Better Passangers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migueld, Oct 16, 2020.

1. migueld

migueld Active Member

I think I'd be cool to re-create passengers in this game, TSW is already very well developed, the graphic are amazing but the reality is, it just gets boring after a while because of how the dead the game is. We all like to see new routes being added and all but each new route only feels new for a couple of days and gets boring after that. One of many ways to make the game experience more entertaining and realist overall, would be to create a much greater variety of passengers that don't all dress and look the same, including the fact that they have the same face as the driver you play as. For example, in the winter it would be cool to see passengers wear winter clothes, in lines like the Isle of Wight seeing passengers wearing swimming shorts and beach clothing maybe holding some drinks or ice cream or a family with children, on LIRR seeing passengers holding they're beloved American iced coffee, on the Bakerloo seeing people reading the news papers maybe. All these kinds of things put together on different lines would just give a little more life and realism to the game. Oh and also when a train is approaching a station passengers should watch the train approaching, that's just what happens in real life instead of looking like clueless zombies.

• Like Like x 4
  2. migueld

migueld Active Member

*also create passangers of different ages, teenagers, elders, kids, students, fat and skinny people yk

• Like Like x 2
  3. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Completely redoing the passenger system is something DTG has expressed interest in. Much like multiplayer and steam, it’s a long term goal, and since it’s not on the roadmap, they’re not actively working on it. I, for one, think it’s a lower priority (or should be) than steam and multiplayer, but I wouldn’t mind it, and have noticed a general lack of total passengers on most routes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yeah.. seems like what's on the roadmap is never what people are asking for...

• Like Like x 1
  5. firstpon

firstpon New Member

I want to see people using their phone as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see people elsewhere on bridges etc too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yeah and it seems like stations that are supposed to be busy are always dead for example Jamaica station on LIRR should be packed with passengers and there's never more than like 10 people.

• Like Like x 2
  8. migueld

migueld Active Member

Rush hour effects should be a thing too idk why this isn't part of a train simulator, we'd expect to see stations packed to the max in the early morning and afternoon

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as that doesn’t result in people using mobile phones on routes set before they were invented.

• Like Like x 2
  10. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

This a great idea! To decrease the emptiness of the game(due to a lack of connection between the passengers and the drivers), I think they could have little icons showing how satisfied they are/ where they are planning to go after leaving the train/which station they are stopping at.

• Like Like x 1
  11. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yes! and interacting with them would also be cool like asking to see their ticket like they did in bus simulator 19

• Like Like x 1
  12. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Yeah totally! See my other thread I just posted for more info if you wish. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020