Santa Fe Albuquerque, Nm--gallup, Nm

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MasterofTrains, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Good idea?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2018.
  1. YES

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. MasterofTrains

MasterofTrains Member

[​IMG]
    The Super Chief prepares to depart.

The Santa Fe railroad was know for their passenger trains such as the Chief. The Santa Fe merged into the Burlington Northern making BNSF we know today. The section of the system I am proposing is from Albuquerque to Gallup, New Mexico about 95 miles. I'm not going to go over the history of this route.

Locomotives.

[​IMG]

The FP45's were the first to haul the Super Chief and were the workhorses of the Santa Fe. They work passenger and freight service for the longest time until retirement.

[​IMG]
    The F units would include F3,FT, and F7s. These were some of the most common on passenger and freight service. The liveries were the blue bonnet and the war bonnet. The Santa Fe relied on these for good service.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the F units came the more powerful and elegant E units. The E units did the same as the F except they did not haul freight as often.

[​IMG]

The PA units were also workhorses and did mostly passenger with the E units. The PA units did more Freight than passenger according to certain sites.

[​IMG]
    Other locomotives like this would haul only freight.

Rolling Stock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Super Chief was made up of standard single level cars and double level cars. The consist varies depending on year and service. Passenger mode on this train would be splendid.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Freight service would be as pictured above. Cabooses would be being switched out with the EOT or FRED at this time so they would fit in well in AI service.

In the end this route may not be the best for switching. The route has nearly 100 miles of main line running with passenger and freight. Riding the Super Chief or riding in a caboose on this segment of track can be fun and bring something new to the sim.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GP40Man5528

GP40Man5528 Active Member

Anything Santa Fe is a treat for me. I would much rather see some steam if this were to be made though.

• Like Like x 1