Why Do I Keep Having To Login

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 01438820193, Oct 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 01438820193

01438820193 New Member

Every couple of weeks or so on starting the game I have to login with Email & Password. Why does it not keep me logged in all the time?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

You are lucky if it is only every few weeks, I have the same issue, but itis every few days

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, same here. It does get a little tiresome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

This used to happen with me in TSW2020 where it made me login every couple of days which was quite annoying, but with TSW2, I only had to login once and it's not made me since.

5. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

It's the single reason why I disabled dovetail live. All it takes is not to play TSW2 for a few days to have login again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

I just set up a macro on my keyboard to auto type my login details so every couple of weeks when it does ask me to log in I press 1 key and its logged in within a second.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rat7_mobile

2 days in a row, Yesterday and today I had to login, and beside, play a few hours every day

8. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This has been occurring since day one for me... back in 2018 or 2019 (can't remember when I started). Unfortunately I have not seen any mention of this on the roadmap. It is frustrating. No other game I play has this problem.

9. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

I have the same issue - I think that it's whenever your public IP address changes (your unique internet identity) eg whenever the routers reset
    https://whatsmyip.com/

10. gordon.ramsden

gordon.ramsden New Member

I also have the same issue, however I have a static/fixed IP address (I need it for business reasons) so i don't think it is the reason. Like everyone else i find it irritating. I suppose it should be added to the road-map however, i would guess its far more important to DTG to get it fixed as they are bound to use it for their stats..

11. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Same problem, but every time I open the game...

12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It was like that on TSW and got to the point where I just skipped it. I have only logged in once on TSW2 and it hasn't asked me since.

13. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

This, or maybe DTG updates the backend.. For example new routes or tweaks to the mastery section.

As a person who works in IT, I can understand that they have to kick cached connections/logins in order to push the backend update to everyone.

Mind you this 'having to log in again' happens usually when they either have released an update for the game, or are planning on releasing a new route. Hence my suspicion is on the updated backend part.

But that said, what Daytona described would make sense to me as well.

I don't find it very bothersome to be honest. There are worse things than having to log in...

• Like Like x 2
  14. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

I think it wouldn't be a problem if password like the username would remain already prefilled and all I had to do was click the "sign in" button vs having to look up in my records what that password is and type it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  15. rat7_mobile

Except for the fact that the game simply close unless you login successfully

16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

No, there's an option to skip it. And choose not to be reminded in future.

17. kuhndj#6012

kuhndj#6012 New Member

Still an issue apparently... keeps asking me to log in and now I'm sick of it so just don't... games just aren't important enough to be this inconvenient, better to NOT require log in at all rather than do it this poorly.

18. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yep, still happening. Just make the game remember my sodding password, it's really not that complicated and doesn't need to be that secure. If it keeps happening, I'll be making my password less secure anyway, so it's easier to enter every single time I open the game...