Two Ui Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rudolf, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

First: is it possible to show the service/scenario descriptions in the Journey menu, as well as the estimated duration of the drive.
    My second suggestion, would it be feasible to make it possible to turn off the timetabled stops for passenger services? For IOW this is so relaxed and I do not really appreciate all timetables, because they force a drving style I do not like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Krober

Krober Member

To be honest, the timetables at the german routes are original timetables. When you are a beginner it is usually difficult but you get used to it quickly.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The descriptions in Journey Mode are needed as sometimes that’s all the info you get on what kind of service it is. I’ve got a feeling they should be there but it’s a bug that they don’t show up as Journey is the default mode TSW2 puts you in unless you turn it off.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Having an estimated time for a timetable service would be nice. I guess since all services are timetabled that expected arrival time at the final destination is already somewhere in the game files.

As for timetables and a clock ticking giving you some pressure, I simply learned to ignore it. Did a drive on Tees Valley yesterday and arrived 15 mins late at my final destionation. Don't care. This seems to be the most simple way. You can't get rid of the clock, but you can decide to ignore it.

Timetable can be annoying when arriving early though. I remember on WSR I sometimes just have to wait 5+ minutes on a station, which may be realistic but not very enjoyable. Although you get no penalty for departing early, you need to be careful when approaching the next station as the UI objective won't update. Plus on single-track routes like WSR you may actually have a red signal which forces you to wait :P