PlayStation Well, How Is Isle Of Wight?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Valdez, Oct 15, 2020.

1. son_of_thunder

son_of_thunder New Member

Hi there, I've came across an issue on the Engineering interruption scenario. When I get back to Ryde pier head and shutting the train down to end the scenario the master key lever seems to dissappear, I can insert the master key in and out but I can't get any interaction with lever, I've tried four times now and always the same outcome.

I'm playing on PS4

Wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have not played this one yet but I did have a similar issue a while ago in a scenario. I think it was that I could not remove the reverser. What I did was to save it, then quit it, and then immediately load the save file back in. Then I was able to remove the reverser and complete it.

Saving a game often causes problems in TSW2 so I do not use it now. Except when I have a problem such as this because often it solves the problem. If you have done a save before you got this far it is quite possible that has caused the problem. If not it would be worth a try. Just save, quit and reload. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

I have this on pc it looks real nice. not like problems ps4 are having

• Like Like x 1
  4. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

After watching some YT vids. This is actually nice route and looks like very enjoyable and fun one. Part of me is sad that I passed on it but part of me is not.
    Let's say this way, if I could afford it and the Munich-Augsbur route then I would buy both if them but since I can't I have to choose and I chose the other one.

Still, I'm impressed by Rivet. Especially as this is their first route on TSW, it looks like it's worth having.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG Protagonist
    In the IoW stream last night, you mentioned the train driving off on its own is a known bug which occurs when operating the doors from the guard panel. This seems to happen when operating the passenger lights too. Each time I activate the passenger lights and release the brakes, the train moves off on its own, even though the throttle is off. If I don’t touch the passenger lights the train behaves as you’d expect it too.

6. Lenwigg

I wonder if it would be worth trying to remember to turn them on right at the start of whatever it is we are doing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Not having a schedule is pointless for me - I cant keep it that way either and anyway. Especially since I have the option of driving without using the Scenario Designer. So I miss the timetable.

There are also other points that could have been expanded. In one scenario, you can couple to the train in the depot. That's nice but what now? That could have been expanded. E.g., dragging a defective train to the depot. It would be great if you could design something like this yourself in the designer!

Then there are the typical inconsistencies.
    In the tutorial you should stop at various points, but what is meant is a run over. But what is it important for?
    In the last scenario, the last instruction to change the driver's cab again or to drive backwards is missing.

In addition, the services completed are not counted in the timetable.
    And is it correct that the doors can be opened before the main key etc. are even operated? The all inclusive is negligent. If you hand over a train service and change the direction of travel, the front and rear lights shine together. Add to that the strange behavior of the doors in order to get on or off the train at all. Last but not least, if you are traveling as a passenger, you (again) always have the red crosshairs in view.

As I said, it is a charming route for amusement, but to drive just for fun and so many abandoned options, € 25 is simply too much. In addition the usual defects and shortcomings.

But maybe 50% fun and 50% frustration is a good result for Rivet / DTG. IoW is already good for a non-seller and the route and the work in it did not deserve it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Rivet have uploaded a route building video on YouTube. It’s an interesting watch!

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The route simulates an actual timetable from real life, running real services, which have departure times from each station and an arrival time at the last station. To say that leaving all that out was intentional and a design choice is not believable and should not be acceptable to the player either. It was clearly an error and needs to be fixed. Running a scheduled service doesn’t only mean not arriving at the last station late it means never leaving any station early as well. You can’t do that without the times. Having no timetable is as bad as having no pier or the train being the wrong class. Sure, you could drive the wrong train and terminate at the wrong station but would that be acceptable? Nope. Same with the timetable.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I didn't buy their initial excuse either. They said it was to give the player a more relaxing experience, this makes no sense as what's the point of timetable mode if there isn't a timetable to stick to? I think they just didn't want to admit that it managed to get released without the stopping times as any amount of testing on any platform should have revealed this error.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lenwigg

Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. son_of_thunder

I hadn't done a save before so I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it's still not working, I'll just pass on this scenario for the moment. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Matt definitely put the Rivet dev (Jasper I think) on the spot with that one.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

He sure did, it did seem to come as a surprise to him as he didn't really give a clear answer. To me, it could have been easily answered by saying they're aware of it and are looking into it, instead of trying to justify it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder though, as it seems that the timetable issue is across platforms, and Jasper didn't seem to be aware of the issue, had he even played the route at all before that stream?

• Like Like x 2
  16. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Use the Forward 2 setting on the reverser once you're moving. It's like a higher gear. Pity the tutorial doesn't mention it anywhere.

17. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Could be relating to changing ends before the script tells you to. The glitch didn't happen for me then.

• Like Like x 1
  18. son_of_thunder

You were spot on man, I was indeed changing ends to early, completed the scenario no problem this time

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I was on the fence about this route. The route just doesn't look very exciting. Sure, it's a unique setting with classic rolling stock, but in terms of what you get for your money, I just don't think it compares to other routes. I watched the live stream to see if it would convince me to buy, but sadly, it did the opposite. No timetabled services? Really? I get the feeling this is something they all know should be there, but maybe the dev tools for 2nd party devs like Rivet doesn't support it at the moment? At least I hope that's the reason, because otherwise they just couldn't be bothered. For me, that's a deal breaker right there. But, having read through the posts about the poor quality visuals on PS4/Pro along with other bugs, and it seems I've made the right choice, at least for now.

If this is what we can expect from 2nd party developers, then I'll be checking who's behind future routes before buying. For a tenner, maybe it's worth a go despite it's shortcomings, but for a fiver under what a more complete, longer and more interesting route gives you - no thank you. It's almost as if Rivet were given this as a test, to see how they do. It's possibly the shortest and simplest route they could have worked on. Sadly, it seems on PS4 at least, they dropped the ball with it. I hope the reported issues get sorted out, but it shouldn't have been released in this state. I seem to recall a little while back that DTG mentioned this was being pushed back because the QA team thought it needed more work. Clearly, there's still work to be done despite that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster morning Natalie, on the stream on Friday Sam mentioned that a patch would be coming pretty quickly for the texture issues on console with a general update for other stuff coming after that. Any ideas when that first patch will drop please?

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Morning TinTin_57 unfortunately I can't offer you a timescale right now, but this is already being worked on and we are looking to get it resolved swiftly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I am sorry I bought this on day one. Should have been called “isle of bugs” the fact this got through with no timetable mode tells me it was a rush job and no one gave a toss.

• Like Like x 1
  23. eire007

eire007 Active Member

And anyone who tells me there are “testers” need to re evaluate their brain.

• Like Like x 1