Updates Keep Messing Up My Routes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Hello thanks for looking.

I was half way through making a route when there was a update from dtg then all my track elevation was all messed up! Most of it underground and some of it hovering above ground? So I put it all back again and it was fine until another update and elevation all screwed up again! Am I missing something please?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would suggest to Clone the Route but as it is your own creation I don't know why the Steam updates would change it.
    Maybe try a different track type?

3. Ron712

Ron712 New Member

I too had this problem, my route is rather long, Waterloo to Weymouth and Exeter, fortunately I don't trust the platform entirely so had copied the route folder (in contents) to a slave drive (sorry auxiliary drive) on the computer and in the NAS Drive, this seems unaffected, when I deleted the damaged one and copied the original back. Hope this helps

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I wonder if you were editing the original route? In that case, updates would indeed restore the route to its original format. But if other changes were kept, then I'm mystified. That said, I do like the idea of backing up your folder so that if something screws up, you can replace the problem items. Keep in mind that you could inadvertently replace the update at the same time. To help guard against accidentally doing this, check the Steam Manifest file for the game (see something along the lines of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps and bring up a Notepad window, then drag appmanifest_24010.acf into it) and look for something with a recent change of date; looking up the related item in SteamDB (for instance, https://steamdb.info/app/65224/subs/ refers to the Bristol-Exeter route and is numbered as such in the manifest) will tell you which ones you should not replace from the updates. Just be careful not to break anything. :)