Unable To Operate 483 Doors On Pc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Oct 19, 2020.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I am using a PC but I am unable to operate the doors on the 483. I have checked the manuals and YT videos and these state it is needed to have an Xbox controller, however I don't have an Xbox and as well as that my computer does not support RC controllers as it does not support wireless communication. How do I add controls to operate the doors via keyboard or add a custom USB controller? There also appears to be no way of turning the saloon lights on.

Edit: I have also tried walking to the guard's control panel but it does not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

You don't need a controller. When sitting in the driver's seat press Tab to open the door control overlay, there you can open and lock the doors.
    From what I know you can only close the doors via the guard panel.

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I noticed it is better not to touch the in game controls, but stick to the tab to control the doors. The in game buttons work, but do not mix nicely with the HUD control.

4. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do you turn on the saloon lights?

5. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Saloon lights are switches from inside the passengers area. On one of the wagons wall there are buttons for turning them on and off.

6. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The only switches are the ones in the same location as a MK1 and they don't do anything. The M7 units also have no saloon light, is this as they are not fitted in New York due to the higher hours of light and the need to save energy?

Something else I have found with this is the repaints are not driveable, isn't there a way to use them or is the repaint feature there as a side feature that has no other function?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020
  7. mclitke

But the M7 does have passenger lights? It is on the left console, one of the buttons in the middle I believe.
    With the Isle of Wight stock as said use the tab button to operate doors. Irl I believe the driver unlocks the doors, the passengers open them with the buttons at the door, and the guard closes them at the panel in the cab. Therefore you don't have an extra open door button in the driver's cab.

You can use your repaints in timetable and custom scenarios.

8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

They are there ;)
    20201019112004_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do you turn on the lights on the M7, are they automatic like on M5000?

10. mclitke

Not automatic. When sitting in the driver's seat, on the panel to your left, there are switches for marker lights, front lights and for the cab lights. Just look at the buttons, you can't miss them.

11. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

That only operates the cab light, how do you turn on the saloon lights?

• Like Like x 1
  12. mclitke

No there is 100% a button for saloon lights. One button that can be adjusted between 0 and 100% only for your cab, and one just with on/off that will turn on lights on the whole train. When turned on, there will be a light from left. Try the buttons and look in the wagons behind you. I guarantee you it is possible.

13. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The two are for cab ceiling light and cab gimbal light, the saloon lights are not affected by these.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mclitke

Did you look back into the wagons? Sorry but I just reached lv 10 with the M7 yesterday and always used one button on there to turn on the lights in the train. I can't take a picture as I am at work.

15. mclitke

IMG_20201019_125453.jpg
    Found a picture online. This turns on all the ceiling lights.

16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Use the digital screen for the lights. There is a box that you have to click on that screen.

17. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Nothing happens when I click on the box on the cab screen.

18. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

At release the M7 had a super dark interior. It was fixed later, but since the patch, you can't interact with "Interior lighting selection" anymore and now the lights should be switched on by default like the 377/4.

mclitke, this button is only for the cablight, not for the wagons. ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  19. mclitke

Well blimey, I guess I have fooled myself then for all this time. Guess I turned on the button and looked in the wagons and must have thought "yep", while they were probably on per default.
    I feel a bit stupid now :|

• Like Like x 1
  20. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Does the M7 have a platform length selector switch? If I open the doors on some short platforms I get all doors on the rear buttons and no doors on the front buttons.

21. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do you turn the passenger lights on with the ICE 3? Also, how do you stop the system saying something over and over when it is moving? There is nothing about either of these in the manual or tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  22. sequencer2k16

For the ICE 3 passenger lights press 5 on the left monitor to enter the menu and again 5 to turn them on or 1 to turn them off.
    If you switch the reverser, you will hear a self-test of the system and when you activate AFB it will be confirmed three times.

What exactly do you mean by "stop the system saying something over and over when it is moving"?

PS: You should not use this 483 door thread for your future questions about other topics. ;)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  23. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

ice light?? is it not 1 to close the lights??

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. sequencer2k16

Ooops, you're right, wrote too fast. I corrected it.
    Thank you.

25. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Cheers, I found it. It kept saying something in the training module but appears to have stopped on the timetabled run.

26. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The M7’s do have Passenger lights, the Operator will use the Left Screen in the cab to turn them on.