Ok,what Memory Running Out?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

What memory is tsw2 running out of?If you have lots of extra HD space how can a games routes run out of memory.What memory are the ones who running out talking about?There so many problems stacking up fast,dtg went with tsw2 to start fresh and improved the game,but all it's really done is quickly pile up more games issues then tsw1 has ever had in 1/4 the time.Maybe it's time to work on Train Sim World 3,No i'm not kidding.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s RAM that’s running out. The more RAM, the more stuff can be seen on screen at once. Storage space has no impact on this.

The PS4 and Xbox doesn’t have a great deal. Once it’s all been used that’s it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHINO BAZ

If tsw2 had less detailed buildings,no auto traffic and less non train related items plus fewer useless passengers,would this free up memory for trains to fuction better?It's called train sim world 2 not train sim world+a bunch of game breaking extras 2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

If you've gots of software on your Xbox this may be why, perhaps stuff is running in the background. Try rebooting your console and retry

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Removing things from the scene would free up memory, but it’d also make the route less appealing to drive. It’s a balancing act.

6. SHINO BAZ

If the point is drive a train why it matter if the buildings,mountains,or whatever look super detailed if the route your driving ends after you driven only 75% of the way.Before you get kicked back to the main menu.

Why no one here ever holds dtg accountable for there shoddy quality control testing,is beyond me.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

HMA? They say it before the premiere ...

8. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I had this problem on Xbox a couple of times.

To solve it I fully shut down the Xbox every few days and it’s not a problem anymore.

Hold down the button on the front of the Xbox to shut down, and once it powers down KEEP the button pressed. After maybe two seconds you will hear the hard drive shutting down, keeping the button pressed, listen for the hard drive to stop. Then you can use your controller to restart your Xbox. Whole process takes maybe a minute.

I think what happens is the Xbox keeps things running in the background, dtg dev kits probably do not do this, so when testing they are not testing a real life scenario.