Hauptstrecke Munchen-augsburg Coming Soon......

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak131, Oct 14, 2020.

1. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

the most common thing will be "Zugbeeinflussung" which translates to "train influencing". This comes up everytime you manipulate the PZB system, like freeing yourself from the 40km/h limitation and what not.
    When booting up the ICE the voice says "Türen geöffnet" (doors open), "Störung" which is "fault" or "disorder" and Zugbeeinflussung.
    There is one other thing that is said twice but even I can't fully understand it, only something with "gesperrt", meaning "locked" or "disabled" depending on the context.
    Also a female voice will repeat "AFB" when you are turning on the AFB control. AFB is short for "automatische Fahr- und Bremssteuerung" and should translate to "automatic acceleration and break control" and assists the driver in keeping the train at the preset speed.

Then you have Sam's infamous "SIFA", which is a short for "Sicherheitsfahrschaltung" and translates to dead man's vigilance device. If you miss pressing the SIFA a voice will tell you "Sifa Zwangsbremsung", which is emergency break and sifa being the reason. If you fail the PZB check a voice will tell you just "Zwangsbremsung", e.g. emergency break.

And when closing the doors it says "schließvorgang eingeleitet", which just means the doors are closing.

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

notsbremsung?? what is that. turen de acchnen or something like that. and enigestsdads

3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

IIRC, notbremsung means "emergency brake".

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you for you explanation.

Anyway, like I said above, mine was just an example. And yes, there are some people on Youtube and Twitch who spent almost $ 4000-5000 for a "professional" gaming PC (4k monitor inclused). I think the argument its most important, cause people need to know how to move in an increasingly complex market.

So, you said that the next future standard will be 32 GB of RAM, and the current standard (always about the RAM) is 16 GB.
    So, in practice you said that the next generation consoles comes already old and obsolete. Cause in their most powerful setup/verson they got just 16 GB of RAM.

Xbox X Series specs: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-.....1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..0.26.2454.xtGgq2kcxoQ

PS 5 specs: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-IT&gbv=2&q=PS+5+specs&oq=PS+5+specs&aqs=heirloom-srp..0l5

5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

As I said before, 32 GB isn’t required by any games as of now. Some games can’t can take advantage of 32 GB. Games that load a lot of assets and textures at once would be the ones that benefit. Games like Flight sims, Planet Coaster, and Cities Skylines out of the games I play are able to use more than 16 GB on a regular basis. Also something else to consider is console games are heavily optimized to the specific console hardware, whilst on PC they are not. And on PC you are more likely to have background task running. Sometimes up to 5 GB of RAM can be allocated to background tasks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

So, I have to change "will be" with "could be"?

Note: we are talking about Train Sim World, not Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 who already ask for more resources than the current PC generation to working at max setting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Notbremsung just as Inkar said, is emergency break.
    I guess "Turen de acchnen" is "Türen geöffnet" (doors open) and "enigestsdads" is the one that I don't understand even as German - I only know it ends with "gesperrt", meaning locked or blocked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

And S-Bahn

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I agree with that point of view, but you can't have it all. The game is limited by capabilities of the computer you have and this is stretched to the limits, especially for consoles.
    I have bee at the Rhine bridge in Köln and it is amazing what you see there, at some moments 5-6 trains at the same time at the bridge. For the moment it is unlikely you can do that in a simulation.With less I will be very happy. If you own RRO and drive near Wuppertal, it feels really busy there and looks awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

I think there are licensing problems behind this. The Isle of Wight also does not have the original paintwork. You would need not only the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn licence, but also that of the VRR. On the basis of the new 423 it can be seen that licenses are difficult to obtain, otherwise there would certainly be "Bahnland Bayern" at the ends

11. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

My comment was more reflective of PC gaming as a whole right now. Some games can use more than 16 GB of memory, but no game requires it at the current moment. Right now, TSW does not need more than 16 GB of total memory based on my experience with my PC. Even at 4K and max. graphics settings, RAM usage remains under 6 GB at all times and graphical memory (VRAM) usage remains under 6 GB at all times. Keep in mind that consoles combine RAM and VRAM into one, so even 16 GB of combined graphical and system memory is enough not to mention consoles are more optimized and don’t run at ultra settings (at least not in the current gen.)

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

At moment, on TSW2, I play on Xbox One X at 4k without never had a single issue. People here on forum talk about a system crash in Miles Platting (on TVL route) I own all TSW/TSW2 dlcs/addons, and I never had a single crash in Miles Platting (like I shown on vid below). So, from my experience, TSW2 run *perfectly on Xbox One X and for obvious reason it will run better and better on new gen consoles, from the next month.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/9th-july-ntp-update.24144/ (Miles Platting thead+vids)

*Just the right compromise in terms of framerates and reducted draw distance if compared with an high-specs PC, obviously.

• Like Like x 2