szob]]

• G70 [Budapest-Nyugati - Vác - Szob]

• Z70 [Budapest-Nyugati - Vác - Szob]

• Metropolitan EuroCity [Budapest-Nyugati - Bratislava - Prague]
    • Hungária EuroCity [Budapest-Nyugati - Berlin Hauptbahnhof - Hamburg - Altona]
    • Báthory EuroCity [Budapest-Nyugati - Bratislava - Terespol]
    • Notice: We distinguish these lines by a simple notation. Passenger train means „S” , accelerated train means „G” , stopping train means „Z” and the number „70” means the current line number. Of course the EuroCity trains would run from Budapest-Nyugati Railway Station to Szob.
    • Budapest-Nyugati Railway Station(under renovation approximately until 2021 january)
    [​IMG]
    • Rákosrendező(this station would be excellent for freight services)
    [​IMG]
    • Vác(it's an amazing station, it's also good for freight services)
    [​IMG]
    • Szob(this station would be also suitable for freight services)
    [​IMG]
    • Dömösi-átkelés is an important part of the route
    [​IMG]

The 2nd plan would be the Budapest-Vácrátót-Vác railway line: (here is the map of Budapest-Vácrátót-Vác railway line where you can see it with the highlighted red line)
    Budapest–Vácrátót–Vác-vasútvonal.svg.png
    • The Budapest-Vácrátót-Vác railway line is the MÁV's single-track electrified railway line. The line is referred to in the hungarian timetable as the MÁV 71 line in the Budapest-Vácrátót-Vác section. It's length is 48 km. The maximum speed is 40-60-80 km/h (soon 80-100 km/h) as many slow sings can be found here. About the traffic, mostly Stadler FLIRT multiple units can be found in this line, rarely we can meet shuttle-trains delivered by MÁV Class V43(431 or 432 series). Freight traffic is also rare here, once or twice a week can happen, usually delivered by MÁV Class V63(630 series) electric locomotives or by MÁV Class M62(628 series) diesel locomotives.
    • The lines would be:
    • S71 [Budapest-Nyugati - Vácrátót - Vác]
    • G71 [Budapest-nyugati - Vácrátót - Vác]
    • Notice: We distinguish these lines by the same notation like in the previous line. Passenger train means „S” , accelerated train means „G” and the number „71” means the current line number.
    Let's see what trains(locomotives) can be found here and these are the ones what I would like to see supremely:​
    • Stadler FLIRT(415 - )
    [​IMG]
    • Stadler KISS(815 - )
    [​IMG]
    • MÁV Class V43(431 series) electric locomotive(431 - ) It's nickname is "Szili" or "Szellem"(Ghost) because it has silicon semiconductor. The significant thing is that the first seven locomotives was made in Germany in Essen. This loco is one of the most important of Hungary's railway history.
    [​IMG]
    • MÁV Class V43(432 series) electric locomotive(432 - ) (notice: from this type there are two painted versions. It's nickname is "Papagáj"(Parrot) because of the painting.
    [​IMG]
    • It's nickname is Fecske(Swallow) because of the painting.
    [​IMG]
    • MÁV Class V63(630 series) electric locomotive(630 - ) The MÁV Class V63 series are made by Ganz for MÁV to haul heavy freight and passenger trains with high tractive effort. This is the most powerful type of locomotive that have been made in Hungary. No wonder that it's nickname is "Gigant". My favourite locomotive.
    [​IMG]
    • ÖBB Taurus(1116 series)
    [​IMG]
    • MÁV Class M62(628 series) diesel locomotive(628 - ) The M62 is a Soviet-built diesel locomotive for heavy freight trains. It's nickname is "Szergej" in Hungary which comes from a popular russian name.
    [​IMG]
    • Bombardier TRAXX - MÁV Class 480 electric locomotive(480 - ) I think this loco is well known for everyone.
    [​IMG]
    • ŽSSK 350
    [​IMG]
    • ČD 380(Škoda 109E)
    [​IMG]

Railway carriages:
    • H-Start Bhv 20-05 - It's nickname is "Fecske"(Swallow) because of the painting.
    [​IMG]
    • H-Start 8005 control car(it has two types)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • H-Start Bmx 21-05
    [​IMG]

