Driver Quality Needs To Be Removed Or A Big Fix!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by trainsimplayer2020, Aug 21, 2020.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

I was dring on Münster-Bremen route and had stopped at a signal showing stop but the driver quality was still ticking down and when the signal turned green again I had -1232 from +888.
    The loco(Train) was leaning as I had stopped in a turn(curve) and the quality was ticking -20 every second but it is not the only route it has done like that.
    It also happened on The Kyle Line: Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh Route Add-On when I was driving in a turn(curve).

Anyone has any solution to it?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't play career scenarios

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

You could just turn off career scoring in the options menu.

4. trainsimplayer2020

I have paid for this game and I only play career scenarios.
    I see quick drive and standard scenarios pointless to play.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You obviously find having scored points for doing something unrealistically as important
    If you have a fault report it to DTG instead of complaining on a forum
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/how-to-contact-our-support-team.3000/

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainsimplayer2020

This page is called Bug Reports!
    Then why do I need to open another page for Bug Reports when this page is called Bug Reports?
    I thought this page are for Bug Reports.

And I am not complaining.
    I just say how it is.

And this game is called Trainsimulator and then the game has to be as realistic as in real life.
    And trains drive after a timetable so that is why I drive career scenarios.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think the idea is people can post a problem here and somebody else had the same and know of a fix
    By posting to DTGs reporting section you get a reply and a Ticket number for the problem knowing DTG will reply directly to you.

You are right Trains do run to a Timetable, I had 18 years as a Guard and 10 as a Driver doing just that.
    But the timetables in the game are unrealistic meaning you have to go at full power and at full line speed to keep time.
    Ok for a Metro system but not for mainline trains

Which is why I don't play Career Scenarios because the timings are unrealistic

Peter

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  8. daymyron

daymyron New Member

That's pretty glib considering that many buy routes only for the career scenarios.

9. mike370

mike370 Active Member

Whilst Peter's statement perhaps come across as a bit terse, I'm afraid for many in the TS community the Career Scenarios have (long) become a stand in joke. A large proportion of players (including myself) having given up on them years ago.

Many scores of players going back 4+ years, have repeatedly expressed their concerns about the unrealism of many of the default DLC scenarios - in addition to noting all manner of related problems (like the driver quality scoring you've highlighted). So, DTG have been directly told countless times, but sadly have never demonstrated any willingness to listen - let alone do something about it. Seems another case of telling players to simply like or lump it. Rather than try to do anything to improve it.Sad but true.

But, I believe that is why Peter & others don't see this as a 'bug' as per se. Instead, just another example of a long neglected part of game play in TS [and this isn't any way bashing all the very good things about the game, before someone jumps on me. lol ]

• Like Like x 2
  10. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

Many Career scenarios these days start with 1000 pts and deduct pts for errors, lateness, wheel slip etc. but overall the timings and scoring are FAR more forgiving than in the past...There's still lots of broken scenarios, but most are doable...

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is a lot of money if you are not going to get the best of of your purchase by downloading other scenarios for the route or trains. The scenarios are Free and give you a way of running different trains not found on the route or using those trains on other routes.

Look at the Class 91 https://store.steampowered.com/app/222625/Train_Simulator_InterCity_Class_91_Loco_AddOn/
    It come with three Career Scenarios for the ECML London to Peterborough route.
    The loco can be used on any of 5 different routes in the game but they are not Career Scenarios
    Do some people buy this add-on, run the three scenarios and then forget it?

Peter