Freight cars:
    • Eaos rail cargo van
    • Class Zaekks rail tank
    • Tadgs gargo wagon
    • Tagps rail cargo wagon
    • Habis rail cargo van
    • Habbillnss wagon
    • Rgs rail cargo wagon
    • Res class rail cargo wagon
    • Uagps
    Here is a map about these two routes which shows all stations the blue coloured line means the passenger train, the green line the accelerated train and the orange one the stopping train, while EuroCity trains are with pink notation):

MÁV-70_71_terkep_131118.jpg

Finally here you can see videos about the two routes(line 70 and line 71):
    - line 70 (this video is from 2013, in that time Stadler FLIRT multiple units had red-white coloured painting and as you can see for example Vác station which was under renovation that time).​
    - line 71 (this video is from 2019, where we can meet with the new blue-white coloured Stadler FLIRT multiple units and as you can see Vác station has been entirely rebuilt.​
    To sum up, my conception is to make these two railways(routes) in a map together, in my opinion it would work. Actually in line 71 from Rákospalota-Újpest station to Vác station the distance is 40 km which means that these two railways(line 70 and line 71) would take 103 km altogether and it's pretty good I think.​

Please consider this idea, devote some attention and make it happen in the future! If anything questions you have then do not hesitate to ask me, I am available at anytime.​

Best regards, Mark​

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 19
  2. takikcsi90

takikcsi90 New Member

The Budapest-Hegyeshalom-Wien (the full route can be found on the web) is capable of 160 km/h max speed and have ETCS Level 1 and 2.
    This line was the first fully developed ETCS line in Europe.
    17 MÁV “Gigant” (class 630) has been upgrade to hadel the speed and the ETCS system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. markalesso

markalesso Member

Yeah I agree with you! Actually my main plan was that. RailJet trains are the most famous there. The only problem is that the whole Budapest-Győr-Hegyeshalom-Wien Hauptbahnhof line is approximately 215 km which is really long but ofc not impossible to accomplish it. I don't know if TSW developers are willing to make longer routes like this in the future but we will see. First of all I would like to see a hungarian route and I think the Budapest-Vác-Szob(line 70) and Budapest-Vácrátót-Vác(line 71) would be a good option to start a project.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  4. borbaskevin40

borbaskevin40 New Member

I would also like to see the Hungarian railway, I hope it does not escape the attention of the makers and they do it :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. markalesso

markalesso Member

Hopefully we will see something like that!

6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Those older trains look interesting. Landscape is pretty nice too. Would be nice to have a new signalling system to learn. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. szabikar22

szabikar22 New Member

That would be really good! :) Hajrá Magyarország!

• Like Like x 1
  8. markalesso

markalesso Member

Igen, hajrá Magyarország/Hungary!

• Like Like x 2
  9. 431095

431095 New Member

We need a Hungarian line with any Hungarian train, there's some other nice lines. The "100a" (Budapest-Nyugati-Szolnok) is very long: 101,2 km, and very cozy with very nice landscapes. So much trains:
    S20 Budapest-Nyugati – Cegléd – Kecskemét – Szeged
    S36 Üllő → Kőbánya-Kispest → Érd alsóTárnokMartonvásárKápolnásnyék
    G43 Üllő → Kőbánya-Kispest → Érd felső → Tárnok → Székesfehérvár
    S50 Budapest-Nyugati – ÜllőMonor (– Szolnok)
    G50 Budapest-Nyugati – Monor – Cegléd – Szolnok
    Z50 Budapest-Nyugati – Monor – Cegléd (– Szolnok)
    személy Budapest-Nyugati – Monor – Cegléd – Szolnok – Debrecen – Nyíregyháza
    személy Budapest-Nyugati – Cegléd – Kecskemét – Szeged
    személy Cegléd – Szolnok – Debrecen – Nyíregyháza (→ Záhony)
    gyorsvonatok
    Szeged – Kecskemét – Cegléd – Budapest-Nyugati (csak Budapest felé)
    televonatok
    Nyíregyháza – Debrecen – Budapest-Nyugati (csak Budapest felé)
    sebesvonatok
    6102-6198
    Budapest-Nyugati – Cegléd – Szolnok – Debrecen – Nyíregyháza (– Záhony)
    16303 HÉTMÉRFÖLDES Zajta – Mátészalka – Debrecen – Budapest-Nyugati (csak Budapest felé)
    expresszvonatok
    Ex 1786/1787
    ARANYHÍD Szeged – Cegléd – Kőbánya-Kispest – SzékesfehérvárSiófokFonyód
    Ex 16706/16709 ARANYPART Nyíregyháza – Debrecen – Kőbánya-Kispest – Székesfehérvár – Siófok – Fonyód
    Ex 16906/16907 TEKERGŐ Nyíregyháza – Debrecen – Kőbánya-Kispest – Székesfehérvár – Balatonfüred – Zánka-Erzsébettábor
    Ex 1972/1973 TEKERGŐ Szolnok – Cegléd – Kőbánya-Kispest – Székesfehérvár – BalatonfüredTapolca
    Ex 1686/1687 NAPFÜRDŐ Szolnok – Cegléd – Kőbánya-Kispest – Siófok – Fonyód
    InterCity
    IC 602/615
    SZABOLCS Budapest-Nyugati – Szolnok – Debrecen – Nyíregyháza
    IC 604/605 NYÍRSÉG
    IC 608/617 HAJDÚ
    IC 609/618 CÍVIS
    IC 626 RÉTKÖZ
    IC 603 VÁRDA
    IC 628 SÓSTÓ
    IC 602/615 SZABOLCS Budapest-Nyugati – Szolnok – Debrecen – Nyíregyháza – Kisvárda – Záhony
    IC 607/616 DÉLIBÁB
    IC 606/619 BEREG
    IC 626 RÉTKÖZ
    IC 603 VÁRDA
    IC 601 SÓSTÓ
    IC 614 UNG
    IC 650 HOLLÓ Budapest-NyugatiSzolnokDebrecenNyíregyházaMiskolc-TiszaiBudapest-Keleti
    IC 656 KÓCSAG
    IC 652 PÁVA
    IC 654 RIGÓ
    IC 658 VÉRCSE
    IC 560 DÁLIA Budapest-Keleti → Miskolc-Tiszai → Nyíregyháza → Debrecen → Szolnok → Budapest-Nyugati
    IC 562 JÁZMIN
    IC 564 KAMILLA
    IC 566 RÓZSA
    IC 568 TULIPÁN
    IC 580 TAKTA Miskolc-Tiszai – Nyíregyháza – Debrecen – Szolnok – Budapest-Nyugati (csak Budapest felé)
    IC 638/639 KRASZNA Budapest-Nyugati – Szolnok – Debrecen – Mátészalka
    IC 700/721 KÁRÁSZ Budapest-Nyugati – CeglédKecskemétSzeged
    IC 702/711 TISZAVIRÁG
    IC 701/712 HIRÖS
    IC 709/722 TORONTÁL
    IC 707/732 NAPFÉNY
    IC 704/717 ARANYHOMOK
    IC 714/727 KODÁLY
    IC 724/737 MÓRA
    IC 705/734 TÖMÖRKÉNY
    IC 706/715 PAPRIKA
    IC 716/725 DANKÓ PISTA
    IC 726/735 KISKUN
    IC 703/736 MAROS
    IC 708/713 FESZTY
    IC 718/723 BUGAC
    IC 733/738 PUSZTASZER
    nemzetközi vonatok
    IC 33/34
    LATORCA Budapest-NyugatiSzolnokDebrecenNyíregyházaKisvárdaZáhony – Мукачево

Here's some pictures from the "100a" line:
    upload_2022-1-23_20-24-25.jpeg

upload_2022-1-23_20-24-32.jpeg

upload_2022-1-23_20-24-38.jpeg

upload_2022-1-23_20-24-47.jpeg

Here's the line (It's the highlighted red): upload_2022-1-23_20-26-20.png

But all Hungarian lines would be good because I want to be a driver and this is the best simulator to learn the profession.

• Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Is this the Hungarian section of the Austrian Ostbahn Wien-Budapest Main Line? If so OBB1116 from this route will impact HMA becoming the 08:40 Augsburg to Munich 20:43 Munchen Hbf to Augsburg Hbf trip furthermore Main Spessart Bahn 02:01 or 01:51 Aschaffenburg to Wurzburg via Lohr connector. 1116 will be made from DB BR182 MRCE BR182 locomotives so is the MAV 1047 the Hungarian Taurus. Achievements for them might be Taurus legend drive these following locomotives OBB 1116 MAV 1047 DB BR182 MRCE 182 for 10470 km. Music express complete Budapest Wien Express or Budapest Frankfurt Am Main service.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022